Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Why is Chubb falling?

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 pm

I feel like Chubb is getting more threads than anyone in the last couple months.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Not so many are "Chubb-y Chasing" ... They figure they can settle for that at a later time, just before closing time after all of "her" sexy, hot friends like Penny & Michel have hooked up with dudes.

Be glad you got "stuck" with less sexy pickup. Odds are your long term relationship will be better. Although I prefer "Guice" myself.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Fell to 1.12 in 16 Team IDP draft I’m currently in
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 pm

predraft i had him 2 or 3. post draft, i wont touch until 8 (which is a bargain in my book). i dont trust the browns and that destination has to scare people. its strictly a guess....but i do see him falling in most drafts, although i think he's been gone by 7 in all (nearly all) of my drafts.

something seems fishy here for me aswell. but i cant bring myself to take the plunge with others on the board. his fall has actually led me to trading up to the 6-8 range in a lot of leagues in hopes that he makes it to me in my late drafts. in the long run, i may end up settling for the "rb that slips"....but if chubb doesnt make it...there are quality players there aswell.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Maybe because this analytics darling is now capping his upside for the next four years, and after the extension became official it took a few weeks for its impact to fully register with regard to ADP. That's my guess.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 pm Maybe because this analytics darling is now capping his upside for the next four years, and after the extension became official it took a few weeks for its impact to fully register with regard to ADP. That's my guess.
It's a 3 year extension with only half the money guaranteed, so how does that equate to four years??? Wouldn't they be able to cut him sooner if possible? Genuinely curious, as I can't find the details right now.

I'm really high on Chubb, but I never expected him to be a 3 down back regularly. Same with Guice. Only a handful of those guys around in the NFL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

i cannot believe you guys brought up dj. he is irrelevant.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Only one of the most effective per touch running-backs in football at every aspect of the position. Oh yeah, irrelevant.
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 pm Maybe because this analytics darling is now capping his upside for the next four years, and after the extension became official it took a few weeks for its impact to fully register with regard to ADP. That's my guess.
It's a 3 year extension with only half the money guaranteed, so how does that equate to four years??? Wouldn't they be able to cut him sooner if possible?
The extension begins after this season, so it's four years including '18.

Spotrac.com still doesn't have the information on his cap vs dead-cap hit each year throughout the deal, so I don't know when he potentially becomes viable to cut, or how frontloaded or backloaded the contract may or may not be.

Regardless, if Duke continues to be as analytically elite as he has been to this point, then it's probable he'll play out the contract. Keeping his touches capped also boosts his odds to maintain good health.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:31 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:15 pm Only one of the most effective per touch running-backs in football at every aspect of the position. Oh yeah, irrelevant.
It's a 3 year extension with only half the money guaranteed, so how does that equate to four years??? Wouldn't they be able to cut him sooner if possible?

Spotrac.com still doesn't have the information on his cap vs dead-cap hit each year throughout the deal, so I don't know when he potentially becomes viable to cut, or how frontloaded or backloaded the contract may or may not be.

Regardless, if Duke continues to be as analytically elite as he has been to this point, then it's probable he'll play out the contract. Keeping his touches capped also boosts his odds to maintain good health.
if chubb proves to be the player that most are drafting....dj is a lost factor here. its no secret that haley will roll with 1 rb...if chubb, hyde, dj...can earn that....its their job to lose. i would not get wrapped up in the situation here.....other than "its the browns".

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:31 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm i cannot believe you guys brought up dj. he is irrelevant.
You can't believe the guy they just signed to a decent extension got brought up in a thread about why Chubb is falling?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:37 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:31 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:15 pm Only one of the most effective per touch running-backs in football at every aspect of the position. Oh yeah, irrelevant.

if chubb proves to be the player that most are drafting....dj is a lost factor here. its no secret that haley will roll with 1 rb...if chubb, hyde, dj...can earn that....its their job to lose. i would not get wrapped up in the situation here.....other than "its the browns".
Yeah, but the situation is murky. After paying Hyde and drafting Chubb you would have thought they would let Duke walk. I think he’s very relevant to the situation. I’m not sure why Chubb proponents care that he is slipping in drafts as it makes it more likely they can get him one way or another, unless they’re getting nervous themselves.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:17 am

well any Chubb that last for more than 4 hours, one should consult a doctor....
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 am

Has he fallen and cannot get up?

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am

I'll be Chubb-y Chasing as in today's game there's plenty of opportunity for a receiving RB & traditional RB to get number one stats in a PPR lg.

Just what teams like NE, NO , Wash , Philly, etc... do with a TD's& pounder type combined with a downfield & in space receiving threat RB allows for both to finish top twelve-twenty range.

Now before we get the deluge of "top twenty is not RB1 " let us explain. Most look at end season totals. We look @ per game basis. Nobody scores the same every week. If you can identify the games where the game flow or planning favors your guy then you can get RB1 results 8-10 times during the season from a top twenty RB.

Chubb is sinking because most don't see a path towards him being a top 5 overall alongside Zeke, Gurley, DJ (The real one) , Le'Veon and ... (enter your personal preference). Maybe no one other than Susquatch, Squanto or whatever his name is will become that guy. Penny (and possibly RoJo) has a path towards being the all down RB . Really no one else in the draft profiles as being that guy based upon destination. Guice, Chubb, Michel,Kerryon, Nyheim all have obstacles to overcome.

Of all those outside of Penny and Squanchy (as one guy named him) I will be looking to acquire Chubb. ( i like my RB's like my women... BIG BONEDed )

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 pm predraft i had him 2 or 3. post draft, i wont touch until 8 (which is a bargain in my book). i dont trust the browns and that destination has to scare people. its strictly a guess....but i do see him falling in most drafts, although i think he's been gone by 7 in all (nearly all) of my drafts.

something seems fishy here for me aswell. but i cant bring myself to take the plunge with others on the board. his fall has actually led me to trading up to the 6-8 range in a lot of leagues in hopes that he makes it to me in my late drafts. in the long run, i may end up settling for the "rb that slips"....but if chubb doesnt make it...there are quality players there as well.
I agree with most of this.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)