Week 1 Discussion: FOOTBALL BACK

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 1 Discussion: FOOTBALL BACK

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:20 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:18 pm @FantasyFreak Yup, should have taken care of it after the Eagles loss back in January. Even if everything checks out ok in the morning, he's going to be playing in pain all year. This is part of the reason why I was so bullish on Coleman this offseason prior to him hitting FA.
Yeah, I've got Tevin in 4 out of 5 leagues, and was trying to get him in the other, that might be too pricey after this news, though.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:20 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:18 pm @FantasyFreak Yup, should have taken care of it after the Eagles loss back in January. Even if everything checks out ok in the morning, he's going to be playing in pain all year. This is part of the reason why I was so bullish on Coleman this offseason prior to him hitting FA.
Yeah, I've got Tevin in 4 out of 5 leagues, and was trying to get him in the other, that might be too pricey after this news, though.
I am ticked because I have been trying so aggressively to get Coleman from a team that might have close to 0% chance on winning this season. The bonehead thinks he has a chance and wont let him go.

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:33 pm

"Ito Smith"
As seen in the sig below.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:31 am

When I owned Julio I hated nothing more than Matt Ryan.. dude is suuuuper over rated. Propped up by two hall of fame WRs, blew up because Kyle Shanahan is one of the best offensive minds in the NFL right now.

Matt Ryan is barely mediocre and should apologize to Julio for capping his career.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:02 am

motherlode wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:04 pm Nick Foles

Not to toot my own horn, but the gift of prophesy is said to run in my family.....

My next prediction:

Carson Wentz' knee went from "problematic" at kickoff to "never been healthier" around the middle of the third quarter.

Ive never been more glad to have fallen asleep on the couch during the first quarter of a football game. Pumpkinfest 2018.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:52 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:34 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:30 pm Matt Ryan is freaking atrocious.
Wow.

I am worried about Julio this year - but not because of Julio, because of Matt Ryan. If he keeps getting these targets he will be fine, but he will not get those targets consistently as history has shown.
Can't really expect him to get anywhere near the amount of targets he got tonight. He'll still produce at an elite level though.

They look awful in the redzone. The playcalling continues to be bad.
I hope you're right - but as a Julio owner for the last 7 years, this is what happens. They will give him double digit targets and then do weird things like 7 targets in a game; along with continuing to leave him off the field on the red zone.

Also - his touchdown upside could potentially still be limited unless they fix this atrocious red zone play calling.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:41 am

This game was pretty difficult to watch:

- Penalties forever
- Foles can only throw 6 yard balls to Agholor
- Ertz is the NFL leader in drops with 10
- Matt Ryan the noodle arm
- Noodle arm force feeding Julio and no one else

Falcons had 4RZ trips and 1TD?

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:44 am

Servo wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:41 am This game was pretty difficult to watch:

- Penalties forever
The amount of penalties was shocking. Made it pretty unwatchable.

To think, none of the endless stream of penalties were for leading with the helmet... which made the game unwatchable in the preseason.

Now it's unwatchable because of... every other rule? I have a hard time accepting two playoff teams were that sloppy and violated that many rules last night.

What happens when the bad teams hit the field? Might as well pain the field yellow.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:49 pm Does anyone know if Freeman's knee injury was the same one he's been rehabbing all year? I steered clear of him because of this.
Roto is saying it's his same right knee that was injured last year:
"Devonta Freeman rushed six times for 36 yards in the Falcons' Week 1 loss to the Eagles before departing with a right knee injury."

And here is an ESPN article about his right knee recovery in the offseason:
Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman , who sustained ligament damage in his right knee at the end of last season but did not have surgery, said he is making progress toward regaining full strength as the team continues offseason workouts.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2338 ... better-day
Exactly why I stayed away. I remember when Bell had that ligament damage in the playoffs, rehabbed all year then tore it the next year. Similar thing with Guice, I believe. That's too bad for Freeman. Wonder if it will keep him in and out all year, or if there is a tear of any sort?

Whoever the Rotoworld writer is needs to gets his you know what together, he's blaming OC Kyle Shanahan for "inexplicably" going away from Freeman. :wtf: It's not really that inexplicable, what with Reggie White terrorizing that Falcons OL.
Bell tore a ligament because Burfict bent his leg in half by targeting him below the waist. It wasn't a degenerative thing.

**Jamming his knee into Bell's side and pulling his leg over it.

https://youtu.be/u0oWwBWUuXs
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 am

The price for Ito Smith is going up boyz

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am

For what it's worth freeman said that he is fine. As Freeman owner I'll be glad if and when Coleman leaves!

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 am

Raymond1974 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am For what it's worth freeman said that he is fine. As Freeman owner I'll be glad if and when Coleman leaves!
Why?
Do you really think the good ol' days are coming back? Just from a guy who owns neither, I don't see that happening. Shannahan is gone and Devonta will probably just be sharing carries with the next guy, Ito Smith or another newcomer.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:53 am

Keanu Neal torn ACL......Ouch
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:30 am

Football is getting harder and harder to enjoy for myself as a viewer. Every time a guy gets tackled now you are waiting to see if a flag will come in (Grady Jarrett hit was ridiculous). If hits like this get flagged, cheering for your teams defense is an experience you can't enjoy, because even when a good play is made, you can't really enjoy it, as you are simultaneously thinking (are they going to flag him).
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Can't wait to see Josh Gordon head onto the field after the first series and kill it. Hue can flap his gums all he wants, but Haley is calling the plays, is playing the team that fired him, and will likely be playing from behind. This all spells a good game script for Flash.

The only way Flash doesn't blow up is if Pitt can't stop the run, and Hyde gashes them - allowing the Browns to play with the lead and lean on the run.

Side note: It's going to be fun to watch the Browns, Bears, and Titans transitions to functional franchises...or at least their attempt to anyways