Empty trade offers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Empty trade offers

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:05 pm

This year I’m seeing a new trend of where I’m getting trade offers with a couple of my players listed with nothing from the other team with a message “I’m interested in these guys what are you looking for”. Not sure what the community thinks but I view these as an abuse of the trade system. I’m all for discussing a trade via league chat or trade bait but I view this as just another way for a team not to have to play their cards first. If you want these players from my team put down what you are going to give up. Am I just being a bitter old dynasty player?

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Empty trade offers

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:19 pm

He told you who he liked, why are you afraid to tell him who you like?
Most owners are very polarized on players. I'm willing to make the first offer but it's good to know which of my players they have zero interest in and which they would pay market rates for. This is why ESPN trade block >>> MFL trade block

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 pm

This is just sheer laziness and this has been around for a long time. I have never seen the trade offer thing before, but it is essentially the same as "I like this guy, what do you want for him?".
Many fantasy owners are too afraid to make trades. They need to just make an offer to start with.

You're going to win and lose trades - bottom line. Some of those trades you think you won will not go the way you thought just as some of the trades you think you lost will not go the way you thought.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:19 pm He told you who he liked, why are you afraid to tell him who you like?
Most owners are very polarized on players. I'm willing to make the first offer but it's good to know which of my players they have zero interest in and which they would pay market rates for. This is why ESPN trade block >>> MFL trade block
This. I have no problem responding with, "So, the guys I like on your team are X, Y, and Z and I'm always open to receiving picks as a part of a deal. Since you reached out I'll let you make the first offer."

I love trading and have no problem if I have to guide the other owner to a deal that makes my team better.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Laziness. Not new though. Prob doesn’t wanna come on too strong and you accept.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Joined a league this off season and that seems to be they way they communicate. usually return with players I'm interested in or "not moving player x", but agree, I tend to start with an offer if there is no way of starting a chat
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:19 pm He told you who he liked, why are you afraid to tell him who you like?
I've never played on ESPN. What's it like?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:57 pm

ESPN trade block page in summary:
Players on the block
Untouchable players
Positions available
Positions needed
Comment section
You can indicate Y or N for players on other teams to indicate interest
Page will show you which players teams are or are not interested in of yours

Basically covers it.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:50 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:24 pm
This. I have no problem responding with, "So, the guys I like on your team are X, Y, and Z and I'm always open to receiving picks as a part of a deal. Since you reached out I'll let you make the first offer."

I love trading and have no problem if I have to guide the other owner to a deal that makes my team better.
This ^^^^

Beautiful, totally a passive aggressive move to turn the tables back around. And get to be polite while doing so :clap:

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm I've never played on ESPN. What's it like?
as phaded said, it lists every team's roster and you can click yes or no on if you are interested. Then when you go to another teams trade block it will list who they are or are not interested in on your team

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:59 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm I've never played on ESPN. What's it like?
as phaded said, it lists every team's roster and you can click yes or no on if you are interested. Then when you go to another teams trade block it will list who they are or are not interested in on your team
Yep. That’s one thing that ESPN does right. Very solid trade block interface.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:59 pm
Don't worry half the time owners ignore it anyways - I have guys listed as untouchable that I get weak bleep offers for all the time. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks for the info, y'all!
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:16 pm

I use this tactic all the time. I do it because I like to discuss things with the other owner, particularly if I don't know them well.

I think building knowledge of and relationships with your leaguemates is what differentiates the fun leagues from the rote ones. Are you looking to contend or rebuild? What players on my team interest you? Are you more about age and value or production? Once you have a good idea what the other owner wants, you can send an offer with a better chance of getting accepted (rather than a lowball, or offering a player the other owner hates) and even better deal that is mutually beneficial.

I love the negotiation process, so naturally I lead in a manner that follows what I find fun. I don't do it to antagonize...to me it's the FF equivalent of saying to someone "I like your car. Any chance you're selling?" And since I'm a fairly active trader with (I'd like to think) a rep of making deals that help both sides (I'm not afraid of giving up value, believe me) I think broadly it works as an opener - IF you're willing to listen to what the other owner is saying.

The only time a trade offer annoys me is when I tell the other owner my team direction, and he keeps offering deals counter to that. Open the ears, and always keep in mind that the deal has to work for the other owner too.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:21 pm

The worst is when people send stuff like this over, I send them a trade offer, and then they let it just sit there with no response for 5 days until I have to withdraw it.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert