Blake Bortles

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Blake Bortles

Postby gmoftheyear » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:47 pm

What are your thought's On Blake? I have an offer to get him and he would be nothing more then my #3 or 4. Do you think he continues to ascend ever so slightly or is he what he is and nothing more? I'd love some feedback whoever wants to provide some.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Blake Bortles

Postby jomaed » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:36 pm

Just bought as my #3. He has a pretty safe floor, and showed pretty well last year down the stretch. He got more comfortable with he playbook as the year went on and that should continue into this year. I actually think he could be a fringe QB1 (just bought him, so of course I am probably overconfident).

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Depends on the offer. As a #3 he's fine but the offense has to change for me to be interested
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Criminally underrated from a fantasy perspective. he's going to produce borderline top 10 numbers year-over-year at a fraction of that cost.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:54 am

Bortles is bad at real football. He's had a couple seasons of fairly solid fantasy production. As long as you're not relying on him long-term, he's a solid add.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:36 am

Depends on the offer, but he could be useful in a 2 qb league
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:56 am

skip wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 pm Criminally underrated from a fantasy perspective. he's going to produce borderline top 10 numbers year-over-year at a fraction of that cost.
This!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:27 am

Ice wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:56 am
skip wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 pm Criminally underrated from a fantasy perspective. he's going to produce borderline top 10 numbers year-over-year at a fraction of that cost.
This!
X3!

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 am

Last 3 years he has been a top 12 fantasy QB, however, he may not be starting in the league after this year. I wouldn't go get him unless needed

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 am

I agree that he's been a very solid fantasy QB and continues to be underrated. However, when I watch him play, he just looks so bad that it's hard to imagine he doesn't get replaced by next year if he continues holding the Jags offense back from truly competing. That's one of the main reasons I'd have a hard time investing anything in him because I'd be worried he wouldn't be a starter much longer. It's possible he catches on with a new team if/when he's replaced, but it'll continue being the same thing over and over again with the new team/s. In a 2QB/SF league, I'd love him as my QB3. In 1QB leagues, wouldn't really be interested as anything more than a bye-week fill-in.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:04 am

j2cain wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 am he may not be starting in the league after this year
Exactly what people were saying heading into 2017... And the Jaguars are supposedly a good QB short of a Superbowl. Don't sign Cousins and instead they give Bortles a 3 year deal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 am

Unless the Jags go to the SB, I think the Jags take a different route next year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am

The only problem with this is, in Dynasty, how much longer do you expect the football team he plays for to keep him as their starter? As I stated earlier, unless he and the Jags get to the dance this year, I think they attempt to upgrade that position. I believe they have an option after 1 year, no?

EDIT. It looks like it's essentially a 2 year deal, they could get out with only 5 million in dead cap money at year 3

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am
The only problem with this is, in Dynasty, how much longer do you expect the football team he plays for to keep him as their starter? As I stated earlier, unless he and the Jags get to the dance this year, I think they attempt to upgrade that position. I believe they have an option after 1 year, no?
So why not make that move this season? There were 4-5 rookie QBs they could have gone after. They could have gone after the much beloved Cousins... Who are they going to go after in 2019 that would be a better option? I am by no means a Bortles fan, I just think that the hate from outside of the organization is a bit overblown. Have the Jaguars given some indication that they are looking to replace him?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 am

skip wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am
So why not make that move this season? There were 4-5 rookie QBs they could have gone after. They could have gone after the much beloved Cousins... Who are they going to go after in 2019 that would be a better option? I am by no means a Bortles fan, I just think that the hate from outside of the organization is a bit overblown. Have the Jaguars given some indication that they are looking to replace him?
True