Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: Ajayi last night (week 1)?

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:41 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 am we shouuld put the knee issue to rest. we all know about it! adjust your opinion accordingly.

he has little mileage on the tires imo. he's been in the league 3 years and touched the ball roughly 500 times. any players knee could go out...it is what it is.
No we shouldn't. Not when most of our opinions are predicated on the fact that his future is lessened by the health of his knees. And having a nonchalant attitude about it isn't wise either. Yes it's football and everyone's health is at risk but we're talking about the RB position where the average career is drastically shorter than other positions.

Bottom line: Miami and now Philadelphia have both treated him with kid gloves in practice. He is a runner that needs a high volume of carries to wear down a defense. However, coaches will never rely upon a player who can't even make it through a week of full practice. Sell him now while his stock is high. You will regret it if you don't.
Last edited by TheRookiePro on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:59 am

he looked ok. ran hard. didn't break anything or have much opportunity to. betters news is clement looked really bad. sproles was blanketed pretty well. Falcons had a really good game plan and Foles did nothing to keep them from sitting on 5 yard routes all game.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:39 am he looked great. never lost a yard even when surrounded by d players, many times making 5 yards out of nothing except power and will.
Absolutely.

It was so freaking clear the moment he got his first carry, that he possesses skills no other Philly back has. He’s a monster.

He lacks polish & sometimes vision, and he’s average at best as a pass catcher, but when he’s on the field, he’s a poor man’s AP.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status ... 3259891717

It's pretty clear that he was brought along slowly because of the foot injury he's been dealing with. He had 12 carries in the second half alone. I don't blame someone for trying to sell high but he's in line to be a high end RB2 with weekly RB1 upside. Why are ya'll so eager to drop multiple firsts for Jordan Howard but want to sell Ajayi for a late 1st?

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:32 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm Why are ya'll so eager to drop multiple firsts for Jordan Howard but want to sell Ajayi for a late 1st?
Think we're beating a dead horse now. If you believe in him keep him. But I'm going to bring it up when it goes south on you. And oh yeah, speaking of which, you still haven't mentioned WR2 Willie Snead. Do you still own him CharlieKelly?
TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm Snead seems to be really underrated and seems possible he's on his way to WR2 status with Cooks out of the picture.
WR2!? That's a bit ambitious. Just because Cooks is gone, it doesn't mean Snead is going to take advantage of those missing targets. He has good hands and runs nice routes. But he's too slow and undersized, a good third receiving option for the Saints, an ok one for a fantasy team.

Brees had the second most passing attempts--673, the most in his career--last season, he had a great year for fantasy but the Saints went 7-9 for a third consecutive time. They are too one-dimensional behind a 38 year old QB. They added A.Peterson and Kamara for a reason. They want fresh legs behind Ingram in order to chew up the clock and lessen the time their defense--which gave up the third most points a game last season(28.3)--is on the field.

P.S. 5/7 of their victories were one score games.
:dance:
Last edited by TheRookiePro on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:32 pm

The bad:
-Sproles was a big part of the offense
-Sproles was practically a workhorse in the 1st half
-Ajayi's snap count was low
-Not even looked at in the passing game last night
-Needed a perfect 2nd half game script just to get 15 touches
-Seems like he could be in trouble if they're trailing in the 2nd half, and with his injuries seems like he could be rested if they have a big lead in the 2nd half too. Seems kind of dependent on a perfect game script currently.

The good:
-He looked better than Sproles/Clement
-Looked quicker and slimmer than in the past, but still powerful
-Clement was a non-factor at the goaline
-Pederson blamed his lack of usage in the 1st half on the foot injury
-Pederson alluded to Ajayi having a much larger role going forward

I guess we will see. If his role is similar to what it was last night I would be looking to sell high, as I was before the Pederson quote came out. The coach speak has me maybe wanting to hold, but talk is cheap and we've all been burned by it many times before.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:05 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:32 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm Why are ya'll so eager to drop multiple firsts for Jordan Howard but want to sell Ajayi for a late 1st?
Think we're beating a dead horse now. If you believe in him keep him. But I'm going to bring it up when it goes south on you. And oh yeah, speaking of which, you still haven't mentioned WR2 Willie Snead. Do you still own him CharlieKelly?
TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm Snead seems to be really underrated and seems possible he's on his way to WR2 status with Cooks out of the picture.
WR2!? That's a bit ambitious. Just because Cooks is gone, it doesn't mean Snead is going to take advantage of those missing targets. He has good hands and runs nice routes. But he's too slow and undersized, a good third receiving option for the Saints, an ok one for a fantasy team.

