DJ Moore or Robert Woods?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

PPR pick a side

Robert Woods
24%
DJ Moore
76%

Total votes: 109

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: DJ Moore or Robert Woods?

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 pm

While the lowest I've seen Moore go in any of my drafts is 10th so far - I have seen a couple of Woods for 1.12 deals go down so it is definitely in the same ballpark
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu May 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 pm Woods is a player you should typically just hang on to because the production far outweighs anything most people would be willing to trade for him.
Exactly. He’s definitely a member of the Eric Decker all stars.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri May 18, 2018 5:17 am

Moore, for the upside.

I respect Woods, but I suspect Kupp will surpass him for target-share soon. Kupp as a rookie already graded almost as well as Woods did in '17.

Moore stilll needs to develop a lot of his WR craft to reach his potential, but he only just turned 21. He has the upside to be the best WR Newton's had since SSS.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri May 18, 2018 6:19 pm

What has Woods done to earn this respect? Where is the production that people aren't willing to pay for? There's this notion that he's putting up WR1 numbers and being disrespected. That's just not the case.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri May 18, 2018 6:58 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:19 pm What has Woods done to earn this respect? Where is the production that people aren't willing to pay for? There's this notion that he's putting up WR1 numbers and being disrespected. That's just not the case.
In PPR he scored 10 or more fantasy points in 8 of 12 games played, with a QB who only threw 477 times last year. He finished as the 15th best graded wide-receiver in the NFL. I haven't seen anyone treating him like a fantasy WR1; nonetheless, he was on pace for a 75-1040-7 line over 16 games, which made him a fine fantasy WR2.

All of that is respectable.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat May 19, 2018 7:38 am

Woods has a decent season and people have blacked out on what he actually is. The notion that the Rams would be content with him as their top WR was outlandish, and it was quickly addressed by bringing in Cooks. I don’t see how you can value Woods as anything more than a WR3, and I say that generously as I would only be comfortable as more of a WR4 on my roster. I just don’t see how 2017 can be your expected per game output all of a sudden. I don’t see anything special, not even situation (multiple WRs, high usage RB). The Houston game feels like an aberration that has impacted perception more than it should based on end of season stats.

Give me the upside of Moore over a depth WR who has only exceeded 700 yards once in 5 seasons.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat May 19, 2018 8:38 am

Cooks will finish with fewer receptions than Kupp and Woods this year, if the trends demonstrated by every past NFL season McVay has offensive-coordinated hold true. The DeSean Jackson / Sammy Watkins field-stretcher role in McVay's offense has never gotten more than 56 receptions in a season, and that's Cooks' role now. Plus Goff has been both gun-shy and inaccurate on vertical targets his first two seasons.

Interesting note: Cooks had a worse PFF grade than both Woods and Kupp last season. :|

Cooks isn't the real check on Woods' ceiling, in my opinion. It's Kupp's potential year 2 growth and Goff not throwing enough, and ofc how many targets Gurley's getting on top of that, as you point out.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat May 19, 2018 10:50 am

I agree that Cooks and Woods roles will be very different, and that Cooks would necessarily cannibalize the volume Woods will receive by nature of the different role. I more lean on the fact that many were viewing Woods as 'the number 1 in the offense', which simply was never going to hold true. He's a committee or niche role WR. I agree that Kupp is a bigger threat to Woods, as is the potential development and integration of Everett and Higbee (and even Gurley maintaining a passing role). Cooks will hold that different role, though i would also argue that a player of his talent will take more market share than if a lesser player was brought in. I know Watkins didn't light things on fire, but he did likely take more TD volume than if a lesser player was in the role, and i don't think Cooks does less than Watkins does.

Overall, my stance is really just based on my outlook for Woods overall though. His ceiling is capped, and i don't think he's as secure a player as so many seem to be implying he is. If you think you can expect a WR2 you are more than likely (in my opinion) to be overestimated and setting yourself up for disappointment. WR3 i am fine with. WR4 is the ideal. He simply doesn't look the part of something greater to me. Moore, though with a QB that isn't know for providing high end WR production, is simply a higher ceiling WR with more ability. I would much rather have Moore based on the potential of being a true WR2 despite the potentially lower floor.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 pm

I feel like the same people who are high on Woods are probably the same types who thought Terrelle Pryor was for real after his WR debut year.

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Hand up. I like Robert Woods and was also in on Pryor
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bo Jackson » Sat May 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Moore without a doubt
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun May 20, 2018 10:01 am

Phaded wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 pm I feel like the same people who are high on Woods are probably the same types who thought Terrelle Pryor was for real after his WR debut year.
It is hard to judge whether or not he was "for real" considering his Week II injury. Assuming players are bust because of injuries is one of the easiest fallacies for savvy owners to exploit.

https://thejetpress.com/2018/05/12/new- ... potential/

Don't be surprised if Pryor has another 800-1000 yard season this year
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 pm Not sure how this is a thing..
what bout now? woods easily over dj moore
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 pm I feel like the same people who are high on Woods are probably the same types who thought Terrelle Pryor was for real after his WR debut year.
lmaoooo
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Lots of interesting takes in these 2 pages. The premature labeling, the seeing what one wants to see. I've been wrong so many times before it's tough for me to laugh or point fingers, but.... If I own Woods, a 26 year old (So... not old) - I don't trade him right now for DJ Moore. With all things considered, knowing what you know now, Who would?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.