John Ross: reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: John Ross: reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:44 am

pokerface40 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 am The thing is his owners aren't gonna sell at a price that would be worth taking a stab at him. Being a top 10 NFL and dynasty (rookie) draft pick, his value is still somewhat insulated.
Yeah.

Some of us play redraft too, though. I posted this in part with that in mind. Ross is practically free in redraft right now, and if he's healthy then I think WR2/3 production in '18 is plausible. Seems like a clear path to targets on that depth-chart.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 am

I just bought him during our rookie draft last week. I sold the 2.04 for a 2019 2nd + John Ross.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 am

rice krispie treats are more durable than that dude - easy pass for a career roster clogger.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:41 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 am rice krispie treats are more durable than that dude - easy pass for a career roster clogger.
he may have a good year if he manages to stay healthy. but the dude can't even run a 40 without hurting himself. throw in some contact and he's a pass unless i can get him for a mid 2nd. i'd flip him for any first as soon as he has a good game.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 am

Injuries aside...his upside is pretty limited in that offense unless AJ Green dies. Bengals offense is definitely due for a bounce back this year though. There's been a couple seasons where the WR2 had 60-800 on that team. His only chance at being a top 24 WR though is if he ends up catching a decent amount of touchdowns. His floor is too risky in comparison to the ceiling IMO.

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am

I'll agree with ^Jason here. I think Ross has a chance to be a great player for the Bengals this year, but I doubt he is a great fantasy contributor. There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball for the Bengals and thus a lot of mouths to feed. I'd say he could be like fuller last year where he has a few huge games due to long TDs but far too volatile to start on a weekly basis
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am

As a lifelong Bengals fan, my issues with Ross come more from being on this team than the player himself. Being a deep threat for Andy Dalton is an ugly place to be. I've watched AJ bail Andy out on awfully placed deep throws year in and year out. I don't doubt Ross could get free with that speed, but unless he has AJ's elite body control to adjust and save a bad throw it won't matter much.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:23 pm

To me, he seems like he will be more valuable as a “real life” player than a fantasy contributor. I feel like he is one of those “one trick pony” types who will take the top off of a defense but won’t do much of else. The man is fast, just ask the island that he didn’t get because he didn’t wear Adidas. He will end up as a poor man’s DJax, only with Dalton as his QB.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:53 am

If nothing else, a healthy John Ross seems like good news for Green. Watching Green get doubled and even tripled constantly last season got real tedious. I doubt it's a coincidence that two of Green's three best seasons to date were when Marvin Jones was effective for Cincy.

Speaking of whom, Marvin Jones in '13 and '15 is a reasonable projection for a healthy Ross. With upside beyond that, of course.
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 am Yeah, I did. The only two videos you showed were him running a route against nobody. Some reporters said he looked good, and I guess he caught a TD against someone. Some link about his feet being recorded etc.
Two of the first three links are explicitly about him burning William Jackson (DB with the NFL's lowest versus coverage completion percentage in '17), KeiVarae Russell, and consistently separating from coverage during 11v11 and 7v7. Have you always been this lazy a shitposter? I never noticed before.
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am Being a deep threat for Andy Dalton is an ugly place to be.
I fear I agree. Can't be worse than Jake Browning, though. I got sick of watching him underthrow Ross all Saturday when studying the latter's tape at this time last year.
flashgordon12 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 amThere is a lot of talent on that side of the ball for the Bengals and thus a lot of mouths to feed.
No there ain't.

LaFell graded worse than replacement-level last year, Boyd was replacement-level and a healthy scratch some weeks, and Eifert still isn't healthy (what else isn't new). On paper, Ross' stiffest competition on the target totem-pole below Green are the two top running-backs, and obviously there will be zero overlap in their respective usage in the passing game.

As alluded to above, I think the biggest check on a healthy Ross is Dalton's so-so deep ball. Target opportunity itself shouldn't be a problem at all if Dalton throws 500+ times.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:18 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:53 am If nothing else, a healthy John Ross seems like good news for Green. Watching Green get doubled and even tripled constantly last season got real tedious. I doubt it's a coincidence that two of Green's three best seasons to date were when Marvin Jones was effective for Cincy.
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 am Yeah, I did. The only two videos you showed were him running a route against nobody. Some reporters said he looked good, and I guess he caught a TD against someone. Some link about his feet being recorded etc.
Two of the first three links are explicitly about him burning William Jackson (DB with the NFL's lowest versus coverage completion percentage in '17), KeiVarae Russell, and consistently separating from coverage during 11v11 and 7v7. Have you always been this lazy a shitposter? I never noticed before.
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am Being a deep threat for Andy Dalton is an ugly place to be.
I fear I agree. Can't be worse than Jake Browning, though. I got sick of watching him underthrow Ross all Saturday when studying the latter's tape at this time last year.
flashgordon12 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 amThere is a lot of talent on that side of the ball for the Bengals and thus a lot of mouths to feed.
No there ain't.

LaFell graded worse than replacement-level last year, Boyd was replacement-level and a healthy scratch some weeks, and Eifert still isn't healthy. On paper, Ross' stiffest competition on the target totem-pole below Green are the two top running-backs, and there will be zero overlap in their respective usage in the passing game.

As alluded to above, I think the biggest check on a healthy Ross is Dalton's so-so deep ball. Target opportunity itself shouldn't be a problem at all if Dalton throws 500+ times.
Go pound sand. I read everything you posted and it reads like most other crap in the pre-seaon. So you're a big Ross fanboy, good for you I specifically referenced that I supposed it was good that he looked good in OTA's but was referencing that two posts were him running routes versus nobody and I didn't see the big deal about that. Do you always have this much trouble processing information, or do you just start talking crap when it looks like somebody might be a little reticent to agree with your post? There is a ton of fluff in those links, I had already given credence to the fact he supposedly looked good in OTA's according to reporters.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:21 am

Man 24mph.... that's faster than Dalton can throw.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:00 am

a john ross flame war coolio .... whats next a kendrick bourne flame war ... obscure UDFA that crushed ross # by the by - Just think if ross ever catches a pass or scores a positive fantasy point , he might really incite some fanboy love .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:01 am

^^^^^^^^^Not really, I think Ross can be an OK player, I'm just not going be told I'm a "bleep poster" without responding. I'm not going to get into it any more, and my comment was to this specific "argument", not everything he posts in general.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 am

IBall2 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 am I just bought him during our rookie draft last week. I sold the 2.04 for a 2019 2nd + John Ross.
Fantastic buy! I always like acquiring last years big items for a discount!
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:56 am

I was a big Boyd fan when he was entering his last year of college, obviously a swing and miss on my part in the late first. Now I hear Tate is impressing, along with Ross. Bengals just don't seem to be easy to gauge for fantasy purposes, beyond AJ Green and hopefully Mixon.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry