General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:18 am

jmr12589 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:16 pm If you have the 1.02 like me, the first round results were not encouraging if you had your eye on Guice.

Never considered Michel or Penny at 1.02 but the million dollar question is... do I have to now?

Still need to see where the rest of these non-Barkley bums (hehe) go, but regardless... hard to see Guice as a slam dunk 1.02 anymore.

If you're desperate for help at RB (and those are good odds at 1.02), the 1.02 isn't as exciting as it was 24 hours ago.
How could anyone justify Guice at 1.02 now? That's crazy talk.

I'm sitting at 1.07 and I doubt Guice is in my top 7. In fact he is not.
Hahahaha are you joking? Funniest thing I've heard all night!
I've dropped Guice down 4 spots and currently have him at 10 on my list.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

mlynarcm
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mlynarcm » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:12 am

All this talk about about Guice not being in the top 7 or Top 10 is ridiculous and sounds more like people trying to drive his stock down further so there's an off chance that he reaches their low end pick.

The RBs with good talent got questionable landing spots, the RBs with questionable talent got good landing spots. Which muddied the RB rankings a little.

Guice is about the only RB that has good talent and a good landing spot. I'll give a little wiggle room and he's definitely 1.02 or 1.03.

If your gonna dismiss talent and landing spot for a few chatacter concerns, everyone better run out and sell their Zeke and Leveon shares.
Team 1
12 team league, PPR
Start 1QB, 1-3RBs, 1-3WRs, 1 TE
QB: D. Prescott, K. Cousins,
RB: D. Cook, M. Gordon, T. Cohen, D. Guice, R. Penny J. Mckinnon, L. Murray, C. Edmonds, D. Harris
WR: O. Beckham, D. Adams, K. Allen, J. Edleman, O. Johnson
TE: E. Ebron, G. Kittle

Team 2
Start 1QB, 1-3RBs, 1-3WRs, 1 TE
QB: Mayfield, Winston,
RB: D. Cook, N. Chubb, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, N. Hines
WR: O. Beckham, J. Jones, A. Brown D. Funchess, Z. Jones, D. Moncrief, M Bryant
TE: G. Kittle, E. Ebron, R.Gronkowski

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:24 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 pm

How could anyone justify Guice at 1.02 now? That's crazy talk.

I'm sitting at 1.07 and I doubt Guice is in my top 7. In fact he is not.
How does Guice land in top 7? I'm pretty confident I'll see "expert" rankings with Guice outside top 7. That's all positions, not just RB.
Disagree. But one thing I do know to ring true: draft capital. Penny and Michel went in the first. Michel is tricky because he went to the Pats. BUT if a team is willing to invest a sacred first round pick in a RB shows me they are comitted. So I'll take their hierarchy over analysts or forum trolls any day.

SB
Penny
Michel
Guice
RoJo
Royce
Chubb
K.Johnson

in that order.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:21 am

hjernazian wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:24 am
remedy29 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 pm

How does Guice land in top 7? I'm pretty confident I'll see "expert" rankings with Guice outside top 7. That's all positions, not just RB.
Disagree. But one thing I do know to ring true: draft capital. Penny and Michel went in the first. Michel is tricky because he went to the Pats. BUT if a team is willing to invest a sacred first round pick in a RB shows me they are comitted. So I'll take their hierarchy over analysts or forum trolls any day.

SB
Penny
Michel
Guice
RoJo
Royce
Chubb
K.Johnson

in that order.
This more closely matches my list, I was never high on guice and didnt know alot about penny but a team using their first is a big tick in my rankings.
Barkley
Penny
Michael
Guice
Chubb
Johnson
After that I'm not sure, not a big rojo fan.