Brees had the second most passing attempts--673, the most in his career--last season, he had a great year for fantasy but the Saints went 7-9 for a third consecutive time. They are too one-dimensional behind a 38 year old QB. They added A.Peterson and Kamara for a reason. They want fresh legs behind Ingram in order to chew up the clock and lessen the time their defense--which gave up the third most points a game last season(28.3)--is on the field.

P.S. 5/7 of their victories were one score games.
:dance:
This is not relevant at all to my Ajayi stance and also a super weird thing to keep track of after an entire year +.

Citing old, incorrect takes as a way to try and bolster your side is a lazy attack on someone's credibility. How about you link my post to Tyreek last year when I was calling for him to be a WR1? What's that? Because it's also completely irrelevant?

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:10 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:05 pm This is not relevant at all to my Ajayi stance and also a super weird thing to keep track of after an entire year +.

Citing old, incorrect takes as a way to try and bolster your side is a lazy attack on someone's credibility. How about you link my post to Tyreek last year when I was calling for him to be a WR1? What's that? Because it's also completely irrelevant?
No, it's not about bolstering my side it's about devaluing your credibility lol. Don't get so mad bro. It's only a joke. But in all seriousness there needs to be more of it on this site in my opinion. Thousands of dollars are on the line in these leagues and I see a lot of stupid opinions being defended on here with a tremendous fervor. Hell, if it were up to me there would be a rating system per user. I feel bad for the owners who make decisions on players when forums are dominated by stupid hot air coming out of the mouth's of users who are batting well under the Mendoza line. Last week I called out a user for properly assessing McKinnon being a liability weeks before his knee injury.

P.S. Atleast we both agreed on Tyreek last summer.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:39 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:10 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:05 pm This is not relevant at all to my Ajayi stance and also a super weird thing to keep track of after an entire year +.

No, it's not about bolstering my side it's about devaluing your credibility lol. Don't get so mad bro. It's only a joke. But in all seriousness there needs to be more of it on this site in my opinion. Thousands of dollars are on the line in these leagues and I see a lot of stupid opinions being defended on here with a tremendous fervor. Hell, if it were up to me there would be a rating system per user. I feel bad for the owners who make decisions on players when forums are dominated by stupid hot air coming out of the mouth's of users who are batting well under the Mendoza line. Last week I called out a user for properly assessing McKinnon being a liability weeks before his knee injury.

Everyone shut up now, TheRookiePro will be determining which opinions can be heard on this forum from here on out. The rest of us have a thing or two to learn from the guy who is convinced that Tevin Coleman will outproduce Leveon Bell on their next respective contracts (or whatever he means by Coleman being a better FA, since he failed to adequately explain what that means).
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:46 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:39 pm Everyone shut up now, TheRookiePro will be determining which opinions can be heard on this forum from here on out. The rest of us have a thing or two to learn from the guy who is convinced that Tevin Coleman will outproduce Leveon Bell on their next respective contracts (or whatever he means by Coleman being a better FA, since he failed to adequately explain what that means).
Haha. That's right. However, "the guy who is convinced that Tevin Coleman will outproduce Leveon Bell on their next respective contracts ". That is not right. Once again you continue to put words in my mouth. Are you on the spectrum? I don't want to insult you if you're learning disabled. You can privately message me if you'd like and I'll explain my argument once again.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Oh boy.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:46 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Lol. You're a nut job bro

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:32 pm Oh boy.
Meh, I’ll stick to football, because this is fun for me. All the warning signs were there and I ignored them so I’ll shoulder the consequences.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:05 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 pm
Meh, I’ll stick to football, because this is fun for me. All the warning signs were there and I ignored them so I’ll shoulder the consequences.
I sincerely can’t tell if you’re referring to the back & forth with RookiePro, or if you’re defending a recent acquisition of Ajayi :lol:
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:11 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:05 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 pm
I sincerely can’t tell if you’re referring to the back & forth with RookiePro, or if you’re defending a recent acquisition of Ajayi :lol:
Lol, owning Ajayi is much less frightening than dealing with that guy.