Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Talk about Jay Ajayi

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:17 am

Yea, don't think the team wants to place it's future in the hands of last pick of the 4th rd RB. Thinking more along the lines of moving up in the early-mid 2nd if Guice is on the board and the cost to do so isn't overly steep.
I believe this year is the last before the team has to place a tag on Ajayi (pay bigger $$$) so having his replacement in house for a relatively cheaper price tag would be a possibility.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Talk about Jay Ajayi

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:24 am

High end RB2 but clement is a real threat for up to 15 touches. And they're gonna throw it a lot.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ajayi camp rumors?

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 am

Anyone know an update on Ajayi? People are still incredibly split with him on the Eagles. Is he gonna get the work? Or is it gonna be a death committee? Goal line work at all? Anyone know of beat writers talking about what splits with 1st team, or situational drills?

Everything I try to find is people talking about last year to try and put together their guess for this year, either hating him or thinking he's a steal at his re-draft adp
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Ajayi camp rumors?

Postby knut45 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:06 am

Left training early yesterday or the day before but a reason has not yet been given if that helps at all

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 am

I heard on the CBS Fantasy podcast that they expect it will be 60% Ajayi. They gave reasons but I tuned out by then because I don't own any shares.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am

The drum beat out of camp few seem to be acknowledging is that Ajayi could be a legitimate workhorse this season. Pedersen (I believe it was him) even praised his pass-catching a week ago. Ajayi was declared the clear leadback back by the coaching staff in OTAs, and they rested him after he had the first series all to himself in the first preseason game, typical of how teams treat their anointed starters.

People talk about a platoon, but the platoon thing was Frank Reich's shtick. And he's gone. Pedersen as OC of the Chiefs had no problem giving first Charles, then Charcandrick West, then Spencer Ware 20+ touches a week. West only weighed 205lbs during his interval of stardom in 2015, and it still didn't worry Pedersen enough to committee him.

Since Ajayi's a free-agent next year, it makes sense for Philly to get as much use out of him as they can this year.

HOWEVER.

I have recently sold my shares of Ajayi.

Why?

Because I finally spotted him wearing a very small knee brace. On his right knee.

I have long questioned the unsubstantiated nature of the rumors about Ajayi's knee, but I've always resolved to change my tune if new data supports it. One of the red flags I've been waiting for is to see him wearing something on that knee.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:30 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am The drum beat out of camp few seem to be acknowledging is that Ajayi could be a legitimate workhorse this season. Pedersen (I believe it was him) even praised his pass-catching a week ago. Ajayi was declared the clear leadback back by the coaching staff in OTAs, and they rested him after he had the first series all to himself in the first preseason game, typical of how teams treat their anointed starters.

People talk about a platoon, but the platoon thing was Frank Reich's shtick. And he's gone. Pedersen as OC of the Chiefs had no problem giving first Charles, then Charcandrick West, then Spencer Ware 20+ touches a week. West only weighed 205lbs during his interval of stardom in 2015, and it still didn't worry Pedersen enough to committee him.

Since Ajayi's a free-agent next year, it makes sense for Philly to get as much use out of him as they can this year.

HOWEVER.

I have recently sold my shares of Ajayi.

Why?

Because I finally spotted him wearing a very small knee brace. On his right knee.

I have long questioned the unsubstantiated nature of the rumors about Ajayi's knee, but I've always resolved to change my tune if new data supports it. One of the red flags I've been waiting for is to see him wearing something on that knee.
Neither team really played their starters in that game. Pittsburgh started Landry Jones. Philly ran out Aiken, Ward & Hollins as the "starting" receivers. Goeddert got the "start" at TE. Further, Corey Clement was mixed in with Ajayi on the second drive.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:36 am

What is disappointing, is that the is not going to get the RZ carries .. You can live with the committee stuff as long as the back you have has a chance at the TD's ..
@PlankMelody

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ajayi last night (week 1)?

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:36 am

He did great fantasy wise with his 2TDs and a 2pt conversion. Happy to see he has the Blount role all locked up along with other rushing work as we predicted. Anyone watch the game more attentively than I to see how he actually looked? It started so slow, I lost interest until the last drive when the Falcons couldn't make it happen in the red zone and was mostly doing laptop work with TV on in the background.

15 carries for 62 yards. I don't remember seeing him break any loose other than the 10 yard 2nd TD which as a nice run finding the holes and making an LB miss. Was he just banging away 3-5 yards per touch to get that 4.1 ypc? Not the worst thing in the world there. Hopefully he can add ~3 receptions a game so that the eagles RB in the backfield isn't a complete tell on if they're gonna run or pass.
Last edited by hockeyBjj on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Ajayi last night (week 1)?

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:39 am

he looked great. never lost a yard even when surrounded by d players, many times making 5 yards out of nothing except power and will.

when wentz comes back this guy is gonna explode. there will be plenty more room for him to run.

mclilj
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mclilj » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:42 am

He looked really solid. Only downside was they were feeding sproles in the 1st half and ajayi had like 11 yds at halftime. I expect thats just a tip of the cap to the vet coming back from injury and i expect ajayi to lead the backfield. He easily looked like their best back. Although i gotta admit old man sproles still looked pretty spry on punt return.
Team 1:
2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3RWT 0PPR 8Teams
QBs: Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky
RBs: Gurley, Cook, Lindsay, Henry, Lewis, Hyde, Murray
WRs: Hill, Cooper, ARobinson, Sutton, Fitzgerald, TSmith(NO), Parker, Cain
TEs: Kelce, Burton, Engram
Def: Rams
K:
2019 Picks 3, 4
2020 Picks: 3, 3, 4

Team 2:
2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2WRT 1PPR 8TEAMS
QBs: Mahomes, Wentz, Lock, Carr, Mariota
WRs: MThomas, DAdams, ACooper, OBJ, Kupp, RAnderson, Renfro, Shepherd, Agholor, JMeyers
RBs: Mixon, Henry, Drake, JK Dobbins, Akers, Howard, McKinnon, Hyde, Pollard, DThompson
TEs: Waller, Engram, Graham, Eifert
K: Zeurlein
2020 Picks: 1.06 (JK Dobbins) acquired 1.09 OTC (Akers) 14 overall, 17 overall
2021 Picks: 2nd, 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:47 am

I expect them to continue to use him sparingly due to health reasons.
He will be reliant on TDs and inevitably frustrate his fantasy owners.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:00 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:47 am I expect them to continue to use him sparingly due to health reasons.
He will be reliant on TDs and inevitably frustrate his fantasy owners.
This was my thought also. With Clement/Sproles both being solid options, I don't envision a full work load for Ajayi all season. I'd say he ends the season in the mid RB2 range but owners will have expected a lot more after this week 1 performance and will be frustrated.

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:12 am

He looked great and was the clear red zone and goal line back, which I think is more important than him getting 20+ touches per game instead of just 15-20.

If he can get 10+ TDs and solidify himself as a 15+ touch player in a high powered offense then he'll be a high end RB2. That's plenty for me.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:16 am

He looked good running the ball. Clement also looked solid, but Ajayi getting the work inside the RZ bodes well for his season.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...