Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: On Chubb's performance, Oline was an abomination

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm

I just watched his runs. I think he has feet that are too choppy and unsure. He looked quick at times,but 80% of the time I almost feel like he doesn’t know where the play is going. Or he doesn’t understand the flow of the play. I’m not sure how to describe it. To me he doesn’t look comfortable. Maybe some more time will help. I think he can make the moves in the open field but either his vision or comprehension looks off.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm I just watched his runs. I think he has feet that are too choppy and unsure. He looked quick at times,but 80% of the time I almost feel like he doesn’t know where the play is going. Or he doesn’t understand the flow of the play. I’m not sure how to describe it. To me he doesn’t look comfortable. Maybe some more time will help. I think he can make the moves in the open field but either his vision or comprehension looks off.
Did you watch him tonight? It was basically a 180.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Wti18Uoo8

The only vid that's out there that I could find, currently. I watched every carry tonight, he looked good. My favourite run was a 3 yard run. 2nd and 1, and he gains 3 yards (25 seconds). He makes changes direction twice and makes 2 tacklers miss behind the LOS. Great run.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 pm

I was basing it off tonight. Week 1 the line was too bad to tell anything.

He definitely flashed at times. Still think he doesn’t run as decisively as Hyde did. I think Hyde looked better but maybe it was an oline difference. Just my uneducated 2c. I want him to figure it out. To my rookie eyes he looked off.

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 pm I was basing it off tonight. Week 1 the line was too bad to tell anything.

He definitely flashed at times. Still think he doesn’t run as decisively as Hyde did. I think Hyde looked better but maybe it was an oline difference. Just my uneducated 2c. I want him to figure it out. To my rookie eyes he looked off.
Yeah, IDK what to say then, I thought he read his blocks well, created yards on his own on some runs, and really maximized his yardage tonight. To each their own.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Yeah, no worries. Just one opinion. And I’m certainly in the minority I’m guessing. And like I said, I hope I’m wrong for his sake.

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:40 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 pm I was basing it off tonight. Week 1 the line was too bad to tell anything.

All true but you have to remember Hyde is a vet now (and a good player) and Chubb is a rookie. Would be stoked if Chubb came out running like a 6yr vet, I don't think Chubb will take Hyde's starting role this year but next year all bets are off

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:16 am

AussieMate wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:40 pm

All true but you have to remember Hyde is a vet now (and a good player) and Chubb is a rookie. Would be stoked if Chubb came out running like a 6yr vet, I don't think Chubb will take Hyde's starting role this year but next year all bets are off
I was high on Hyde coming out, at least in terms of his class, which was weak at the top end, but I honestly agree with you. I think Chubb will spell Hyde (and Hyde tends to miss some games, so may have an opportunity at some point this year), but the Baker handing off to Chubb will be more of a thing next year.

Side note. Chubb is splitting out as a WR, and nobody is talking about this. He may have sneaky PPR upside (nothing crazy, but we haven't discussed this) and I watched the game tonight, and he lined up out wide multiple times, and also caught a few passes, one on a check down, one on a screen.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm I just watched his runs. I think he has feet that are too choppy and unsure. He looked quick at times,but 80% of the time I almost feel like he doesn’t know where the play is going. Or he doesn’t understand the flow of the play. I’m not sure how to describe it. To me he doesn’t look comfortable. Maybe some more time will help. I think he can make the moves in the open field but either his vision or comprehension looks off.
Did you watch him tonight? It was basically a 180.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Wti18Uoo8

The only vid that's out there that I could find, currently. I watched every carry tonight, he looked good. My favourite run was a 3 yard run. 2nd and 1, and he gains 3 yards (25 seconds). He makes changes direction twice and makes 2 tacklers miss behind the LOS. Great run.
he looked great. so happy i have him in 3 leagues. he's gonna be useful for a few years.

how many tacklers did he make miss? great moves in the open field and inside as well. was that edmonds he juked on the td run? he froze him then changed direction subtly and by the time edmonds realised he had to move sideways it was too late as the blocker took him out.

i'm so pleased with his game.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:16 am
AussieMate wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:40 pm

I was high on Hyde coming out, at least in terms of his class, which was weak at the top end, but I honestly agree with you. I think Chubb will spell Hyde (and Hyde tends to miss some games, so may have an opportunity at some point this year), but the Baker handing off to Chubb will be more of a thing next year.

Yeah, Hyde looked really good last night. The thing with him, like you said, he misses games mainly because he dishes out so much punishment out there, it’s fun to watch but not real smart on his part, lol. I’ve got Chubb on 3 teams and was able to get Hyde on 2 of the 3, because I also think Chubb is more of a 2019 thing. I’m excited about what I saw out of him though, I think he will only get better.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCD9c1-mVg8

Week 2 every target and touch

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:40 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCD9c1-mVg8

Week 2 every target and touch
Much more impressive than week 1 of the preseason.

The Browns have really loaded themselves up with talent. It’ll be fun to watch how all of this shakes out for Chubb. I still believe he’s one of the safest RB’s to draft from this draft class long term.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Nick Chubb = Studd

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Yes, the dd is intentional in the title.

Nick Chubb is a flat out stud.

He was a stud in college and kept 1st round pick Sony Michel running as a back up. He took over for Gurley as a freshman and looked better than Todd as a true Freshman. Without the one knee injury, Chubb would have rivalled Barkley in this draft for the #1 pick.

And he showed why this past weekend. Note his vision, tackle breaking ability and the ability to shift into another gear to pull away from corners and safeties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0tCD9fknUo

Chubb now has 146 yards and 2 TD's on 10 carries. 14.6 yard average. Not too shabby. 8-)

Of course that's being blown up by the two long TD's this past weekend. But, before that he was averaging 6 yards per carry. Chubb is a stud and should be sought while Hyde is holding down his value in my opinion.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Nick Chubb = Studd

Postby Tvols » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Trying to buy no one is selling
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:27 pm

'People' say he's capped by not being a pass catcher. Is it an opportunity thing with Duke Johnson around, blocking thing as he's a rookie, or has he never flashed that pass catching ability before that scouts see in other RB's like Kamara, Barkley, Gurley, Michel, etc.?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:29 pm

If you think he is a stud - fine.

But his performance against the Raiders should not be any semblance of your evidence. This is normal against the Raiders.