Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixon to the Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:38 pm

btv802 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:15 pm I think I heard that Buck Allen is out snapping Collins this year. Don't quote me.
Through 3 weeks- Allen 72 offensive snaps (110 snaps total-assuming special teams?)
Collins 69 offensive snaps
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:06 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 am
thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 am So far

Mixon 2
Collins 0
And how exactly did Mixon win week 2 vs Collins?

Week 2 was an OBVIOUS tie. Pretty difficult to get much closer than 87-90 total yards, and 4.0 ypc - 3.9 ypc.

So it’d be:

Mixon 1
Collins 0
So now it'd be:

Mixon 1
Collins 1

Beast wanted to keep score so just didn't want him to miss these weeks...staying healthy is part of the equation right? lol
Does Collins still get a point when people most likely benched him due to his poor play? I'm curious how many Collins owners had him in their starting lineups last week. Being hurt on your bench or just being on the bench are the same thing.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:25 pm

I started Collins. I think a lot of his owners started him last week. Not sure why you think he’s been playing badly?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:48 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 am

And how exactly did Mixon win week 2 vs Collins?

Week 2 was an OBVIOUS tie. Pretty difficult to get much closer than 87-90 total yards, and 4.0 ypc - 3.9 ypc.

So it’d be:

Mixon 1
Collins 0
So now it'd be:

Mixon 1
Collins 1

Beast wanted to keep score so just didn't want him to miss these weeks...staying healthy is part of the equation right? lol
Does Collins still get a point when people most likely benched him due to his poor play? I'm curious how many Collins owners had him in their starting lineups last week. Being hurt on your bench or just being on the bench are the same thing.
A) I don't think he's been playing bad. Opportunities have been limited, that's Collins only issue.

B) You're really going too far down the rabbit hole...this is a pretty fun more fantasy pts per week contest, nothing more (0.5 pt seems the most fair).

If you want to go nuts with it, fine, but it kinda takes the fun out of the whole thing.

I could just as easily say: I wonder how many leagues Mixon wasn't started in week 1 because teams were flush at RB and had "better" options like: Barkley, Gurley, Zeke, DJ, Howard, McCaff, etc (all of whom Mixon outscored but if Mixon was on the bench that doesn't matter).

OR maybe he got benched in that first week because some owners wanted to see it first.

The IFs could on and on, they're far too league specific.

Let's just keep it light shall we.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:34 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:25 pm I started Collins. I think a lot of his owners started him last week. Not sure why you think he’s been playing badly?
His first two weeks, he only had 16 carries for 48 yards. The 4 catches for 61 yards and the TD helped, but he still only had 19 ppr points those two weeks. I wouldn't call that good and wouldn't be surprised if many owners benched him because of it. Obviously not everyone has better options on their bench so maybe some were forced to start him, but he was benched in a lot of the leagues I play in.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:31 pm
Goddard wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:48 pm

So now it'd be:

Mixon 1
Collins 1

A) I don't think he's been playing bad. Opportunities have been limited, that's Collins only issue.

B) You're really going too far down the rabbit hole...this is a pretty fun more fantasy pts per week contest, nothing more (0.5 pt seems the most fair).

If you want to go nuts with it, fine, but it kinda takes the fun out of the whole thing.

I could just as easily say: I wonder how many leagues Mixon wasn't started in week 1 because teams were flush at RB and had "better" options like: Barkley, Gurley, Zeke, DJ, Howard, McCaff, etc (all of whom Mixon outscored but if Mixon was on the bench that doesn't matter).

OR maybe he got benched in that first week because some owners wanted to see it first.

The IFs could on and on, they're far too league specific.

Let's just keep it light shall we.
A) He wasn't playing that well and even if he was, opportunity is a huge part of it.

B) You obviously missed that I was trying to be facetious and was more poking at you for poking at Beast, but I guess that wasn't very obvious.

Not sure why you took it as anything more than that, but maybe I should try to change my tone in the way I write.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

That's a fair point, opportunity is a big part of the equation.

I may of just read it wrong. It can be difficult to discern tone in this medium from time to time. Sorry for the false interpretation.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Why are we still talking about Collins/Mixon?

The more obvious question is after Gio just put up a very solid outing in the same offense against a very solid run defense in CAR. Is Mixon even better than Gio? This is really all that matters. He put up 20pts on 17 touches which I would take from any non-top 5 RB
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm That's a fair point, opportunity is a big part of the equation.

I may of just read it wrong. It can be difficult to discern tone in this medium from time to time. Sorry for the false interpretation.
No worries, definitely happens to us all. Sarcasm especially is difficult to discern in person, let alone in writing.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:26 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm Why are we still talking about Collins/Mixon?

The more obvious question is after Gio just put up a very solid outing in the same offense against a very solid run defense in CAR. Is Mixon even better than Gio? This is really all that matters. He put up 20pts on 17 touches which I would take from any non-top 5 RB
The issue with that is I'll start to take Gio serious when the Bengals do. But it's been obvious over the last 4 yrs that they don't rate him even if his talent demands it, they persisted with Jeremy Freaking Hill rather than play Gio in a significant amount of snaps. Once Mixon is back I'd expect him to take back over the starting role with at least 65% of the rbbc workload whether anyone thinks Gio is just as good/better than Mixon.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:32 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm Why are we still talking about Collins/Mixon?

People keep having differing opinions on Gio. Some say he's an average talent at best and that Mixon is only getting the workload he is because he has no competition. And then others claim he's better than Mixon.

Reality is, he's a pretty good RB and has shown that over the years. Just not as good as Mixon as some claim to be.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:41 am

So I actually started Collins last week. I own both guys, but value Mixon much higher and I don’t think it’s close at all, which is how this all started. I also think Gio is a very good back ( I think he is better than Tevin Coleman and could be a three down back for a team), however I also think Mixon has the potential to be much better than Gio.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 am

Did we stop keeping score?

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 am

Mixon is good. DLF ADP in October has him RB9 over both Cook & Hunt. I'd argue you can consider him over Fournette. The people have spoken.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 am

This is dynasty, he should be RB5 over Gordon + CMC. His numbers are more sustainable than Kamara too. HOF