Let's talk... JuJu Smith-Schuster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Juju a top 10 WR?

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:13 pm I like the idea of them swapping teams and seeing the results. I think everyone would say JuJu would be worse off and Shepard would be better. I just wonder how close they would be to matching each other's production
I'd like to see players on my fantasy roster head to better offenses as well, but no need to waste time wondering about something that will never happen.
JuJu is better than Shepard regardless of team. Let's move on.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:28 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:13 pm I like the idea of them swapping teams and seeing the results. I think everyone would say JuJu would be worse off and Shepard would be better. I just wonder how close they would be to matching each other's production
I'd like to see players on my fantasy roster head to better offenses as well, but no need to waste time wondering about something that will never happen.
Sorry sir

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:33 am

I disagree. If anything I think they're pretty even. JuJu is just in a significantly better situation. Basically every WR2 in Pittsburgh produces at a high level.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:37 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:33 am
I disagree. If anything I think they're pretty even. JuJu is just in a significantly better situation. Basically every WR2 in Pittsburgh produces at a high level.
It's still irrelevant. either Juju or Shepherd are going anywhere anytime soon.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:54 am

C_n_red_again wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:01 pm Juju put up wr1 numbers last year when Antonio Brown was out so the argument that he can’t produce without ab is not valid. In dynasty I’d say he is a fringe top ten wr. No one has been this productive at this age.
I wouldn't say it's an invalid argument all together...just that the limited evidence we have at this time does not fit. Small samples sizes...
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 am

Juju and Shep are very different players. I like Shepard and agree that his situation kills him, but he's a complementary WR in my eyes. Juju is 20 pounds bigger and far more physical.
When I watch Juju, he seems to be good at everything. He's a good long ball WR. He's effective making tough catches over the middle. He can do damage in the screen game. He can body up a corner or show enough twitch to create separation. He's smart and instinctive when the play breaks down. He's a physical and effective blocker. Add to this the joy that he seems to play with and consider his age and it's not difficult to imagine him being a consistent WR1 in the future.
As others have said, if you want to win now, you'd have to slot AJG and Julio comfortably ahead of him. As a long-term asset though I can see him being top ten.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:57 am

EVERYONE, stay calm and in your seats then nobody will get hurt. We're here to hijack this thread.

The real question is ..." Who is more likely to take over as WR1 and perennial top ten @ the WR position. Golladay or Juju ? "

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:56 am

When AB was out last year, JuJu was elite. When OBJ was out last year they turned to Ingram, not Sheppard. Sheppard might turn into something. JuJu is already something.

Froggystyle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Juju price check

Postby Froggystyle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 pm

What’s jujus value moving forward? Top 15 dynasty asset? He has over 100 yards receiving in all 3 games so far and had 19 targets in week 2.....that’s ridiculous..
12 Team PPR Superflex
QB: Rodgers, L.Jackson, Foles
RB: Chubb, White, R.Freeman, Guice, Snell, D.Thompson
WR: Juju, Tyreek, Edelman, DJM, Mike Williams, Coutee, DK, Washington, DJohnson, Isabella
TE: OJ Howard, Henry, Olsen, Ian Thomas

Picks |2019: 3.04, 4.07 | 2020: 1st, 1st, 3rd

2018: 6-7; 3rd place finish in playoffs

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Juju price check

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Left nut.

Froggystyle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Froggystyle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Haha
12 Team PPR Superflex
QB: Rodgers, L.Jackson, Foles
RB: Chubb, White, R.Freeman, Guice, Snell, D.Thompson
WR: Juju, Tyreek, Edelman, DJM, Mike Williams, Coutee, DK, Washington, DJohnson, Isabella
TE: OJ Howard, Henry, Olsen, Ian Thomas

Picks |2019: 3.04, 4.07 | 2020: 1st, 1st, 3rd

2018: 6-7; 3rd place finish in playoffs

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 pm

His value is: move along.

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:33 pm

I just see a BIG transition happening in Pittsburg.. I really think the torch is being passed from AB to juju.. hes running a lot of the same route AB ran last year from the slot and AB is becoming more of a field stretcher this year.. granted AB is the best WR in the game and he will have his blowup weeks that win you a game.. but I really think the Steelers are focusing on using juju more in the slot because of the mismatch.. or ben just ALWAYS finds him.
I really think that this offense will produce two low end WR 1s

I would try and buy him if you can.. I'm sure hes priced absurdly high
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:55 am

He’s easily a top 12 WR for rebuilding teams and probably around the top 15 WR overall.

It’s a bit too early to say for certain, but I’d be hesitant to trade him 1 for 1 for AB, AJG, or Julio. I’d waffle back and forth for a while if someone offered that.

Dr. Trades
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dr. Trades » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 am

I'm glad to see some hilarious responses regarding how valuable he really is. Kid is 21yo! Putting up elite top 5-10WR numbers regularly. What makes him so good as a dynasty asset compared to some of the other young WRs is also how consistent he is, among many other things obviously. Idk how long Ben is going to play, but I suspect that once he and AB move on in the next few years, Juju will continue to be Mason's (or whoever the Steelers draft) go to guy, with a solid up and coming James Washington to take pressure off of him. I agree he'd be hard for me to move even for a guy like Julio or other similar aging WR1. If you have him on your team, like I do in one of my leagues, count your lucky stars and demand a king's ransom if someone tries to get him from you. Just for reference, I offered someone in my redraft league AJG for him, and he declined. Juju has made it.
League 1: 12 Team League (0.5 ppr WR/RB, 0.75 TE)
QB: Dak, Rodgers, Jimmy G
RB: Henry, Mixon, Swift, AJ Dillon, Jamaal Williams, TDP, Zamir White, Dontrell Hilliard, Hassan Haskins, Joshua Kelley, Chris Evans, Jaylen Warren
WR: JJefferson, AJ Brown, Deebo, DJ Moore, Keenan Allan, Russell Gage, George Pickens, Isaiah McKenzie, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Dalton Schultz, Logan Thomas, Daniel Bellinger
D/St: 49ers, Cowboys

League 2: 12 team (28 roster spots) Superflex/TE premium (qb 4pts per TD, all others 6pts per TD, WR/RB 0.1 ppc and 0.75ppr, TE 1.5 ppr)
QB: Rodgers, Stafford, T. Lawrence
RB: javonte, ETN, Eli Mitchell, AJ Dillon, Michael Carter, TDP, Marlon Mack, Jaylen Warren, Darrel Williams, Kene Nguwanu, Trey Sermon
WR: J. Chase, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, KJ Hamler, Calvin Austin 3, Danny Gray, Erik Ezukanma
TE: Schultz, Fant, Evan Engram, Jelani Woods, Noah Gray, Durham Smythe, Josiah Deguara, Brycen Hopkins