Another possible overpay for 1.1

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Another possible overpay for 1.1

Postby afrye1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 am

First off, I know I will be overpaying for this pick. I just think Barkey (if he turns out to be what everyone is saying) is the final piece for me to push for that title. I was looking to offer 2018 2nd round 2019 1st and 2nd along with 2020 1st and 2nd and I’m still not sure it would get done but it’s mind boggling the price of 1.1 right now. I would project my firsts to be lates. Do you fine folks think I’d be better off packing those picks for a proven player and if so who? Or use a smaller package of this picks for one of the other 8 RBS in this class? This is for team 2 in my sig. I’ve finished 3rd and 4th in the past two years.
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Another possible overpay for 1.1

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 am

I think it is going to be tough to move a 2nd this year and future 1sts for just about any proven player, nor will it move the needle for Barkley. I think you're only shot would be to approach a league mate who is DEEP at RB with those pieces. I think you MAY have a shot at the 1.06/7 or later. The seconds are nice and all but I would likely pass. You may need to add a player to get anything done. I also think that for a 10 team league, you lack a depth at WR and RB and moving that many early picks for 1 stud will seriously retard your team in the near future, ESPECIALLY if you miss.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:06 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 am I think it is going to be tough to move a 2nd this year and future 1sts for just about any proven player, nor will it move the needle for Barkley. I think you're only shot would be to approach a league mate who is DEEP at RB with those pieces. I think you MAY have a shot at the 1.06/7 or later. The seconds are nice and all but I would likely pass. You may need to add a player to get anything done. I also think that for a 10 team league, you lack a depth at WR and RB and moving that many early picks for 1 stud will seriously retard your team in the near future, ESPECIALLY if you miss.
I'm with this.

First, I don't think that gets it done. 2 future 1sts and 3 2nds isn't enough for Barkley. Second, I don't think that your team is that close with it being a 10 team league.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am

Zero chance from my own experience, unless he is not a savvy owner. Here are some offers that were rejected when I tried to get 1.01 (various leagues)
* Fournette and 2 1sts
* Dalvin/Engram/1st
* Keenan/1st

I don't see anyone giving up a foundational player like Barkley appears to be for a bunch of late 1st round fliers and some 2nds. That makes no sense to me if I own 1.01.

I would maybe start strong with Watson + Marlon Mark + Sterling Shepard + 1st. That gives a lot of solid pieces and the allure of Watson may push him. In a 10 team, start 1 QB... I'd be cashing in on one or two of those QBs. I know this trade idea cuts your depth but if Barkley is Le'Veon 2.0, it is 1000000% worth it IMO. You could also go for a Matt Ryan, Marlon Mack, Sterling Shepard, 1st, 2nd and try to keep Watson.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 am

Needalife wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am * Fournette and 2 1sts
* Dalvin/Engram/1st
* Keenan/1st
These are NUTS lol. I would have a tough time saying no to any of these.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 am

Needalife wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am Zero chance from my own experience, unless he is not a savvy owner. Here are some offers that were rejected when I tried to get 1.01 (various leagues)
* Fournette and 2 1sts
* Dalvin/Engram/1st
* Keenan/1st

I don't see anyone giving up a foundational player like Barkley appears to be for a bunch of late 1st round fliers and some 2nds. That makes no sense to me if I own 1.01.

I would maybe start strong with Watson + Marlon Mark + Sterling Shepard + 1st. That gives a lot of solid pieces and the allure of Watson may push him. In a 10 team, start 1 QB... I'd be cashing in on one or two of those QBs. I know this trade idea cuts your depth but if Barkley is Le'Veon 2.0, it is 1000000% worth it IMO. You could also go for a Matt Ryan, Marlon Mack, Sterling Shepard, 1st, 2nd and try to keep Watson.
You should be glad these got rejected IMO.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 am
Needalife wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am Zero chance from my own experience, unless he is not a savvy owner. Here are some offers that were rejected when I tried to get 1.01 (various leagues)
* Fournette and 2 1sts
* Dalvin/Engram/1st
* Keenan/1st

Agreed.

-Booger McFarlland

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:54 pm

You have some serious need at TE, sketchy at RB2 and RB3, and not much depth at WR. While I think you can definitely compete as you have some of the biggest names in ARod, DJ, and KA, you'd be best to trade a QB (or two) for one of your needs.

1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex (W/R/T)
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson
RB: David Johnson, Frank Gore, Marlon Mack, Marshawn Lynch, America Abdullah, Buck Allen, Aaron Jones, Corey Clement
WR: Keenan Allen, Adam Thielen, Sterling Shepard, TY Hilton, John Ross, Curtis Samuel, Michael Clark
TE: Antonio Gates, Hunter Henry, Ricky Seals-Jones, Austin Hooper
K: Butker
DEF: Pitt and Jags
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm

I can't imagine there is much of a market for QB in a 10 team start 1 league.

-Booger McFarlland

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 pm

afrye1 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 am First off, I know I will be overpaying for this pick. I just think Barkey (if he turns out to be what everyone is saying) is the final piece for me to push for that title. I was looking to offer 2018 2nd round 2019 1st and 2nd along with 2020 1st and 2nd and I’m still not sure it would get done but it’s mind boggling the price of 1.1 right now. I would project my firsts to be lates. Do you fine folks think I’d be better off packing those picks for a proven player and if so who? Or use a smaller package of this picks for one of the other 8 RBS in this class? This is for team 2 in my sig. I’ve finished 3rd and 4th in the past two years.
That is a terrible offer for the 1.01. 0 chance of it coming anywhere close to being accepted. I didn't even bother to counter for the people who made offers like that for the 1.01.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:27 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 am
* Fournette and 2 1sts
* Dalvin/Engram/1st
* Keenan/1st

Agreed.
I have the 1.1 in one league, and I would take the first two in a heartbeat, and maybe the third, too, after a couple minutes.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Thats a really light offer like everyone is saying, Also your team isn't very good...no offense, but you have zero Rb depth behind DJ and you got 3 decent WR but thats it and then you don't have a TE with HH out...you aren't going to come close to winning this year unless a miracle happens. Keep your picks cause they will be top half most likely and you need to keep building.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Titans95 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:29 pm Thats a really light offer like everyone is saying, Also your team isn't very good...no offense, but you have zero Rb depth behind DJ and you got 3 decent WR but thats it and then you don't have a TE with HH out...you aren't going to come close to winning this year unless a miracle happens. Keep your picks cause they will be top half most likely and you need to keep building.
i agree his team needs some work but 3 decent wr? keenan is elite and thielen is a wr1 just finished as a top 5 wr so i would call them better than decent plus if luck is healthy ty hilton is also a wr1 with that being said still needs a lot of help to win a ship i say this is a playoff team and a middle of the pack team at worst. adding barkley would give you a shot at a title tho.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton