Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Mixon to the Hall of Fame

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:41 pm

I’m a Gio owner and not a Mixon owner.

With that said, I never root for players to get hurt. I actually quite liked this last game where Gio got some touches because he was very efficient with them. And if that remained how the game plans went, where Gio got enough touches to get 8-10 points a game, more power to Mixon for being the lead horse.

Mixon flat out looks like a beast and he just turned 22. If I owned him I’d still be excited to own him. He has the makings of a top 10-12 RB in my eyes. And if the coaching staff wants to use him like they did in game 1, he’d fight his way into the top 6 or so I think. He’s flat out good.

As to the injury. It sounds like a fragment is floating around in his knee. Possibly a small bone chip. The scope will remove that. I’ve read that he’ll miss two weeks. 2-4 seems more likely. But we will see.

This injury does tell the coaches that they’ll probably need to mix Gio in for about 20-25% of the plays to keep their horse healthy and fresh though. That’s just speculation. Only time will tell.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Titans95 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:35 pm
smbkrypt24 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:00 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:54 pm If he didn't finish the game I wouldn't be making this argument but he did finish the game and finished it strong. So he missed probably 4-5 touches.
I am just trying to see where you draw the line. Severity of Injury? Finishing the game? Starting the game?
Then do you add career averages to the amount of touches that game or the average for that game?
Do you include the plays that you added in earlier that were called back for his average?

My point in all this it that when you make excuses and start adding or subtracting carries it becomes a slippery slope and every player in the league could have had better stats if the conditions were right. Why can't we just use the stats that were actually produced as well as watching him play on the field.
I guess I can understand where you are trying to come from but no offense your argument is kind of dumb. No one here is saying "wow look at his 4.0 ypc and his 87 total yards. Imagine if he had 15 carries more at exactly 4.0 ypc he would have done great!!!" All he was saying is that his usage was less than the previous week that was obviously due to an injury that limited his overall touch count. Gio was in for more 3rd downs than week 1 and 5 more carries, who knows if all of those plays resulted in negative yardage if they all went to Mixon or if Mixon busted off a 50 yard TD. He was just making a statement that going off of what to expect from a usage standpoint Mixon would have been in the game for more plays therefore had a better opportunity to increase his overall stats for the night. Its pretty obviously where to draw the line.....for a guy that has had zero injury history and based off of week 1 there were multiple plays where Mixon should have been in the game and touched the ball if he was not injured vs Gio being in the game because Mixon WAS injured. More opportunity=more points.
Thank you for understanding my point Titans95.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:54 pm If he didn't finish the game I wouldn't be making this argument but he did finish the game and finished it strong. So he missed probably 4-5 touches.
I am just trying to see where you draw the line. Severity of Injury? Finishing the game? Starting the game?
Then do you add career averages to the amount of touches that game or the average for that game?
Do you include the plays that you added in earlier that were called back for his average?

My point in all this it that when you make excuses and start adding or subtracting carries it becomes a slippery slope and every player in the league could have had better stats if the conditions were right. Why can't we just use the stats that were actually produced as well as watching him play on the field.
I guess I can understand where you are trying to come from but no offense your argument is kind of dumb. No one here is saying "wow look at his 4.0 ypc and his 87 total yards. Imagine if he had 15 carries more at exactly 4.0 ypc he would have done great!!!" All he was saying is that his usage was less than the previous week that was obviously due to an injury that limited his overall touch count. Gio was in for more 3rd downs than week 1 and 5 more carries, who knows if all of those plays resulted in negative yardage if they all went to Mixon or if Mixon busted off a 50 yard TD. He was just making a statement that going off of what to expect from a usage standpoint Mixon would have been in the game for more plays therefore had a better opportunity to increase his overall stats for the night. Its pretty obviously where to draw the line.....for a guy that has had zero injury history and based off of week 1 there were multiple plays where Mixon should have been in the game and touched the ball if he was not injured vs Gio being in the game because Mixon WAS injured. More opportunity=more points.
My "dumb" argument uses the actual statistics that were produced in games played. I said it before he looked good when I was watching him play.
The two points that were made were that he missed extra touches/yards due to penalties and injury. There are lots of players that get hurt and I am sure this is not the first time Mixon will have a minor or major injury. It is the nature of the sport. Talking about what ifs sounds like a fools errand and seems to be a waste of time.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:15 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:55 pm

My "dumb" argument uses the actual statistics that were produced in games played. I said it before he looked good when I was watching him play.
The two points that were made were that he missed extra touches/yards due to penalties and injury. There are lots of players that get hurt and I am sure this is not the first time Mixon will have a minor or major injury. It is the nature of the sport. Talking about what ifs sounds like a fools errand and seems to be a waste of time.
So let me get this straight it’s ok for you to say my original thinking was “lazy” or “dumb”, but if someone says your argument is dumb you get all mad about it? 😂😂😂😂😂 We can go back and check your original quote if you want to. Just don’t insult people and it’s all good. Be civil. Thanks.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:55 pm

Finally got a chance to see the TNF game on gamepass.

Mixon is definitely trying too hard to do a Lev Bell impression on some plays. But overall, looked very solid. Not great, not at all. And golly Dalton sucks. But Mixon looked every bit like he belongs in the Fournette, Gordon, Hunt class
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 am So far

Mixon 2
Collins 0
And how exactly did Mixon win week 2 vs Collins?

C’mon Beast at least attempt to be impartial. Week 2 was an OBVIOUS tie. Pretty difficult to get much closer than 87-90 total yards, and 4.0 ypc - 3.9 ypc.

So it’d be:

Mixon 1
Collins 0

The real question is, how are you going count the weeks now that Mixon is injured? I mean, staying healthy is part of the game correct? this fun little exercise is who is better to have on your team for fantasy football right? And you can’t win by starting players that aren’t playing. So you’d have to give these upcoming weeks to Collins by default lol.

*note: I will admit that Mixon has looked better. His wt loss appears to have helped his acceleration and he is thriving mainly on his superior overall athletic ability these days. He still makes the same bone headed reads though, and tries to hard to be something he’s not. This guy needs to get it thru his head that he’s not lev bell, and his work once he hits the 2nd level...I would expect more simply based on athletic measurables. He’s like a rich mans Mckinnon right now...not a compliment, but not a burn either, it’s just what he is.

**I still am very high on Collins and like him more than Mixon personally, but I don’t put either in the same tier as Fournette, Hunt, MG (they’re both one tier below - with the likes of Howard and Devonta - but it depends how big your tiers are I suppose).

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:15 pm
So let me get this straight it’s ok for you to say my original thinking was “lazy” or “dumb”, but if someone says your argument is dumb you get all mad about it? 😂😂😂😂😂 We can go back and check your original quote if you want to. Just don’t insult people and it’s all good. Be civil. Thanks.
I am not sure what you interpret as I am mad at something. Seems like you stretched for that one. Also, yeah the point of a forum is the information discussed is still there for review, so yes anyone can go back and look at it. I am not insulting. My point is the what if game could be applied to every player. I don’t think it helps in any situation. Use the actual stats from the game. Unless your league has points for what ifs it’s a fools errand to guess what would have happened.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 am

Tough break for Mixon. Looked like he was just getting going too.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:20 am

A scope to clean up a menisicus tear is very minor. Basically if your meniscus tears it can start to cause knee pain when the torn pieces rub against each other. The scope is inserted in a tiny hole and basically trims the pieces so they don’t rub. You walk out of the procedure feeling better than you did walking in. A little rest and rehab and you are as good as new. 2-4 weeks sounds right.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:21 am

smbkrypt24 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 am

I am not sure what you interpret as I am mad at something. Seems like you stretched for that one. Also, yeah the point of a forum is the information discussed is still there for review, so yes anyone can go back and look at it. I am not insulting. My point is the what if game could be applied to every player. I don’t think it helps in any situation. Use the actual stats from the game. Unless your league has points for what ifs it’s a fools errand to guess what would have happened.
I understand its all debate and that's fine, but starting your debate out by saying my thinking is "lazy" or "dumb" is just not really the way to start out any kind of civil debate. Anyway we can agree to disagree on this one. Will now have to wait a few weeks to see how mixon looks and a few years to see who comes out on the right end of this one.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:25 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 am
thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 am So far

Mixon 2
Collins 0
And how exactly did Mixon win week 2 vs Collins?

C’mon Beast at least attempt to be impartial. Week 2 was an OBVIOUS tie. Pretty difficult to get much closer than 87-90 total yards, and 4.0 ypc - 3.9 ypc.

So it’d be:

Mixon 1
Collins 0

The real question is, how are you going count the weeks now that Mixon is injured? I mean, staying healthy is part of the game correct? this fun little exercise is who is better to have on your team for fantasy football right? And you can’t win by starting players that aren’t playing. So you’d have to give these upcoming weeks to Collins by default lol.

*note: I will admit that Mixon has looked better. His wt loss appears to have helped his acceleration and he is thriving mainly on his superior overall athletic ability these days. He still makes the same bone headed reads though, and tries to hard to be something he’s not. This guy needs to get it thru his head that he’s not lev bell, and his work once he hits the 2nd level...I would expect more simply based on athletic measurables. He’s like a rich mans Mckinnon right now...not a compliment, but not a burn either, it’s just what he is.