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:31 am

I would take ROJO over Guice, but Guice is still in my 1.03-1.05 range. Outside top 7 seems crazy. but I draft 9 so I hope so!
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 am

In a universe that is just about on-field football, Guice can lead the NFL in rushing behind that Washington OL. I believe he's that talented on the field. However, to be that successful he's going to have to put in the work. The NFL rarely tells us the whole truth, but one time they do is when they use a draft pick. Executives in several cities did not want to bet their livelihood on Guice putting in the work and fitting into their locker room. That should give pause to dynasty drafters - it's a risk assessment. The ceiling is still "NFL rushing leader" but it seems like the floor isn't RB2 for fantasy....more like rookie doghouse/learn to be a professional --> non-contributor year one.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:00 am

All this does is make his grip on the 2 spot a lot lighter...the "concerns" and seemingly surprise drop to late 2nd will open the door for other guys like Ronald Jones, Rashad Penny, possibly even some WR (you know this community can't help themselves with WR love) to sneak up.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:00 am

Penny is a decent talent think Seattle screwed the pooch by not taking an o linemen there could’ve got penny much latter
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:47 am

Tvols wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:00 am Penny is a decent talent think Seattle screwed the pooch by not taking an o linemen there could’ve got penny much latter
He was going to go to Cleveland by the sounds of it in the early 2nd. I think he was coming off the board soon. Hawks stated they were willing to take him at 18, and that as soon as they picked him a team (that most likely got sniped) called them to inquire about trading for him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:47 am
Tvols wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:00 am Penny is a decent talent think Seattle screwed the pooch by not taking an o linemen there could’ve got penny much latter
He was going to go to Cleveland by the sounds of it in the early 2nd. I think he was coming off the board soon. Hawks stated they were willing to take him at 18, and that as soon as they picked him a team (that most likely got sniped) called them to inquire about trading for him.
I read/heard speculation that the team that called Seattle about Penny was NE. After that went nowhere they picked Michel. Grain of salt, but someone on a podcast (I think) passed it along.
Also heard that some believe it was NE who leaked to Mayock/Lombardi et al that Michel has a bone/bone issue in his knee. Speculation was based on the relationship those two media guys have with Belichek. NE then turned around and picked him...interesting.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:20 pm

DynoScout wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 am In a universe that is just about on-field football, Guice can lead the NFL in rushing behind that Washington OL. I believe he's that talented on the field. However, to be that successful he's going to have to put in the work. The NFL rarely tells us the whole truth, but one time they do is when they use a draft pick. Executives in several cities did not want to bet their livelihood on Guice putting in the work and fitting into their locker room. That should give pause to dynasty drafters - it's a risk assessment. The ceiling is still "NFL rushing leader" but it seems like the floor isn't RB2 for fantasy....more like rookie doghouse/learn to be a professional --> non-contributor year one.
It's not like he fell to the 5th round. He fell later in the same round he was probably going to go in anyway. It was dramatic while it was going on but in the end he ended up as a 2nd round pick in a good situation, which is pretty much what everyone was hoping for going into the draft.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am

DynoScout wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 am In a universe that is just about on-field football, Guice can lead the NFL in rushing behind that Washington OL. I believe he's that talented on the field. However, to be that successful he's going to have to put in the work. The NFL rarely tells us the whole truth, but one time they do is when they use a draft pick. Executives in several cities did not want to bet their livelihood on Guice putting in the work and fitting into their locker room. That should give pause to dynasty drafters - it's a risk assessment. The ceiling is still "NFL rushing leader" but it seems like the floor isn't RB2 for fantasy....more like rookie doghouse/learn to be a professional --> non-contributor year one.
X2. Very well said .
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Bo Scarbrough Doe.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 am

I just drafted Guice 1.02 in my rookie draft.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 am

Redskins senior VP of player personnel Doug Williams said he is not worried about second-round RB Derrius Guice.

Williams seemed to shoot down rumors of off-field concerns. "For this kid, who doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, hasn’t been arrested, no failed drug tests," Williams said. "He’s a happy-go-lucky kid." Williams also said he grew up in the same area as Guice, so he understands what it took for him to get where he is today. It is looking like Washington got a steal late in the second round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice piece on Guice. I'm a fan. I think a year from now we're gonna look back on all this off-field stuff as nothing but pre-draft fluff. I think he'll flourish better in a locker room that embraces his personality, unlike a place like NE that wants an army of robots lol.

I feel like the combine questions probably happened and his agent probably tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube by putting the gag order on him...but the damage was done to his stock. On the bright side going in the 2nd round as opposed to late 1st means he gets his 2nd contract a year earlier so it might work out anyway but he's gotta keep his nose clean going forward, the TMZ vultures will be lurking lol.