David Johnson - Code Red Panic? - Traded to Houston

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sct
Starter
Starter

Re: David Johnson

Postby sct » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:10 am

PNWHawkfan wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:50 pm Anybody else worried about his production in a flat line offense. Is this a hold situation or a fire sale before it is too late? Curious what everyone is doing with his shares.
What it comes down to is all DJ owners need to be crossing their fingers that last week was a product of the rams D being amazing (lets see what Gordon does) and not as much the AZ offense being amazingly bad. That said, Chicago D is pretty amazing too so we might not know the real answer yet.

Week 1 was NOT that bad if you watched the whole game. First possession he was ripping off 5-7 yards per carry, had 5 touches in first 6 plays, then they kind of forgot about him a little. Later he got the TD, then was peppered with targets on a red zone possession right after that and shoulda coulda woulda had another TD.

All this said, I traded him yesterday so I'd prefer AZ continues to suck. DJ/Parker for Hunt/Cooper
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 am

sct wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:10 am
PNWHawkfan wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:50 pm Anybody else worried about his production in a flat line offense. Is this a hold situation or a fire sale before it is too late? Curious what everyone is doing with his shares.
What it comes down to is all DJ owners need to be crossing their fingers that last week was a product of the rams D being amazing (lets see what Gordon does) and not as much the AZ offense being amazingly bad. That said, Chicago D is pretty amazing too so we might not know the real answer yet.

Week 1 was NOT that bad if you watched the whole game. First possession he was ripping off 5-7 yards per carry, had 5 touches in first 6 plays, then they kind of forgot about him a little. Later he got the TD, then was peppered with targets on a red zone possession right after that and shoulda coulda woulda had another TD.

All this said, I traded him yesterday so I'd prefer AZ continues to suck. DJ/Parker for Hunt/Cooper
DJ's fantasy numbers were better week 1, but overall, the Cardinals weren't a whole lot better. They still only had 51 snaps. They're just not getting enough chances on offense and that's going to really hurt DJ's numbers. There seems to be 2 problems. They have a serious lack of talent and they have a very defensive minded coach who has implemented a very stale offence.

I don't see how either problem will be fixed anytime soon

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 am

I might have shot myself in the foot a bit, but I traded Kamara, Diggs, Pryor, & 2020 3rd for:

Tyreek Hill, DJ, & 2020 First

I’m scared that Kamara could crash down to earth a bit once the season wears on, he’s been getting NO luck on the ground.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:22 am

steelman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 am
sct wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:10 am

DJ's fantasy numbers were better week 1, but overall, the Cardinals weren't a whole lot better. They still only had 51 snaps. They're just not getting enough chances on offense and that's going to really hurt DJ's numbers. There seems to be 2 problems. They have a serious lack of talent and they have a very defensive minded coach who has implemented a very stale offence.

I don't see how either problem will be fixed anytime soon
Ya, makes sense, glad I traded him for what I received. Was surprised I could garner that much.
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 pm

The DJ panic is way over the top. Cue Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 am I might have shot myself in the foot a bit, but I traded Kamara, Diggs, Pryor, & 2020 3rd for:

Tyreek Hill, DJ, & 2020 First

I’m scared that Kamara could crash down to earth a bit once the season wears on, he’s been getting NO luck on the ground.
I like that trade a lot.

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 pm The DJ panic is way over the top. Cue Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X
Yeah, he had one bad game. One good game and people are ready to put a player in the HOF, one bad game and they're dead and buried. Sure, the offense is concerning and overall his numbers are likely to be down. However his floor will probably be week 1 as opposed to week 2. That's of course assuming the team isn't so dysfunctional as to misuse their best player so badly as they did in week 2, which is not a guarantee.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 am

Just made the following trade in half ppr:

Gave: Cooks+early first (top 3)
Received: DJ + Boyd
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:50 am

DinoDynasty wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 am Just made the following trade in half ppr:

Gave: Cooks+early first (top 3)
Received: DJ + Boyd
Hmmm.. that's an interesting trade, I have the ability to make the exact same offer for DJ+ Boyd in one of my leagues. I might fire over that offer and see if I can get similar results.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 am

Needalife wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:55 am In a league where I own Gio, I sold DJ for Mixon straight up. Still on the fence as to whether or not this was a good move. I feel like DJ is more talented and we know Mixon is hurt. I gain 4.5 years of youth which I like and I've liked the way Mixon plays since last year... just needs to put it together.

Anyway, that's one trade that can be used as a benchmark.
You got younger but you also got the inferior player.

Johnson is such a great buy low right now. He's not even running poorly or doing anything wrong himself. It's factors he can't control that's holding him back. If those things reverse course, he's going to feast.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:59 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 pm The DJ panic is way over the top. Cue Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X
Finally some wisdom...good players stay good and bad situations just bring them back to reality a little. He will get touches once the Cards O actually do something to stay on the field...like get him the ball more
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:08 am

Holding. Agree with Rodgers R-E-L-A-X comp. It's early.

I don't think he will be a top 3 RB this year in what looks to be a HORRIBLE offense, but I think he will be top 12 or better and still believe in his talent.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Yeah the Cardinals offense looks horrible but that cannot be worst. At one point this offense will only improve a bit so DJ chances too.
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:11 am

A year-plus ago, I traded DJ and Cam Meredith for MG3, M. Thomas, and a 2017 1st.
Today, I can't trade him for a bucket of balls.
I just offered him to the Mixon owner for Mixon-plus and got shot down. Mixon owner is starting Mixon this week and taking a zero rather than trade for DJ.
This is insane, hope it is rock bottom.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Also in this David Johnson support group.
Would you guys sell for 2 1sts and a 2nd?
Been mulling that offer, I don't think it's bad value at this point even if we are in mini-freak-out mode.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:16 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm Also in this David Johnson support group.
Would you guys sell for 2 1sts and a 2nd?
Been mulling that offer, I don't think it's bad value at this point even if we are in mini-freak-out mode.
I did that last year basically - turned DJ into Kamara, a 1st (became Kerryon Johnson) & a 2nd (James Washington). So far so good but as a DJ owner in other leagues I hope they find a way to use him better. 8-)

I think it is going to depend obviously one what the 1sts become - ie whether they become early firsts and shots at blue chip prospects or turned into other good assets.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..