**I still am very high on Collins and like him more than Mixon personally, but I don’t put either in the same tier as Fournette, Hunt, MG (they’re both one tier below - with the likes of Howard and Devonta - but it depends how big your tiers are I suppose).
Im totally fine with this debate since I own both. I can see Mixon being in the Fournette tier in the future and Collins being in the Howard tier, I think Mixon is the more talented player, and im totally fine with both since RBs are impossible to find in my league. They are hoarded and trying to trade for one is very hard. Collins is very intriguing, looked good a few nights ago, especially catching the ball. So we will see on this one too.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:26 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:21 am
smbkrypt24 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 am

I understand its all debate and that's fine, but starting your debate out by saying my thinking is "lazy" or "dumb" is just not really the way to start out any kind of civil debate. Anyway we can agree to disagree on this one. Will now have to wait a few weeks to see how mixon looks and a few years to see who comes out on the right end of this one.
My apologies I could have used better words to describe that instead of dumb and lazy. I agree lets see what he actually produces and see how good he is.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:55 am

I suppose it all depend on whether we are comparing Collins to Mixon in

PPR
PPC
Std
On yards rushed
Total Yardage
Total Points so far

So here goes!

----------------------------------------------------------

Std/PPR Rushing totals
Mixon - 179 Yards rushing
Collins - 48 Yards rushing
Point to Mixon

Std/PPR Yardage Points
Mixon - 17.9 points for rushing yardage*
Collins - 4.8 points for rushing yardage*
Point to Mixon

Std/PPR Receiving Totals
Collins - 61 yards receiving
Mixon - 57 yards receiving
Point to Collins

PPR Receptions
Mixon - 6 receptions
Collins - 4 receptions
Point to Mixon

Std Receiving Points
Collins - 6.1 points
Mixon - 5.7 points
Point to Collins

PPR Receiving Points
Mixon - 6 points
Collins - 4 points
Point to Mixon

PPR Receiving Points Yrds + Receptions
Mixon - 11.7 points
Collins - 10.1 points
Point to Mixon

PPC totals
Mixon - 38 attempts
Collins - 16 attempts
Point to Mixon

PPC Pointage**
Mixon - 3.8 points
Collins - 1.6 points
Point to Mixon

Y/C
Mixon - 4.7
Collins - 3.0
Point to Mixon

Points per week Std Week I
Mixon - 20.9
Collins - 7.9
Point to Mixon

Points per week Std Week II
Collins - 9.0
Mixon - 8.7
Point to Collins

Points per week PPR Week I
Mixon - 25.9
Collins - 8.9
Point to Mixon

Points per week PPR Week II
Collins - 12.0
Mixon - 11.7
Point to Collins

Points per week PPC Week I
Mixon - 22.6
Collins - 8.6
Point to Mixon

Points per week PPC Week II
Mixon - 10.8
Collins - 9.9
Point to Mixon

Points per week PPR + PPC Week I
Mixon - 27.6
Collins - 9.6
Point to Mixon

Points per week PPR + PPC Week II
Mixon - 13.8
Collins - 12.9
Point to Mixon

Total Points STD
Mixon - 29.6
Collins - 16.9
Point to Mixon

Total Points PPR
Mixon - 37.6
Collins - 20.9
Point to Mixon

Total Points PPC
Mixon - 33.4
Collins - 18.5
Point to Mixon

Total Points PPC + PPR
Mixon - 41.4
Collins - 22.5
Point to Mixon

Fumbles Lost
Collins - 1
Mixon - 0
Point to Mixon

Touchdowns scored
Mixon - 1
Collins - 0
Point to Mixon

* - using .1 point per yardage
** - using .1 point per carry
*** - points do not include deductions for fumbles or fumbles lost to opponent

-------

Final Score

Mixon - 20
Collins - 4
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 am

My issue with Mixon is we are 18 games into his career and his supposed sky high upside is still all based on projections of what he might do... not what he has done. Projection is certainly part of fantasy football but to put Mixon in the tier with guys that have or are producing fantasy stats is a little much for me at this point.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:34 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 am My issue with Mixon is we are 18 games into his career and his supposed sky high upside is still all based on projections of what he might do... not what he has done. Projection is certainly part of fantasy football but to put Mixon in the tier with guys that have or are producing fantasy stats is a little much for me at this point.
This is a good point, but I think many of us just see the talent and how good he looks, and he has looked real good at times so we value him there. I mean I personally would not sell him unless I was getting something crazy back. Whether that's a mistake or not we will see. I also hope you take this opinion on all RBs aka a guy like Dalvin Cook who had 3 good games, tore his ACL, and had an ok game to open the season, but many end up valuing him above a guy like D Freeman or others.