Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Stats don't matter if the guy doesn't care. Corey Coleman doesn't care and doesn't work hard. I don't need any other evidence to make an informative decision.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:55 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm Stats don't matter if the guy doesn't care. Corey Coleman doesn't care and doesn't work hard. I don't need any other evidence to make an informative decision.
If this is true I’m off defending the guy...but WHERE are you getting this? Can you give me a link to something I should be aware of?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:55 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm Stats don't matter if the guy doesn't care. Corey Coleman doesn't care and doesn't work hard. I don't need any other evidence to make an informative decision.
If this is true I’m off defending the guy...but WHERE are you getting this? Can you give me a link to something I should be aware of?
I've been reading this stuff all over the place all last year and earlier this year, but during last year Coleman was partying all week up until the night before games and then immediately after games. Dude just didn't care. He was caught out partying with Josh Gordon all the time. Some speculated that Coco was the reason Gordon left Cleveland. The Browns got rid of Coco, so I wonder if Gordon will return any day now.

Again, I read stuff like this all last year over and over again, and I saw a lot of the pictures on twitter. Browns fans would be taking selfies with him all night long, every night of the week. He partied hard and just didn't give a bleep about football.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Coleman's near complete lack of NFL routes was a large knock on him coming out of college, and many scouters had concerns about whether he'd be able to integrate into more complex and full NFL route trees.

As far as concern about his work ethic, this article mentioned such issues back in June: https://www.brownszone.com/2018/06/15/m ... s-obvious/
The noteworthy line out of the whole thing is: "Corey Coleman has been a disappointment through two seasons and doubts remain about his work ethic and football intelligence.." Despite all this, I'm rooting for the guy to turn it around. I also look back on his career so far in slightly better light than most here (and apparently the Browns). I remember watching his second game as a rookie and thinking the Browns had actually found their stud WR... he went 5/104/2

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Man it'll be a shame if CoCo doesn't work out. He was electric with the ball in his hands. The red flags were that he was a body catcher and didn't have to run routes in college, or block. Hand size, sure ideally you want larger hands but AB has 9" hands at best so it's not like it can't be done. Other WR's have had "smaller" hands and done fine, too many to list really.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:34 am

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:04 pm
I've been reading this stuff all over the place all last year and earlier this year, but during last year Coleman was partying all week up until the night before games and then immediately after games. Dude just didn't care. He was caught out partying with Josh Gordon all the time. Some speculated that Coco was the reason Gordon left Cleveland. The Browns got rid of Coco, so I wonder if Gordon will return any day now.

Again, I read stuff like this all last year over and over again, and I saw a lot of the pictures on twitter. Browns fans would be taking selfies with him all night long, every night of the week. He partied hard and just didn't give a bleep about football.
I guess I don’t follow all the twitter stuff so I missed all that. I didn’t see a single partying selfie, but if that is what was happening, then I get shipping him out/dumping the contract.
He certainly doesn’t lack for potential, in my opinion anyways.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:20 am

He should ask Marshawn about all the hot Applebees party spots.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 am

Coleman and Gordon both products of Baylor 🤔- more than just coincidence with what has transpired there the last couple of years ?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:29 am

Smoking Guns wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 am Coleman and Gordon both products of Baylor 🤔- more than just coincidence with what has transpired there the last couple of years ?
Also both Browns...

I don’t think it’s just a lack of talent that has led to their horrible seasons. It’s a lack of real leadership or figurehead to respect.

In searching for the Corey Coleman late night escapades (since I missed it all), I’ve been mostly unsuccessful in finding what MeUrAh speaks of (constant partying before and after games). I came up with his trial and one broken curfew with Kenny Britt when they were both out injured and not set to play. The very next Saturday after these injured WRs were fined for being out late, the team QB was out partying into the early hours.
What does that say about the team environment/leadership?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 am

https://www.diehards.com/notre-dame/des ... ldnt-proud

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20171 ... ff-schudel

I found this article from about 10 months ago - it focuses on Kizer, but lists other players who had partied with him, including Coleman. I also found an article where Coleman had missed curfew last year too.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:45 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 am https://www.diehards.com/notre-dame/des ... ldnt-proud

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20171 ... ff-schudel

I found this article from about 10 months ago - it focuses on Kizer, but lists other players who had partied with him, including Coleman. I also found an article where Coleman had missed curfew last year too.
The first link isn't working for me.

The second link is one that I had found. Sounds like quite a few teammates were out partying together, not just an at the time injured Coleman...and Kizer was amongst them. Not sure why Coleman is the primary bad guy here, other than wanting to blame him for the lost season after his drop that "caused" 0-16...

I can't find any regularity to this behavior. Nothing supporting what you claim, MEuRaH. "Browns fans would be taking selfies with him all night long, every night of the week. He partied hard and just didn't give a bleep about football." I can't find anything beyond the missed curfew (which many players on the Browns did) to support this...and when it's many players, including the QB, that tells me it's primarily a leadership *cough HUE cough* problem. Every player is responsible for his own actions, but the team leaders are also responsible for offering guidance/discipline.

* I mean discipline in the true sense of the word (teaching), not in the "here's a suspension, go think about what you did while I criticize and blame my players for my record" type of discipline.

*MEuRaH, I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just saying I can't FIND evidence of it. Maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 am

Ice wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:47 pmSashi Brown may have been the worst GM ever.
I know Sashi is being completely thrown under the bus but he's not the one developing players, his job was to find players that could be successful at the NFL level with the right coaching. How many players come into the NFL and can be superstars overnight? It's such a big leap from college.

All of this blowing up in Cleveland's face has just as much to do with Hue Jackson either being a really $hitty head coach or actively trying not to develop players....which would still lead him to be a $hit head coach. Maybe that falls on Sashi for not canning Jackson when he had the chance?

The point I love seeing on Twitter is how the Browns failed again because they chose Coleman over Michael Thomas (just like the 4 other teams who did as well MIN/HOU/WAS/NYG)...and we've seen Thomas ascend to being one of the best WR in the game today while. It's a chicken vs. the egg argument, has Thomas been made better by having one of the most prolific and greatest QBs ever throwing him the ball versus does Brees really help Thomas beat press coverage/make plays, etc.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:34 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:36 pm It’s baffling to me...truly baffling, that Corey Coleman’s drop is “the reason” the Browns went 0-16. Even making that catch, there’s a good chance the Browns go on to lose that game anyways. It’s not like he dropped a touchdown, or even a pass that put them in game winning field goal range. He didn’t “cause” 0-16.

There is one man that is the main reason they went 0-16, and he’s still leading the team.
It's not the reason, it's the punctuation mark.

And what comes last, tends to linger in memory.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 am

Servo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 am
Ice wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:47 pmSashi Brown may have been the worst GM ever.
It's a chicken vs. the egg argument, has Thomas been made better by having one of the most prolific and greatest QBs ever throwing him the ball versus does Brees really help Thomas beat press coverage/make plays, etc.
Oh man if Corey Coleman started his career in a Drew Brees led offense...

GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:17 am

Coleman-
"A lot of things don't work out the way you want it to work out," he said. "I got much respect for my teammates, man. Those guys in the locker room over there in Cleveland are top-notch guys. I respect them. A great fan base in Cleveland, too, and I'm gonna leave it at that."

Sounds like he didn't think much of/get along with the coaches...