The Le'Veon Bell Tolls ... To the Ravens

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Le'Veon Bell

Postby murphysxm » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:48 am

For me he is virtually un-tradeable. As an owner I expect this to be a one year blip and he will land someplace different and excel soon. As a buyer I have no interest in paying that price. Tough gap to close.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:54 am

Unless I can buy him for a guy like Jordan Howard and a 1st, I don't think I would be trying to buy lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:54 am Unless I can buy him for a guy like Jordan Howard and a 1st, I don't think I would be trying to buy lol
Those are the types of offers I got... if that

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:02 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:48 am For me he is virtually un-tradeable. As an owner I expect this to be a one year blip and he will land someplace different and excel soon. As a buyer I have no interest in paying that price. Tough gap to close.
I'd expect a blip this year and beyond. Why? The rb position in fantasy is a blend of talent, health, opportunity, supporting cast, Offensive scheme, game script, etc. There is absolutely no guarantee that if Bell goes ANYWHERE else that he will be a top 3 fantasy producing rb. Could he potentially find a better landing spot, sure maybe, but, realistically, prob not. I think it's very reasonable to view him as having a high enough floor to be a top 10 ish fantasy producing rb, but, I think the days of him being a top 2-3 start up pick are now officially in the rear view mirror. Sucks but, its likely true.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:06 am

JFever wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:02 am
murphysxm wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:48 am For me he is virtually un-tradeable. As an owner I expect this to be a one year blip and he will land someplace different and excel soon. As a buyer I have no interest in paying that price. Tough gap to close.
I'd expect a blip this year and beyond. Why? The rb position in fantasy is a blend of talent, health, opportunity, supporting cast, Offensive scheme, game script, etc. There is absolutely no guarantee that if Bell goes ANYWHERE else that he will be a top 3 fantasy producing rb. Could he potentially find a better landing spot, sure maybe, but, realistically, prob not. I think it's very reasonable to view him as having a high enough floor to be a top 10 ish fantasy producing rb, but, I think the days of him being a top 2-3 start up pick are now officially in the rear view mirror. Sucks but, its likely true.
I think Bell's talent will overcome any "fit" issues. Couple that with the fact that he will be unrestricted so will be picking the spot he thinks is best for him, no concerns at all he will stop being elite

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am

No concerns at all. hmmm kay. That kind of confidence is overflowing with selective biases. I guess, in the long run, we'll see. Put the patient L.Bell behind a poor o-line, offer him a ton of money, and watch him be somewhere in the middle of the pack as it pertains to fantasy production. If I were an owner, I'd have a ton of concerns. Talent simply isn't everything when it comes to rb production.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:13 am

JFever wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am No concerns at all. hmmm kay. That kind of confidence is overflowing with selective biases. I guess, in the long run, we'll see. Put the patient L.Bell behind a poor o-line, offer him a ton of money, and watch him be somewhere in the middle of the pack as it pertains to fantasy production. If I were an owner, I'd have a ton of concerns. Talent simply isn't everything when it comes to rb production.
Bell isn't stupid enough to put himself behind a poor offensive line, which is a lot of my confidence. If he gets traded, whole different scenario. I just don't see that happening.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:16 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 am
joeya2001 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:54 am Unless I can buy him for a guy like Jordan Howard and a 1st, I don't think I would be trying to buy lol
Those are the types of offers I got... if that
I wouldnt even pay that

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:13 am
JFever wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am No concerns at all. hmmm kay. That kind of confidence is overflowing with selective biases. I guess, in the long run, we'll see. Put the patient L.Bell behind a poor o-line, offer him a ton of money, and watch him be somewhere in the middle of the pack as it pertains to fantasy production. If I were an owner, I'd have a ton of concerns. Talent simply isn't everything when it comes to rb production.
Bell isn't stupid enough to put himself behind a poor offensive line, which is a lot of my confidence. If he gets traded, whole different scenario. I just don't see that happening.
Bell is smart enough to know as a running back he probably has one huge contract left. He will play for whatever team gives him the biggest one.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:34 am

Did I miss a new report about Bell? Can't find anything.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:42 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:06 am
JFever wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:02 am
I think Bell's talent will overcome any "fit" issues. Couple that with the fact that he will be unrestricted so will be picking the spot he thinks is best for him, no concerns at all he will stop being elite
While this is speculation on my part, there is zero chance he makes his decision based on fit and syncing up with his strengths...otherwise, he would have taken the ridiculous sums of money PIT offered him. His decision will be solely based on money imo. Now, if its a gigantic market, perhaps he wont demand the money he has been demanding (since, he could prob make a ton of money in commercials and endorsements)...but my guess is he wants the notoriety of being the highest paid RB in NFL history and could careless about which team does it for him.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:57 am

Big money doesn't always mean the right fit for fantasy production. That is just how I see it. I think most 27 year old rb that have one big payday left in them will heavily favor the money rather than the fit. Maybe Bell is different. I highly doubt it. Like I said above. All this means is that instead of him being a top 2-3 start up pick and having a ceiling of top 2-3 rb fantasy production, he likely dipps toward lower rb1 production. His floor is still high. His ceiling just took a REAL big hit. That likely isn't going to boomerang back with a change in scenery.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 am

Simply put, I think Bell ends up where the most guaranteed money is at. This will be his last contract so i dont really think he will be too worried about fit. Given this, i think its fair to assume he wont necessarily end up in the best landing spot for production. Just my opinion.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:52 am

UATahoe wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 am Simply put, I think Bell ends up where the most guaranteed money is at.
I agree. The Steelers dropped the ball here in not making this happen from the outset.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:29 am

Undoubtedly Bell is extremely talented, yet the faith many owners seem to have in him continuing with a different team next season at essentailly the same level of production seems overly optimistic. The reality is Bell has been extremely fortunate to have Antonio Brown terrorizing opposing defenses. The Steelers' passing attack has not only been good during Bell's career, it has been lethal for the most part. I consider David Johnson at least as talented as Bell, yet his early struggles this season because of the talent/system he is in should serve as a warning to what could face Bell in the future. It is also worth noting, Bell averaged under 4 ypc for most of last season even with the benefit of the Steelers passing attack. He is not invincible. His extreme patience approaching the LOS is almost universally praised, but without a good o-line and a lethal passing attack, that 'patience' may quickly turn to being viewed as indecisiveness.

I do think Bell will make his decision based on who offers him the most money. I am not faulting him for that. I believe he has demonstrated over the past few years that he clearly sees this as a business first and sport second.