Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: Ajayi last night (week 1)?

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:50 am

SELL. You have an extra half-week to find a buyer. His knee injuries will never go away. They'll only increase over time.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:50 am SELL. You have an extra half-week to find a buyer. His knee injuries will never go away. They'll only increase over time.
I tend to agree with selling him.

He still hits the hole hard north/south very well but I doubt he gets more than 50-54% of the touches at RB. Looks to be a complete non factor in the passing game.

That offense overall was not good. Looked very predictable. The Eagles Defense carried them stopping the Falcons twice on goal to goal situations. While he worked out last 6.2 points without the TD's is not good. He will have many games I suspect with zero TD's.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am

Ice wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:50 am SELL. You have an extra half-week to find a buyer. His knee injuries will never go away. They'll only increase over time.

He still hits the hole hard north/south very well but I doubt he gets more than 50-54% of the touches at RB. Looks to be a complete non factor in the passing game.

That offense overall was not good. Looked very predictable. The Eagles Defense carried them stopping the Falcons twice on goal to goal situations. While he worked out last 6.2 points without the TD's is not good. He will have many games I suspect with zero TD's.
People have been calling to sell him because of the knee stuff since he was drafted. Reality is that it probably wont heavily affect him until he's retired.

Also neither offense looked good because the whole field was wet and passes were getting dropped left and right. Oh and the Eagles were missing two of their most important skill position players (Wentz and Alshon).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am

People have been calling to sell him because of the knee stuff since he was drafted. Reality is that it probably wont heavily affect him until he's retired.

Also neither offense looked good because the whole field was wet and passes were getting dropped left and right.
I don't agree. They were saying it would affect his longevity, and some teams were afraid he wouldn't even get out of his first contract before it started to affect him. It was degenerative, and it should only get worse. It's already starting to affect him, I would say that the concerns at the draft were warranted, as his recent history has shown the predictions about his knee are heading in the direction of being accurate.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:45 am

Really peculiar the distribution of snaps for these PHI RBs. Not sure why it took Pederson until after halftime to get Ajayi in the game.

In my Superflex league the emotions went from, "Hmmm, I guess I'm glad I didn't start him." to "Welp, starting the year off on a bad GM move.".

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:53 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am Reality is that it probably wont heavily affect him until he's retired.
No it's already effected his career as far as limitations in practice. CharlieKelly, take my advice and sell him. Remember when I tried telling you last summer that you were drunk off the Willie Snead WR2 cool-aid? Listen to me this time.

I was the biggest Ajayi fan back in 2015 when I drafted him 12th overall. I sold him last year when he reached a high point in his first two weeks in Philly. I received a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick. I'm a happier man because of it. :D
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 am

Also neither offense looked good because the whole field was wet and passes were getting dropped left and right.
I don't agree. They were saying it would affect his longevity, and some teams were afraid he wouldn't even get out of his first contract before it started to affect him. It was degenerative, and it should only get worse. It's already starting to affect him, I would say that the concerns at the draft were warranted, as his recent history has shown the predictions about his knee are heading in the direction of being accurate.
What recent history has shown any of that? Did you watch him play last night? He looked great. If anything he's slimmed down and looked even better than last season.

RBs don't have a terribly long shelf life anyways. How many RB2s are you expecting to be relevant 2-3 years from now? You expect Devonta Freeman to play into his 30s? Or for Jordan Howard to keep up production with his style of play for another 5 years?

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 am

we shouuld put the knee issue to rest. we all know about it! adjust your opinion accordingly.

he has little mileage on the tires imo. he's been in the league 3 years and touched the ball roughly 500 times. any players knee could go out...it is what it is.

when given a load, he's handled it. the question then becomes how much work the eagles plan to give him.... just an opinion, but i think its going to be hard to keep a guy with ajayi's skill set off the field. i anticipate seeing a much different offensive approach with wentz rather than foles.

last nite, there were plenty of runs in which he was making his way forward....with wentz, i expect more holes towards the boundaries.

in terms of buy vs sell.....as always, its price relative. im not one to make many moves until a few weeks in, but this certainly creates a selling point for those who wish to move him.

im an ajayi guy, own or have owned in several leagues. he's just now entering his prime, so certainly worth asking about. but i wouldnt get carried away (just yet) after 15 touches. id anticipate several responses to sell...the guy was ranked as a top 25 asset, any glimpse of that would provoke any owner to sell. the reality is....most owners are eager to see what the next couple weeks bring.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:51 am

Also neither offense looked good because the whole field was wet and passes were getting dropped left and right. Oh and the Eagles were missing two of their most important skill position players (Wentz and Alshon).
My comments have more to do with touches, not his knee. I do not see him as a high volume type player. While effective in bursts, he is a complete non factor in the passing game. He will be lucky to get 25 receptions. (Don't think he has ever had 30 receptions in a season so I don't own him)

My take is this looks like a 3 back system offense which, if true, will mean inconsistency over a 16 game fantasy season
. That said, he is a quality runner of the football between the tackles. With that line he should still hit 4+ YPC on average.

So many owners live in the moment, he could fetch an overpay today for his services.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:57 am

I think they were trying to rest Ajayi as much as they could. Then at halftime they realized that Foles wasn't going to get it done, and had to use Ajayi more than they wanted.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 am

grooner wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:57 am I think they were trying to rest Ajayi as much as they could. Then at halftime they realized that Foles wasn't going to get it done, and had to use Ajayi more than they wanted.
Pretty much. Actually thought both clement and sproles looked like sh1t. Sproles dropped a few catchable balls and Clement looked awful outside of his one 20 yard run through the biggest hole of the night. If Ajayi is getting the goal-line work and 15-20 touches per week I'm pretty happy with that. Should be worth RB10-15 at that pace.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:44 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:39 am

when wentz comes back this guy is gonna explode. there will be plenty more room for him to run.
Think Alshon returning will have a bigger impact. Foles last game was winning SB throwing a ton.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:50 am

Total sell high, if you can find a buyer.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:06 am

The Blount role...after week 1.

I remember when the EXACT same thing was said of Gillislee after his 3TD opener. He had “secured the Blount role.”

Addition: didn’t he end up on a milk carton?

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:12 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:47 am I expect them to continue to use him sparingly due to health reasons.
He will be reliant on TDs and inevitably frustrate his fantasy owners.
x2 PHI showed last night that the predictions about them using a RBBC are 100% accurate. I'd project Ajayi to be a TD-dependent boom-or-bust RB3/flex every week. I'd sell high ASAP if you can find an owner that believes Ajayi will finish the season as a fantasy RB1.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd