Tarik Cohen Fan Club

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tarik Cohen?!?

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 am

"Player has gained 10 pounds of muscle in off season" I always see as a load of bleep. Guy working out in off season typically consists of more strength training anyway. Once training camp starts up and coaches are making them do running, conditioning, agility drills (aka the part of working out that sucks and isn't fun so guys don't typically do it on their own as much) the few pounds he's gained will come off because surprise!! It's never 100% muscle and more muscle retaining glycogen from recovering on heavy loads

I really like Cohen and think he's criminally underrated in ppr leagues. People are acting like he's an undrafted guy who flashed, not someone the Bears traded up to get in the 4th specifically to compliment Howard who isn't a 3 down back (I also like Howard)

If I could get him for even an early 2nd in any of my leagues I'd jump all over that. He's owned by Bears fans in both.... Stellar hit on a 4th/5th round rookie pick in my book
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:46 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 am "Player has gained 10 pounds of muscle in off season" I always see as a load of bleep. Guy working out in off season typically consists of more strength training anyway. Once training camp starts up and coaches are making them do running, conditioning, agility drills (aka the part of working out that sucks and isn't fun so guys don't typically do it on their own as much) the few pounds he's gained will come off because surprise!! It's never 100% muscle and more muscle retaining glycogen from recovering on heavy loads

I really like Cohen and think he's criminally underrated in ppr leagues. People are acting like he's an undrafted guy who flashed, not someone the Bears traded up to get in the 4th specifically to compliment Howard who isn't a 3 down back (I also like Howard)

If I could get him for even an early 2nd in any of my leagues I'd jump all over that. He's owned by Bears fans in both.... Stellar hit on a 4th/5th round rookie pick in my book
Bears fans and own him in my league which is PPR+Return yards, I couldn't be happier to have him locked in as my Flex/RB2 for years to come. Clearly return yards help as he was RB 16 last year, 4 points behind Howard.
As a Bears fan and now that I got his jersey for my birthday, I think he is the only player I wouldn't sell for anything close to to his value. We are talking something that would actually get approved for a veto from the DFL forum members.

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:48 am

Just all the more reason to buy lower on Jordan Howard

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:13 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 am I really like Cohen and think he's criminally underrated in ppr leagues.
I don't see that at all and generally speaking he's been overrated on this forum since his "breakout" at the start of the season. I'm finally seeing some glimpses of common sense in this thread.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:27 am

So much fun to watch, root for, have on your team, etc. But upside will always be limited. And I'll always be selling until I see a reason to expect 200 touches in a season (12.5/game). Sproles's career-high touches was 173 for what that's worth (next-highest season was 146).

Having said, my only dynasty league is non-PPR. PPR he obviously has more value, but I still think he's more hype than actual production. Sucks to say cause I think he's a baller.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:30 am

Things mentioned in this thread:

1) "His weight gain is not a good thing", first people were complaining that he was too small; now adding muscle is a bad thing. Sure, there are cases of it not working out for players - but for a player of Cohen's size I hardly see adding 10 pounds as a bad thing. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Sproles started off his career at basically the same weight that Cohen did and then added ten pounds. I don't care what players who a few dozen pounds heavier to start with did with their weight because it honestly is not a relevant comparison.

2) "Beware of fluff he will get more touches", this could be legitimate coach speak or they could be looking to get him more involved. The off-season moves that the Bears have made seem to be pointing toward a more pass-friendly offense which means good things for Cohen and bad things for Howard. On top of that, Cohen has already been spending time working on route running this offseason. Does it means he is going to be some well-rounded or adept route runner? No, but he just needs to learn some routes that focus on cuts and misdirection; he doesn't need a well rounded route tree to become more of a threat in the passing game. Add in the fact that John Fox is quite frankly, clueless - Nagy is undoubtedly a better hire for a player like Cohen than it was before.

3) "His ceiling is limited", this is due to the perceived lack of touches he will get. Even if he gets around 60-80 carries and 50-70 receptions, that is a very respectable floor - and in a league where the likes of Darren Sproles & Danny Woodhead can be top 5 RB options, I don't see how you can see that his workload limits his ceiling - especially factoring in cost.

4) "Overvalued vs undervalued" - it is hard to get on board with people saying he is overvalued when people are advocating in team advice frequently to sell him for a mid to late 2nd. I would easily rather have a player like Cohen than that mid to late second.

Is Cohen a sure thing to break out? Absolutely not, but no player is ever a sure thing. However, there are reasons to be optimistic about Cohen and his prospects moving forward. Some people will also try to sweep under the rug any concern about Howard but I do not think that is being completely objective.
Last edited by Phaded on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:33 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 am Careful with these offseason blurbs about getting a guy more touches. This talk is common and most often doesn't pan out with these gadget guys that aren't full RBs or full WRs.

See: Dexter McCluster, Antwann Randle-El, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Tavon Austin, Shane Vereen, Dri Archer, Devin Hester, and any Pats receiving back.
My favourite example is when Tre Mason got talked up right before they took Todd Gurley in the NFL draft. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:35 am

Very well could end up being a lite version of the Kamara/Ingram split for both of these guys. IMO they both need a complement to be succesful, I wouldn't trust Howard running any kind of route or catching passes, just like I wouldn't want Cohen trying to truck the ball in from a yard out.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:16 am

I'm sick of all the "Fat Shaming " going on in this thread. :evil:

I put on 15lbs last year and had my greatest season ever :thumbup: :whistle:

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 am Careful with these offseason blurbs about getting a guy more touches. This talk is common and most often doesn't pan out with these gadget guys that aren't full RBs or full WRs.

See: Dexter McCluster, Antwann Randle-El, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Tavon Austin, Shane Vereen, Dri Archer, Devin Hester, and any Pats receiving back.
“most often” is true.

See: Tyreek Hill.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:55 am

azthecrow wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 am

“most often” is true.

Agreed. Tyreek Hill is a great example of where the coach speak matched what happened.

FWIW, I don't think Tyreek will be able to maintain his 2017 production. That was his ceiling. I may be wrong, but I'd be selling if I got a reasonable offer.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:55 am
azthecrow wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 am

“most often” is true.

Agreed. Tyreek Hill is a great example of where the coach speak matched what happened.

FWIW, I don't think Tyreek will be able to maintain his 2017 production. That was his ceiling. I may be wrong, but I'd be selling if I got a reasonable offer.
You’re probably right there. Tyreek was banged up a lot and they did add Sammy too. Hunt and Kelce will hog targets also.
I was also looking at the coach connection between the two when I thought of Hill/Cohen and how Cohen might be used.

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am

Eh I was able to sell him for a 1st this past this season which turned into 1.07, so I still feel good about that. Having said that hopefully he does well for my bro in law who I sold him to.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:49 am

I picked up Cohen everywhere I could last season. And if I get no trade offers for him--so be it. But don't sleep on him--you are deluding yourself if you do

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:58 pm Packing on weight never seems to work out. Anyone else notice that?
I need to bulk up!
Attachments
111.jpg
111.jpg (69.7 KiB) Viewed 272 times