Post 1st round rookie QB rankings?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post 1st round rookie QB rankings?

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:26 am

6 QBs are off the board and have their landing spots. How does this affect their rankings to you? Are there any QBs left you would take ahead of any of the 1st rounders?

Mine-

Rosen ARI- Well Bradford will be hurt between weeks 2-4 and Rosen will have the team. The O-line needs work, but a healthy DJ will take pressure off the young QB and having Fitz for at least another year gives him at least one passer friendly option there. Rosen was my top QB before the draft, and while not a great spot by any means, it wasn't the worst and at least gives him a chance.

Mayfield CLE- As dumb as it may be, after seeing the pick, I actually think Mayfield can do it here. He gets all his quick read short passes to the likes of Landry, Njoku, Duke, and can take shots deep to Gordon. Browns QB though, and not sure I'd actually have the guts to pick this guy as the 2nd QB off the board on my rookie draft days. Tyrod should be serviceable enough to let Mayfield sit a while for once and not rush him in before he's ready, a tried and true method to ruin a QB Cleveland has masters

Jackson BAL- This one was exciting to see at the end of the 1st after a not the most exciting draft for fantasy owners. He gets to sit comfortably behind Flacco, and he was the QB who most needed time. Baltimore can groom him, and acquire assets that gameplan well with his mobility. They traded up to get him, showing faith in their guy as the next potential head of the Franchise. Baltimore's offense also isn't in as rough shape as most of the other rookie QBs new homes.

Darnold NYJ- This one I think was the worst place for a QB with a high turnover rate (both ints and fumbles). No receivers to throw to, not much of a running game to take pressure off. He slid down for me, and I think he's at the highest risk of getting ruined before he develops and busting through not much fault of his own. If Jets can let McKown lead for the year, and turn to Teddy first if needing a change, Darnold may be alright if he doesn't really see the field 2018

Allen BUF- Ouch. And there's really no one for him to sit under, he'll be thrust into the starting lineup behind one of the worst O-lines and receiving corps in the NFL. Bills owners are easily pressured by their fanbase, and AJ McCarron won't lead them long without results. Allen I think will get the earliest shot of the rookies, and he has the arm strength and flash to make something out of nothing at times, but I'm not sure its enough. If he can hold onto his head, he may be a good QB in a few years there with big improvements around him

Rudolph and even Falk I could easily see jumping Allen and Darnold to me with better teams. Everyone got excited when Saints moved up thinking QB behind Brees but then they went linebacker. If Saints or Pats grab a passer in the 2nd round, I will trust their front office's judgement and put them near Jackson
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Post 1st round rookie QB rankings?

Postby Servo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:52 am

Definitely a fan of the Mayfield landing spot...now it just comes down to when can Cleveland dump Hue Jackson. The weapons + talent is there on offense to be competitive.

I also like Rosen landing in Arizona however it's going to be a tough division. On paper, the Rams defense could be horrifying and Seattle should still probably stick around with it's defense.

Darnold, this one's tough, I said to myself that NYJ + BUF were the two worst landing spots of the uber needy teams. They just don't have much on offense to inspire growth yet...maybe Days 2 + 3 can change that.

Allen, really big WOOF for me. Yes, he's already played in Buffalo's late-season weather with Wyoming but you can't tell me that AJ McCarron will last more than half a season and I just don't know if and how Allen will be ready.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:55 am

Mayfield
Rosen
Darnold

Jackson

Allen

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:40 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:55 am Mayfield
Rosen
Darnold

Jackson

Allen
I like that ranking
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Martpe
Captain
Captain

Postby Martpe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Rosen
Darnold

Jackson

Allen
Mine to, maybe I have Mayfield a little “more” above Rosen that visualized here... add 1 space/line then you have it.
Team 1, 0.5 PPR SuperFlex: QB, FlexQB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex
QB: Watson, Herbert (Mariota)
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Dobbins (Akers, K Herbert)
WR: DJ Moore, Woods, Golladay (T Patrick, Shenault, Rondale M, Cephus)
TE: Goedert (Njoku, Bryant, Trautman)
Pick 1.01

