Jordan Howard or Sony Michel

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jordan Howard or Sony Michel

Postby Titans95 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:21 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:13 pm I know it don't mean much but Bears coach Matt Nagy is confident Jordan Howard can be an every-down player , I don't really see him taking 3rd downs from Cohen but he should catch the normal amount of passes 30-40..

I do love Howard though and think he has a real good year that offence was a mess last year I watched most of Howards carries and he faced 12 in the box every down lol , But really I think he has a lot more room to run this year with ARob , Burton , Gabriel , White and Mitch should be better , tbh I could see Chi start moving the way LARs did with Goff sucking his first year then becoming a very good QB.

So give me the young 2 down back that showed he can be a top 10 RB with the sprinkles of catches in there over the unknown rookie on NE that uses more than 3 RBs all the time.
I saw that same post by Nagy and my first thought was less than a month ago he made a comment that Howard's usage will be game specific....that doesn't sound like a 3 down back to me....If the bears are winning heck yeah he'll get 20+ carries a game but if they are trailing Cohen could easily be in the game more than him. I know Howard has the much safer floor but when I see a guy like Sony that could easily get 200 carries +goal line work and 50ish receptions on the best offense in the NFL that excited me more than 250 carries on a meh offense that could get phased on out games do to negative game scripts

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Burkehead is a much bigger threat to Michele production that Cohen is to Howard.

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Titans95 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:14 pm
thebeast wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:08 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:32 pm

X2
You should probably just keep Howard period. I’m not gambling with a player whose first two season were an RB1
My concern is he was the RB14 last year in ppr formats. With Cohen taking even more snaps Howard's yardage and TD's are going to havent to drastically improve to get back into the RB1 range

Cohen will take pass down/3rd down snaps... Howard will get bulk of early down work as well as GL carries. This offense will be much improved in the next 1-2 years which will mean more GL/scoring opportunities for Howard as well as more kill the clock type of situations. Im actually trying to buy Howard in leagues where the owner is panicking for no reason.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:25 pm

thebeast wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:28 pm Burkehead is a much bigger threat to Michele production that Cohen is to Howard.
Truth
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:43 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:13 pm I know it don't mean much but Bears coach Matt Nagy is confident Jordan Howard can be an every-down player , I don't really see him taking 3rd downs from Cohen but he should catch the normal amount of passes 30-40..

I do love Howard though and think he has a real good year that offence was a mess last year I watched most of Howards carries and he faced 12 in the box every down lol , But really I think he has a lot more room to run this year with ARob , Burton , Gabriel , White and Mitch should be better , tbh I could see Chi start moving the way LARs did with Goff sucking his first year then becoming a very good QB.

So give me the young 2 down back that showed he can be a top 10 RB with the sprinkles of catches in there over the unknown rookie on NE that uses more than 3 RBs all the time.
this is very accurate.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:25 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am What do you all think the + should be in future picks? I'm hesitant that I'll get a + because the Sony owner drafted him 1.03 overall so clearly he values him high and since I'm the one approaching him.
Howard = Michel + late 1st / early 2nd
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Igwebuike 4 Prez
Starter
Starter

Postby Igwebuike 4 Prez » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:08 am

Howard > by late 1st to early 2nd.

Michel is only about 3 months younger and headed for a certain timeshare. Give me the guy whose role is more defined with NFL production behind it.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:30 am

The two are pretty close for me. If I'm competing and already own Howard, I'd probably just keep him.