Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Josh Gordon to be released

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:19 am

So he's the WR1 overall now, right? I'm thinking about offering Julio, 19 1st, 2020 1st for him, does that get it done?

Ok, but seriously, if Gordon stays clean and produces, he's a FA this offseason. Where does he go?

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:22 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:19 am So he's the WR1 overall now, right? I'm thinking about offering Julio, 19 1st, 2020 1st for him, does that get it done?

Ok, but seriously, if Gordon stays clean and produces, he's a FA this offseason. Where does he go?
He's actually a restricted free agent after this year.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 am

I am very hesitate to give a first for a guy who may or may not be be seeing a suspension coming soon... There has to be something behind this than just we are tired of the BS cause they put up with that for years..i might consider a 2nd so I suppose I wont be owning Gordon.. is there anyone here that would gamble a future first for him?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 am

Omg. This is hilarious.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am

Tvols wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 am is there anyone here that would gamble a future first for him?
If you are trying to buy him right now you are an insane person. As a practical matter the current owner is either...
  • The long time JG truther who would rather die than see JG succeed on somebody else's roster.
  • The person who just picked him high in a startup or paid a lot for him this offseason.
I would expect either of these owners to want to "sell low" on him.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 am

btv802 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am
Tvols wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 am is there anyone here that would gamble a future first for him?
If you are trying to buy him right now you are an insane person. As a practical matter the current owner is either...
  • The long time JG truther who would rather die than see JG succeed on somebody else's roster.
  • The person who just picked him high in a startup or paid a lot for him this offseason.
I would expect either of these owners to want to "sell low" on him.
well insane no.. seeing what the going rate would be is all.. I said in the rest of my post I would not be willing to give a first and I would not be owning him..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:40 pm Could someone explain to me this narrative that Josh is a dumb person and doesn't know how to learn a play book? Where is this coming from? None of his mess ups have anything to do with his intelligence. He's an addict plain and simple. Addicts don't have to be dumb.
I've never seen such nonsense before either until this thread.

To the person asking about what to give... Not even as much as a second. We know exactly what he is. Good amount of talent but completely wasted due to his addiction. The story just goes round and round all the while he's producing nothing for his owners. You shouldn't be buying him really at any price.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:39 pm

After his 2014 season - it was all over the place; that he did not understand the playbook, he did not know what to do when he was on the field. Now, all you can really find is stuff about suspensions and what-not.
I found one article that "sort of" suggests his struggles with the playbook, I remember reading a lot more of it.

The article can be found here.

Some bits included:
Gordon admitted the playbook had expanded since the preseason -- a natural occurrence in a season -- and he was not up to speed on all of the plays, despite the fact he had a playbook while suspended.
Quarterback Brian Hoyer sat with Gordon for an hour or two on Saturday night before the Dec. 7 game against the Colts -- his third game back -- and went over every play and route with him. Gordon caught two passes for 15 yards in the game, with one key drop on third down and one late throw he couldn't catch up to that could have given the Browns a chance to win.
But left tackle Joe Thomas said that Gordon's return "seemed to throw off the rhythm a little bit of our offense, and we obviously didn't play as well. So statistically, it's a pretty easy case to make."

Thomas also said: "We played better on offense before he came back."
There was a lot more out there suggesting similar - but like I said, it is buried by all the more recent drug and suspension stuff.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 pm

How soon we forget who Josh Gordon actually is. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:39 pm After his 2014 season - it was all over the place; that he did not understand the playbook, he did not know what to do when he was on the field. Now, all you can really find is stuff about suspensions and what-not.
I found one article that "sort of" suggests his struggles with the playbook, I remember reading a lot more of it.

Some bits included:
Gordon admitted the playbook had expanded since the preseason -- a natural occurrence in a season -- and he was not up to speed on all of the plays, despite the fact he had a playbook while suspended.
Quarterback Brian Hoyer sat with Gordon for an hour or two on Saturday night before the Dec. 7 game against the Colts -- his third game back -- and went over every play and route with him. Gordon caught two passes for 15 yards in the game, with one key drop on third down and one late throw he couldn't catch up to that could have given the Browns a chance to win.
But left tackle Joe Thomas said that Gordon's return "seemed to throw off the rhythm a little bit of our offense, and we obviously didn't play as well. So statistically, it's a pretty easy case to make."

There was a lot more out there suggesting similar - but like I said, it is buried by all the more recent drug and suspension stuff.
If I had to guess that is because he was either high during games or just put in zero effort because he was.....wait for it.....high. I find it very hard to believe anyone is so dumb they mentally cant learn a playbook if they put their full effort into it.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 pm How soon we forget who Josh Gordon actually is. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.
It's crazy how quickly his value tanked and then rebounded over the span of a couple days. He is by far the most overhyped player of the last few years considering the lack of actual substance during that time.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:21 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:39 pm After his 2014 season - it was all over the place; that he did not understand the playbook, he did not know what to do when he was on the field. Now, all you can really find is stuff about suspensions and what-not.

Some bits included:

If I had to guess that is because he was either high during games or just put in zero effort because he was.....wait for it.....high. I find it very hard to believe anyone is so dumb they mentally cant learn a playbook if they put their full effort into it.
Gronk learned it and he reads at a 5th grade level
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Some bits included:

What I read here is that he didn't do anything while he was suspended. All those comments suggest he's lazy, not stupid.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm

This is incredible, the roller coaster the Josh Gordon owners go through.

But hey, this is what we signed up for.

I find it very interesting that the Patriots put Josh Gordon's locker right next to Tom Brady's. Obviously, they have "high" hopes for Josh!

Time to sit back with popcorn and see how this all plays out.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:18 pm

kris_kapsner wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm Time to sit back with popcorn and see how this all plays out.
Unless you know the movie theater is on fire.