Do I need another RB?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ausmith26
Role Player
Role Player

Do I need another RB?

Postby ausmith26 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 pm

I recently made a trade to move Lamar Miller for a 2021 first that has a good chance of being the 1.01 (I know its super far out but this was the worst team in the league 3 years straight and has no draft picks for 3 years). I feel like that was good value because I don't think Miller is a starter next year... but it also left me with little RB depth for this year.

I will be running with Freeman, Drake, Michel, and Chubb which should be good for most of the season, but then week 11 hits and all but Freeman will be on a bye.

Should i even worry about this now? should i look to buy a low end RB to bolster my depth? Should i hope to find someone on the waiver wire mid season?
12 Team-1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1 PK 1 D/ST (30 man offseason rosters. Cut to 20 by week 1 / 0.5 PPR)

2023 2nd Place

QB: P. Mahomes, Tua
RB: Bij. Robinson, N. Chubb, D. Henry, A. Kamara, A. Gibson, C. Edwards-Helaire, L. Fournette
WR: J. Chase, C. Ridley, D. Hopkins, M. Evans, B. Cooks, Z. Jones, T. Atwell, C. Austin III
TE: M. Andrews, G. Kittle, C. Otton
PK: J. Tucker
D/ST: Streaming

Taxi:

2024 Picks: 1.01, 1.02, 1.10
2025 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2026 Picks: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Do I need another RB?

Postby topher » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:00 pm

I would not worry too much, lots of in season injuries can happen in 10 weeks giving you a chance to waiver wire a filler

I can clearly see why he’s been a bottom team for 3 years with trades like that.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 am

dude why is your commish letting an awful team with no picks for 3 years trade his pick 4 years out for a rb that is closer to the end than the beginning? your commish should limit trading picks to a year or 2 years out max
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:42 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 am dude why is your commish letting an awful team with no picks for 3 years trade his pick 4 years out for a rb that is closer to the end than the beginning? your commish should limit trading picks to a year or 2 years out max
No doubt. Unless he's paid up through 2021, which I highly doubt.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:44 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 am dude why is your commish letting an awful team with no picks for 3 years trade his pick 4 years out for a rb that is closer to the end than the beginning? your commish should limit trading picks to a year or 2 years out max
THIS!!!!!!!!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

ausmith26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ausmith26 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:49 pm

I've actually made that suggestion to the commissioner and I am hoping he doesn't roll out a new set of picks next year.

We have a pretty strict no veto rule and the commish says he doesn't want to be involved in controlling anyone else's team decisions (though this guy probably needs his help) so for now i just took the trade that was proposed to me.

But as for the topic of the thread, does anyone else have a suggestion on how to handle my current RBs? I feel like hoping i land someone on the waiver wire is risky... but also, I'm probably just overreacting to what will only be an issue for one week.
12 Team-1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1 PK 1 D/ST (30 man offseason rosters. Cut to 20 by week 1 / 0.5 PPR)

2023 2nd Place

QB: P. Mahomes, Tua
RB: Bij. Robinson, N. Chubb, D. Henry, A. Kamara, A. Gibson, C. Edwards-Helaire, L. Fournette
WR: J. Chase, C. Ridley, D. Hopkins, M. Evans, B. Cooks, Z. Jones, T. Atwell, C. Austin III
TE: M. Andrews, G. Kittle, C. Otton
PK: J. Tucker
D/ST: Streaming

Taxi:

2024 Picks: 1.01, 1.02, 1.10
2025 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2026 Picks: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:05 pm

1 - I dont think Lamar Miller is as close to the end as some might think. He does not really have much competition this year in Houston and that offense is pointing upwards so he could be a sneaky RB1.

2 - Considering the pick is 3 years out - who knows if (a) the owner will still be in the league, (b) you'll be in the league still or (c) the league itself will be - but you're better suited to answer that than us.

Basically the rule of thumb some owners go by is that every year into the future devalues a rookie pick by 1 round, so it is possible that the other owner considers that a 2021 1st has equal value as a 2018 4th. Obviously you would not move Miller for a 4th - but you did move him for something that may or not have much value to you in 3 years.

As to your actual question - and if what I see in your signature is correct and you have to cut to 20 that devalues future 1sts even more - because if your team is stacked come 2021 where will you find room to stash the extra 2021 1st (so I'd start thinking about consolidating if that occurs) - probably not - since the roster limit is 20 you should be able to grab a decent RB off waivers early in the season if need be. So just be vigilant and see if you can add this years version of CJA/Collins.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:27 pm

You don't necessarily need to add RB depth but looking at your team two names that immediately popped out at me that I'd recommend packaging to get a much higher Tier RB is Robinson+Drake could net you a really solid RB. I think Drake is a good sell candidate this offseason and I like Robinson but he has pretty solid trade value and see him as your WR4 on your team.