Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixon to the Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:46 pm

This debate can go on and on and on but until Mixon gets back on the field and starts where he left off and proves all the doubters wrong we are just going to go in circles on this one lol. I wasn't on this Forum in 2016 after Gurley's horrid season but I curious to know how those debates of "talent" went because I am certain there were truthers and people who considered him a guaranteed bust.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Gurleys great but an argument can easily be made he has benefited from a situation as well. The people who dont feel like Mixon is legit seem to not be taking situations into account. If Mixon were on the rams do we feel he wouldn’t be putting up Gurley like numbers? I bet it wouldn’t be that different. Argument can be made for every RB out there.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:58 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 am My issue with Mixon is we are 18 games into his career and his supposed sky high upside is still all based on projections of what he might do... not what he has done. Projection is certainly part of fantasy football but to put Mixon in the tier with guys that have or are producing fantasy stats is a little much for me at this point.
Isnt that what we do with all young rbs ? Barkley included?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 am

Honestly I am sick of it.... people give Barkley a break because he had one good season when he only had one great season in 2017. But Mixon and Fournette get the shaft when they are hands down better backs!? It's bull crap and people need to pull their heads out of their A's if they think Barkley is some generational talent and gets a break where as Mixon and Fournette do not.... makes no sense when you look at total skill set. Also the people that say Mixon lacks vision have ZERO idea wtf they are talking about because Mixon definitely has vision.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:04 am

CK_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 am Honestly I am sick of it.... people give Barkley a break because he had one good season when he only had one great season in 2017. But Mixon and Fournette get the shaft when they are hands down better backs!? It's bull crap and people need to pull their heads out of their A's if they think Barkley is some generational talent and gets a break where as Mixon and Fournette do not.... makes no sense when you look at total skill set. Also the people that say Mixon lacks vision have ZERO idea wtf they are talking about because Mixon definitely has vision.
x2
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:17 am

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 am

Titans95 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:46 pm This debate can go on and on and on but until Mixon gets back on the field and starts where he left off and proves all the doubters wrong we are just going to go in circles on this one lol. I wasn't on this Forum in 2016 after Gurley's horrid season but I curious to know how those debates of "talent" went because I am certain there were truthers and people who considered him a guaranteed bust.
So after that year everyone was talking about how obvious it was that Cooper should have been selected before Gurley in rookie drafts — some comical threads could be pulled up. Honestly, I love this community, but unfortunately there are a lot of posters who are quick to flip flop and over react. I really wish we had some sort of ranking system that tracked peoples view points. There would be like 5 people to take advice from (and I’m not saying that I’m one of them).

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:37 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 am
Titans95 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:46 pm This debate can go on and on and on but until Mixon gets back on the field and starts where he left off and proves all the doubters wrong we are just going to go in circles on this one lol. I wasn't on this Forum in 2016 after Gurley's horrid season but I curious to know how those debates of "talent" went because I am certain there were truthers and people who considered him a guaranteed bust.
So after that year everyone was talking about how obvious it was that Cooper should have been selected before Gurley in rookie drafts — some comical threads could be pulled up. Honestly, I love this community, but unfortunately there are a lot of posters who are quick to flip flop and over react. I really wish we had some sort of ranking system that tracked peoples view points. There would be like 5 people to take advice from (and I’m not saying that I’m one of them).
That would be awesome. It's not a matter of missing (we all miss). It's more a matter of how much you miss. There is nothing worse than the sheep that flock to the hot things and say they told you so.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 pm

^ yes, we all miss, but it is how you miss. When you plant a flag and talk about how obvious everything is based on recent info (which happens in a lot of threads) and then turn out to be wrong you just look like an idiot when those threads get pulled up. Like I said, it’s too bad there isn’t some rating system that holds people accountable for hard takes. People say whatever they like knowing it’s unlikely to be brought up later while they constantly digg up their wins like tools.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 pm

This would be a cool idea or a thumbs up/like kind of system. There’s a few people I constantly see and tend to agree with around here
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 pm
This would be a cool idea or a thumbs up/like kind of system. There’s a few people I constantly see and tend to agree with around here
Sounds good in theory but that sort of thing never works, it will get abused like always unfortunately.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 am
thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 am So far

Mixon 2
Collins 0
And how exactly did Mixon win week 2 vs Collins?

Week 2 was an OBVIOUS tie. Pretty difficult to get much closer than 87-90 total yards, and 4.0 ypc - 3.9 ypc.

So it’d be:

Mixon 1
Collins 0
So now it'd be:

Mixon 1
Collins 1

Beast wanted to keep score so just didn't want him to miss these weeks...staying healthy is part of the equation right? lol

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 pm

^ totally part of it. Interestingly, despite the missed week Mixon is only 1 pt behind Collins for the season now. However, they are both being crushed by Buck Allen, which is bad for Collins, but not unexpected unless you believed he was viewed as a top tier back by his coaching staff.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:15 pm

I think I heard that Buck Allen is out snapping Collins this year. Don't quote me.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:26 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 pm ^ totally part of it. Interestingly, despite the missed week Mixon is only 1 pt behind Collins for the season now. However, they are both being crushed by Buck Allen, which is bad for both, but not unexpected unless you believed he was viewed as a top tier back by his coaching staff.
Fixed.

If you're an RB it's never a good thing if Buck Allen is out producing you regardless of team/situation.

Thankfully we're still in the small sample size zone...actually kind of looking fwds to seeing how it ends. This has been a fun debate. I think that Mixon will win out, but I think it's a lot closer than most ppl expected it to be, for one reason or another, when this thread was started in the summer.

And yes I hate that Buck is killing Collins production...here's hoping for an injury lol jk