Martpe
Captain
Captain

Postby Martpe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Martpe wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:41 pm
Rosen
Darnold

Jackson

Allen
Mine to, maybe I have Mayfield a little “more” above Rosen that visualized here... add 1 space/line then you have it. Mayfield is probably my 1.02 now
Team 1, 0.5 PPR SuperFlex: QB, FlexQB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex
QB: Watson, Herbert (Mariota)
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Dobbins (Akers, K Herbert)
WR: DJ Moore, Woods, Golladay (T Patrick, Shenault, Rondale M, Cephus)
TE: Goedert (Njoku, Bryant, Trautman)
Pick 1.01

Accumen
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Accumen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 pm

1. Jackson: If they're losing early he will be playing shortly thereafter. He is a stud/Flacco is done, I trust coach and I like the double TEs
2. Rosen: Could be day 1 starter, and even if not, an injury could thrust him into the spotlight sooner than later

3. Mayfield: If they're smart, they let Tyrod play all year despite team narrative. I think Baker will be better for having Mahomes treatment
4. Darnold: Still great RBs left and their WRs are more than functional (Hopefully Robby gets off light...)
5. Whoever Patriots draft, especially if Richmond kid

6. Rudolph: Don't see Ben playing more than 2 more years. In fact, I would be surprised if this doesn't end up being his last. Rudolph can play, and I have no doubt he will be a solid NFL player
7. Allen: 50/50, also don't know if I trust his coach with this project, at all...
Team A:
12 team, SF, ppr, yr. 1/complete rebuild
Mariota, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Hill
Saquon, McCaffery, Hunt, Kerryon Johnson, Drake
C. Davis, W. Fuller, Funchess, Sutton, M. Williams, R. Anderson, D. Pettis, DJ Chark, J. Washington, J'Mon Moore, Jaron Brown
Gesicki, Seals-Jones, Herndon, Higbee, Vannett
Taxi: C. Edmonds, Warren, Ito Smith, M. Andrews, J. Moore, Z. Jones

Team B:
12 team, 1qb, ppr, yr. 2
Big Ben, Prescott, T. Taylor, Mayfield
Kamara, Howard, Ajayi, C. Clement, Drake, Royce Freeman, McGuire
M. Thomas, Landry, Fitz, C. Davis, J. Washington, M. Wallace, Bourne
Ertz, Seals-Jones
Jake Elliot
T.j. Watt, Keanu Neal
2018 Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 2.08, 3.06, 3.09, 3.10

Team C:
12 team, SF, .5ppc, ppr, TE prem., Startup
Watson, Flacco, Jackson, McCarron
Cmc, Guice, Carson, Penny, Kerryon, Ronald Jones, Perine, Samuels, B. Scott
Agholor, S. Shepard, Gollady, Ridley, J'mon Moore, Callaway, Mo. Harris, D. Robinson
E. Dickson, Seals-Jones, G. Everett, Herndon

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:48 am

Dynos wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:40 am
Rosen
Darnold

Jackson

Allen
I like that ranking
Me too but I'd have Allen next to Jackson. Jackson's "smarts" scares me.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:09 am

Mayfield
Rosen

Darnold

Jackson/Rudolph

Allen

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed May 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Mayfield

Rosen (prefer Darnold but Rosen landing spot is superior)
Darnold

Allen
Rudolph

Jackson

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon May 28, 2018 7:09 pm

10 Team 2QB Draft Results
1.02 Mayfield
1.05 Darnold
1.06 Rosen
1.07 Jackson
2.01 Allen
3.05 Rudolph

12 Team Superflex Draft Results (In Progress)
1.04 Darnold
1.09 Mayfield
2.01 Rosen
2.05 Lamar
2.07 Allen