Why you should buy Treadwell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Why you should buy Treadwell

Postby Servo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:37 am

I liked Tread a lot coming out of college, however, I never drafted him or planned on drafting him (believe it or not). As of today, his NFL career path has been incredibly brutal. In the case of someone like Agholor...even though his first two years were also terrible....he was at least on the field screwing up. Tread playing 15 snaps or whatever it was in his first season started the alarm for me.

Granted, no one expected Thielen blowing up out of nowhere but was that because Thielen was "good" during OTA/Camp/Preseason or was it because Treadwell was so bad that they just gave Thielen his shot? Dunno.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:10 am

I hated him as a prospect more than anyone here - and funny enough, I am now one of the ones advocating buying him cheap (assuming its actually cheap).

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm

for the foreseeable future, hes going to be no better than a 5th option on that team.

Why is that a cheap buy? lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm

He is currently running as the #3, is a conceivable trade option, Diggs is no guarantee to stay and even if he plays his full contract he will enter UDFA just before he turns 25.

Hes as good a cheap buy as any. Dynasty is a long term game, despite the redraft mindset around here.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm He is currently running as the #3, is a conceivable trade option, Diggs is no guarantee to stay and even if he plays his full contract he will enter UDFA just before he turns 25.

Hes as good a cheap buy as any. Dynasty is a long term game, despite the redraft mindset around here.
its not often teams let their top one of their top options walk in the FA, especially if they are trying to win.

I would not bet Diggs leaving, but I can not argue that its no guarantee he stays either.

that's great and all he's running with #3 and IF digs leaves

they still have Theilen, Cooks, Rudolph, maybe someone they draft. So if were looking long term next season if Diggs leaves he's gets pushed to #4 for targets?

ill still pass, let someone else waste a roster spot, unless its a league bigger than 12 teams with a flex

WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Double post

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:03 pm

If you play in a shallow league that doesn't allow you to stash a guy and let him develop on your bench - then sure, I can see why you wouldn't want him. Just by glancing at the team in your sig, I can see why you have that stance yourself. Leagues I'm in have the likes of guys like Noah Brown are rostered for example. They range from 360-400 offensive players being rostered. The league in your sig works out to 210, which is just over half the high end of that. I know I cannot name 400 guys I would rather stash over Treadwell. If I'm stashing Treadwell, I am holding him for at least three more years from now. I drafted Paxton Lynch in my Superflex for example, knowing he is raw and I haven't even considered dropping him. Some players just need to develop. I didn't like Treadwell coming out because I thought he was raw and relied on contested catches too often. He can still develop. He entered the league basically as a kid playing with men.

I'm not sure how you can make that comment about WRs when it continues to happen more and more each year - this free agency alone saw Sammy Watkins & Allen Robinson hit free agency. The Vikings are a smartly run team - that is why they just extended Danielle Hunter to big money (and not Diggs) because they know that an entire football game can be won by the pass rush, WRs are nice to have but having highly paid ones is not essential to championships.

All of your "IFs" are assuming all of the bad things for Treadwell, but you have to realize there are just as many good "IFs" that could break his way too.

Also - it's funny that you think "next season is long term".

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:03 pm If you play in a shallow league that doesn't allow you to stash a guy and let him develop on your bench - then sure, I can see why you wouldn't want him. Just by glancing at the team in your sig, I can see why you have that stance yourself. Leagues I'm in have the likes of guys like Noah Brown are rostered for example. They range from 360-400 offensive players being rostered. The league in your sig works out to 210, which is just over half the high end of that. I know I cannot name 400 guys I would rather stash over Treadwell. If I'm stashing Treadwell, I am holding him for at least three more years from now. I drafted Paxton Lynch in my Superflex for example, knowing he is raw and I haven't even considered dropping him. Some players just need to develop. I didn't like Treadwell coming out because I thought he was raw and relied on contested catches too often. He can still develop. He entered the league basically as a kid playing with men.

I'm not sure how you can make that comment about WRs when it continues to happen more and more each year - this free agency alone saw Sammy Watkins & Allen Robinson hit free agency. The Vikings are a smartly run team - that is why they just extended Danielle Hunter to big money (and not Diggs) because they know that an entire football game can be won by the pass rush, WRs are nice to have but having highly paid ones is not essential to championships.

All of your "IFs" are assuming all of the bad things for Treadwell, but you have to realize there are just as many good "IFs" that could break his way too.

Also - it's funny that you thing "next season is long term".
if guys like that are being rostered, how is Treadwell going to be a cheap by then?

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Because there are people out there that would rather have a late 3rd or a 4th than a guy like Treadwell.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pm

If he's practically free, there's no objective harm taking a shot on him, as others have said.

But I can't summon any optimism for a guy that PFF graded with a 45.9 last year. Even if Minny does choose to let Diggs' fly the coop (which I doubt), they're unlikely to see Treadwell as their solution to replace him unless Treadwell's tape this year suddenly and radically improves.

Beware of thinking Thielen and Diggs are why Treadwell hasn't done anything. The truth is the other way around: Treadwell being so bad allowed for Thielen's breakout.

Treadwell's dynasty value right now is about the same as Philip Dorsett's.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm Because there are people out there that would rather have a late 3rd or a 4th than a guy like Treadwell.
in leagues that size with monster size rosters that size, a 3rd is not cheap at all.

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:29 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pm If he's practically free, there's no objective harm taking a shot on him, as others have said.

But I can't summon any optimism for a guy that PFF graded with a 45.9 last year. Even if Minny does choose to let Diggs' fly the coop (which I doubt), they're unlikely to see Treadwell as their solution to replace him unless Treadwell's tape this year suddenly and radically improves.

Beware of thinking Thielen and Diggs are why Treadwell hasn't done anything. The truth is the other way around: Treadwell being so bad allowed for Thielen's breakout.

Treadwell's dynasty value right now is about the same as Philip Dorsett's.
Well according to this guy, Dorestt will be a steal because of the size if his league lol

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:30 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pmTreadwell's dynasty value right now is about the same as Philip Dorsett's.
Interesting comp - I don't agree personally: I checked DLF rankings just to see, they have Tread as the WR82 out of 124. Dorsett did not make the list.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:33 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:27 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm Because there are people out there that would rather have a late 3rd or a 4th than a guy like Treadwell.
in leagues that size with monster size rosters that size, a 3rd is not cheap at all.
Just going off DLF's rankings, let's assume late 3rd being pick 36 - that would be Deon Cain in their rankings.
For their WR rankings - Treadwell is 82, Cain is 90.

So I would say that is a good price to pay for Treadwell.

You are clearly not someone with much experience in deep leagues based on a number of your comments already - so perhaps you should leave this part to people who do.

I can't believe I'm defending Treadwell. I hated him pre-draft and you can find those posts. But my point still stands, you can do a lot worse for a cheap flier than him. I'm done here.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:45 pm

I've never heard of Deon Cain