2018 Rule Change Summary

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

2018 Rule Change Summary

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:05 pm

These are the rule changes that will take effect for the 2018 season. I will add more as we reach decisions.
  • This first one is not really a change as we've been handling it this way... I just want to clarify / explicitly state in the rule that this is how it works. If an owner decides to exercise the 5th year option on a rookie contract, it is still fully guaranteed and the salary / bonus for the 5th year is the same as it was for the previous four years.
  • QB scoring has changed from 1 point per 20 yards to 1 point per 25 yards (its actually 0.04 per 1 yard on MFL, which is 1/25).
  • We have eliminated the AFC/NFC conferences, though we'll maintain the 4 divisions with the same teams in each division as before. This impacts playoff qualification. The 4 division winners will make the playoffs with the top two teams earning a first round bye (same as before). However, instead of the top scoring non-division winner from each conference making the playoffs as wild cards, it will be the two top scoring non-division winners overall.
  • As a follow-up to the above rule change, the elimination of conferences requires us to reseed the remaining teams for the 2nd round. This will be done such that the #1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed. This reseeding also applies to the bracket for picks 5-10 for non-playoff teams.
  • The non-championship playoff brackets have been changed. Previously, the top 6 seeded non-championship teams play for picks 1-6 and the bottom 4 teams play for picks 7-10. Going forward, the top 4 teams will play for picks 1-4 and the bottom 6 teams play for picks 5-10.
  • Seeding for non-championship playoff teams has been changed. Going forward, instead of record, we will use the "Potential Points" column from the Power Ranking report (found under Reports > Standings > Power Rank) on MFL. The team with the LOWEST potential points will earn the #1 seed and the team with the highest potential points will earn the #10 seed.
  • Going forward, the catch & release penalty will be applied if a player is cut OR traded during the same offseason in which he was acquired via UFA.
  • The offseason roster limit has been increased from 19 to 21. We'll have a cutdown date, at which point rosters must be legal for the regular season.
  • Going forward, owners are prohibited from bidding on a player in the offseason if they already won and cut that player during that offseason (catch & release). Said owner WOULD be allowed to pick up that player again during waivers after the season starts.
  • The cap penalty for winning and cutting/trading a player in the same offseason (catch & release) has been increased to 40%.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2018 Rule Change Summary

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:10 pm

I have changed MFL to eliminate the conferences and changed the QB passing yardage scoring.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:15 pm

I have also changed the non-championship playoff brackets.

The top 4 non-championship seeds play for picks 1-4, beginning week 15 (so all 4 of these teams have a bye week 14). I thought it would be more fun and more suspense to have the #1 pick decided the same week as the championship (week 16)... rather than on week 15. If people are adamantly opposed to this setup, I can move these to weeks 14 and 15, instead of weeks 15 and 16.

The remaining teams play for picks 5-10, beginning week 14, with the top 2 seeds in this bracket having a bye week 14 as well (don't really have a choice with a 6-team bracket).

You can see the brackets here... http://www60.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... 49913&O=79

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:42 am

The rules thread has been updated... viewtopic.php?f=153&t=102827