General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 am

jman3134 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 am
JFever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:17 am
jman3134 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 am Which is why Chris Carson wins the job!

I'd bet against this ^ with confidence. But.... as always, anything could happen.
You're on. Draft capital be damned.
This needs a sig bet
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:54 am

i'll worry if he goes undrafted.

Magic derivative
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Magic derivative » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:55 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 am
Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:17 am From Pete Carroll:
Carroll: “He is also going to be a three down back for us and he can do everything. He needs to work on his pass protection which he was not asked to do a lot of. But he will give us the ability to play him on all downs and that versatility is really big."
I like Penny, but this is what I am so confused about though. Why does Pete hate Russell Wilson so much? Protecting him is the one thing the Seahawks need to be focusing on. Also, being a good pass protector is pretty essential for an every down RB, no?
I'm starting to think that the SEA ownership just believes that Wilson is so good at structure that the return to o-line investment isn't worth it. Think about it from a game theory perspective. The teams with the more immobile QB's are willing to pay the most for o-line that can keep the pocket clean. A top OT is worth more to NE than it is to SEA, but yet SEA would have to pay just as much as NE (draft capital or salary) to acquire o-line. The problem is that the price of o-line is set by the league, and SEA is one of the few teams that doesn't have to pay that high price to be successful.
Team 1 (QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 3 Flex, 1 Super Flex || Best Ball PPR, TE Premium (1.5) || 12 tm , 35 roster, 5 taxi)
QB: Luck, Stafford, Taylor, Brissett, Kaepernick
RB: Hunt, Kamara, D. Martin, M Mack, D. Washington, R. Jodgers, Rod SMith, W. Gallman, B Cunningham
WR: C Davis, D. Thomas, Tate, M Jones, Shepard, R. Anderson, T. Ginn, J Mathews, P. Richardson, M. Sanu, Terrance Williams, Tyrell Williams
TE: Ertz, Doyle, Ebron, Brate, OJ Howard

Team 2 (QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE 2 Flex) || 10 tm PPR
QB: Rodgers, Staford, Roethlisberger, Dalton
RB: Elliott, Gordon, Freeman, Mixon , Martin, McFadden, B Oliver, J Rodgers, Rod Smith, Terrance West, Woodhead
WR: A brown, J Jones, Baldwin, Juju, Crabtree, Ginn, Hurns, Ross, M. Wallace
TE: Engram, D. Walker, B. Watson

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:36 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:54 am Anyone as shocked as I am that neither Guice nor Chubb were the 2nd RBs off the board behind Barkley? Penny as the RB2 was a real shocker, and Michel by the pats with Guice still out there was also not expected

Us fantasy owners missed pretty hard on that Guice>Chubb/Michel tier behind Barkley

Also, next two RBs taken go to perhaps the two worst backfields to own in fantasy. Seahawks was really puzzling. Reach on an RB when you have 0 O-line and a defense that's crumbling
I think it was a combination of team needs, as well as systems. Some RB's are better for certain systems than others, and I can tell you that the Redskins really liked Guice, like A LOT, and lets say they didn't suck as badly during the 2nd half of the season, finished 10-6. Guice very likely could have been the pick if Payne was off the board. At 13, they didn't want to go Guice, they wanted trade down if they're DT's, James, and Fitzpatrick were all gone.

Doesn't bother me. I think these guys are generally speaking, not smarter or more innovative in their thinking and projecting than writers at DLF or rotoviz etc. I know longer buy the defer to authority arguments. Once you actually hear the scouts in quote packages, like at NFL.Com, or see the interviews with GM's, you realize pretty fast that most of them are dinosaurs, or mediocre minds at best. I'm not impressed at all with virtually any of them. It doesn't surprise me that time and again they totally botch this. Ronald Jones is going to go real high. Why?

Because he looks fast in open space.

There's literally ZERO justification for taking him in the first 3-4 rounds, but he's gonna go there all the same.

They're just very, very cement in their thinking. It's the most conservative sport around in terms of innovation vs tradition in strategic team building, even moreso than baseball at this point.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:16 pm

If you have the 1.02 like me, the first round results were not encouraging if you had your eye on Guice.

Never considered Michel or Penny at 1.02 but the million dollar question is... do I have to now?

Still need to see where the rest of these non-Barkley bums (hehe) go, but regardless... hard to see Guice as a slam dunk 1.02 anymore.

If you're desperate for help at RB (and those are good odds at 1.02), the 1.02 isn't as exciting as it was 24 hours ago.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:41 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am I am not surprised about Guice not going in the 1st. Especially with teams questioning his character, maturity and what type of teammate he would be rather openly.

Chubb is vastly overrated by this community and probably should be the 6th RB off the board. He should not even be considered in the 1st.

In rookie drafts? Come on. Not even considered? Maybe not on your board, but I think you are vastly underrating him.
...NFL Draft.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:20 pm

A simple google search nets what seems to be the reason. He flunked the interviews apparently. Some teams had red flags on some off the field things, pointing to some immaturity he might have. No idea what, he seems pretty safe. If he ran angry before, sitting in that green room like that might add a little extra motivation for him.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Whats going on with Guice

Postby Triton85 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 pm

A lot of the teams projected to be interested have taken rbs

Detroit went with Johnson, Rojo went to Bucs , Michel to Pats and Chubb to Cleveland (I like this)

I like these picks... but whats it say about Guice falling like this?

zacharyringer12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Whats going on with Guice

Postby zacharyringer12 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 pm

Sounds like immaturity is the main concern for most teams, I think Guice easily looks more talented than a lot of the RBs going right now

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:14 pm

makes me nervous with the 1.02 lol. Hoping its not another Trent Richardson

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Lache Seastrunk 2.0?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:24 pm

You guys worry too much. Guice has shown his talent on the collegiate level. Part of the problem is that he didn’t do a lot of pass catching in college (only 32 catches total in 3 years at LSU). A lot of teams are looking for that RB who has shown more in the passing game, because the game is turning even more into a passing game with the recent RB rule changes. Guice (and other Marshawn Lynch type bruisers) are gonna take a bit of a value hit.

I’m not worried though, as I still plan on taking him at either 1.02 or 1.03. I do hope that a lot of people get down on Guice so I can get him maybe at the mid 1st round.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:27 pm

Unless he drops to day three, I'm not worrying about it.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:32 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:24 pm You guys worry too much. Guice has shown his talent on the collegiate level. Part of the problem is that he didn’t do a lot of pass catching in college (only 32 catches total in 3 years at LSU). A lot of teams are looking for that RB who has shown more in the passing game, because the game is turning even more into a passing game with the recent RB rule changes. Guice (and other Marshawn Lynch type bruisers) are gonna take a bit of a value hit.

I’m not worried though, as I still plan on taking him at either 1.02 or 1.03. I do hope that a lot of people get down on Guice so I can get him maybe at the mid 1st round.
It's not like Chubb and Kerryon were prolific receivers. Nor RoJo for that matter.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:38 pm

The Colts passed on Guice 3 times now in the 2nd round and their owner said publicly they would pick an RB early in the draft. There's definitely reason for concern.