Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Vcize » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am

Why did people/teams make a so much bigger deal about him outing the combine questions than they did when Dez did it? Their quotes on the matter were almost exactly the same.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:04 am

All I know is that when the Redskins made their Guice selection they said Derrius!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am Why did people/teams make a so much bigger deal about him outing the combine questions than they did when Dez did it? Their quotes on the matter were almost exactly the same.
It's the fact that Guice allegedly lied about it. I'm not exactly sure if he says he didn't remember which team asked him b/c he didn't want to out the particular team, or if he lied about it.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am
Vcize wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am Why did people/teams make a so much bigger deal about him outing the combine questions than they did when Dez did it? Their quotes on the matter were almost exactly the same.
It's the fact that Guice allegedly lied about it. I'm not exactly sure if he says he didn't remember which team asked him b/c he didn't want to out the particular team, or if he lied about it.
Can't imagine why in the middle of the draft process Guice would choose to make up a lie about something like that...but if it's true he deserved what happened.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Or maybe the whole thing was orchestrated as a plan to go to the Redskins.

#TinfoilHat

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:20 pm It's not like he fell to the 5th round. He fell later in the same round he was probably going to go in anyway. It was dramatic while it was going on but in the end he ended up as a 2nd round pick in a good situation, which is pretty much what everyone was hoping for going into the draft.
This is how I feel. It was crazy how he fell in regards to the other Rbs going before him, but If it had simply been Barkley at 2, Chubb late first or early second, then Guice at this point in the 2nd to the skins, this wouldn't even be a discussion

Still a 2nd round RB, a talented one on film, and to a better landing spot than many of the other backs

I really did find it interesting, before the rumors and stuff came out, with both Michel and Sony going before Guice when I created this thread
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52 pm

I actually think he dropped more because he “supposedly” had some off the field incidents while at LSU. Whether it’s true or not, I don’t know but we all know how much teams do as far as background checks. It’s just a gamble, maybe nothing ever comes of it and he’s a stud but it probable just comes down to if an owner is risk adverse or not.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Jason wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 am Redskins senior VP of player personnel Doug Williams said he is not worried about second-round RB Derrius Guice.

Williams seemed to shoot down rumors of off-field concerns. "For this kid, who doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, hasn’t been arrested, no failed drug tests," Williams said. "He’s a happy-go-lucky kid." Williams also said he grew up in the same area as Guice, so he understands what it took for him to get where he is today. It is looking like Washington got a steal late in the second round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice piece on Guice. I'm a fan. I think a year from now we're gonna look back on all this off-field stuff as nothing but pre-draft fluff. I think he'll flourish better in a locker room that embraces his personality, unlike a place like NE that wants an army of robots lol.

I feel like the combine questions probably happened and his agent probably tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube by putting the gag order on him...but the damage was done to his stock. On the bright side going in the 2nd round as opposed to late 1st means he gets his 2nd contract a year earlier so it might work out anyway but he's gotta keep his nose clean going forward, the TMZ vultures will be lurking lol.
What else is the guy who just drafted him going to say? I agree that Guice's "fall" isn't significant enough to matter, but when NFL teams flag a guy for character concerns, more times than not it comes back full circle: DGB, Randy Gregory, and Rueben Foster are some of the recent names.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 pm

My RB rankings. Pretty much unchanged by the draft.

Barkley: duh
Juice: Don't care he went later. Great situation.
Chubb: Not 100% back last year, but looked good. If he regains all previous athleticism, look out!
Jones: Love the situation. Should be the man in a decent offense. Biggest bust risk though in the guys I ranked.
Penny / Michael (I see them evenly, but gun to my head I take Penny first. Less competition for touches, although I like Michael in D Lewis role)
Freeman: Like the situation as well. Draft spot holding me back a bit.

Forget the rest.

Edited to include Freeman. Forgot when I made my list...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:23 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 pm
Can't imagine why in the middle of the draft process Guice would choose to make up a lie about something like that...but if it's true he deserved what happened.
That's the big concern. If he lied that's just some serious mental instability.

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:22 am

Oooo please let him fall to me at 1.03

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue May 01, 2018 6:17 am

i would doubt very highly people with millions of dollars on the line based their decision on a player saying he was asked offensive questions
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue May 01, 2018 3:04 pm

Was listening to Ross Tucker and he brought up that Guice changed agents just before the draft and it's possible said agent may have told teams things he otherwise would not have. Not sure how credible that is, but seems a possibility.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue May 01, 2018 6:56 pm

What I'm guessing happened was he was asked those questions for real, then someone he trusted told him not to talk about it or teams don't like people they can't trust or something like that.

After that, he tried to take the blame and say he made it up to prove to those teams he can be trusted and get the investigation off the teams' back.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:09 pm

No surprise whatsoever, there will always be some scumbags asking scumbag questions and wanting it kept quiet in a multi-billion dollar industry.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -