Make the Trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MonkeyMafia
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Make the Trade?

Postby MonkeyMafia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:34 am

Hey all, I've got a question. I recently reached out to the Allen Robinson owner about acquiring him. That team is in a complete rebuild, so I thought I might be able to get him from him. He proposed a deal that I'm thinking about, but would like feedback.

The proposal was his Allen Robinson for my 2019 10th round (This needs more explaining, which there will be below).

The league is a 12 team, multi-keeper, non-ppr, QRRWWTFDK, 19 person roster. My current roster is:

Rodgers, Cousins, Trubisky
DJ, Mixon, Hyde, T. Coleman, Carson, Perine
Green, Allen, Funchess, DT, C. Coleman, J Matt
Gronk, Kittle, Everett
I have a Defense
I have a Kicker

Our drafts work like this. You can keep as many or as few players as you want. However if you trade a pick, you cannot keep a number of players up to that pick. For example, I traded my 2018 13th rounder this past year so I am only allowed to keep up to twelve. The twelve that I am planning on keeping this year are bolded.

If I were to make the trade, I would likely replace Funchess or DT with Robinson as it currently stands, though would lean towards keeping DT over Funchess

This obviously could change next year depending on who I draft and how the season goes, but if I make the trade I would only be allowed to keep 9 players next year which I would anticipate would look like:

Rodgers
DJ, Mixon, T. Coleman
Green, Allen, Robinson
Gronk, Kittle

I'm not anticipating keeping DT next year as he will likely be on a new team and will likely have little value.

Do you feel this trade would hamstring me too much next year by limiting who I would be able to keep from a competitive roster? Am I too worried about the future and should pay the relatively cheap price for a high value target?

As a side question, is there a standard name for this league/draft type? I feel like I have to give a pretty lengthy explanation for the format each time and would like a shorthand description for it.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Make the Trade?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:50 am

i cant even understand the longhand verson of the league description lol

can you get arob and cut kittle? i would do that very easily.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

MonkeyMafia
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MonkeyMafia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:50 am i cant even understand the longhand verson of the league description lol

can you get arob and cut kittle? i would do that very easily.
Ha. I've been trying to figure out the best way to explain it for a while. It makes sense when you play in the league.

I could Keep ARob over Kittle. Essentially I can only keep up to twelve guys right now. It could be any combination of 12. I rather like Kittle and think he could be a major force at TE soon. He's the only real big body on the 49ers right now so he becomes the de facto #1 red zone choice. Combine that with not being sure how long Gronk will actually keep playing/stay off IR, I would like to have a high upside guy on the roster at TE. I was thinking Arob over Funchess because I'm not completely sold on him being a real #1 wideout, much less with Cam throwing to him.

Gronk
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Gronk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:07 am

That's still an easy accept for me. Keeping just 10 next year is easy for me as well. You don't need to keep Cousins and you won't do better than Arob in the 10th round anyways.