Beast Mode

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Beast Mode

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Sooo, as a Raider fan, I am seeing the Raiders sign a FB, and re-signed their blocking TE Lee Smith. They have indicated they plan to keep Lynch. So if this holds true, it seems as if the Raiders are going to use him much like they did in Seattle. They have OL coach Tom Cable from his Seahawk days, and Gruden has stated they want to implement those types of plays. Lynch was quietly a very good back the 2nd half of the year. Love to hear the take of what people expect, and what they think Lynch is worth to a contender in FF. Go!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Beast Mode

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:00 pm

It certainly seems to suggest Gruden wants a strong run first power offense similar to what they did in Tenn and Jacksonville.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Seeing as Gruden literally said Lynch's best days were behind Michael Robinson, so he wanted to get him a blocking FB and blocking TE; this should not exactly come as a surprise since it is exactly what he said he would do.

With that said, I see a mid to high RB2 max for one year then he retires. Whatever thats worth to you.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:09 am

So we talked a lot a year ago about Lynch and it sounds like owners still didn't learn their lesson? As expected, he was not good in 2017. People wasted first round picks on a guy who was unstartable. A year later expect it to be even worse. A contender should have no interest in Lynch.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:50 am

I just trade Lynch away along with Marqise Lee to move from 1.6 to 1.3.

I think Lynch does have some nice upside this year. It took him a bit to find his legs again last year. But over the final 8 games he was a high producer. I think he scored 110 points over the final 8 weeks. Double that for a season and he was the 11th best scoring RB for the year. That just gives you an idea of what he was scoring, not that I expect that for 16 games.

I think Lynch can be a solid RB2 this year.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:51 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:50 am I just trade Lynch away along with Marqise Lee to move from 1.6 to 1.3.

I think Lynch does have some nice upside this year. It took him a bit to find his legs again last year. But over the final 8 games he was a high producer. I think he scored 110 points over the final 8 weeks. Double that for a season and he was the 11th best scoring RB for the year. That just gives you an idea of what he was scoring, not that I expect that for 16 games.

While I think there's a good chance he just retires again, I think he does have this sort of upside as well. He wasn't that bad last year especially once he got going. I think a lot of it was usage too. They'd get behind and quit giving him carries iirc.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:00 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:50 am I just trade Lynch away along with Marqise Lee to move from 1.6 to 1.3.

I think thats a very good return for you

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:17 am

skip wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:09 am So we talked a lot a year ago about Lynch and it sounds like owners still didn't learn their lesson? As expected, he was not good in 2017. People wasted first round picks on a guy who was unstartable. A year later expect it to be even worse. A contender should have no interest in Lynch.
You didn't watch any Raider games the 2nd half of the year, did you(I don't blame you, it was painful to watch)? He was very good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pl ... lynch/3628
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pl ... urley/9443

The first half Lynch was not all that good. 2nd half he was very good. He averaged 15 PPG the 2nd half of the year.
Pro football focus rating is very good, and that was despite a slow start. He was rated very high in the "elusive" category, as well as broken tackles. Just saying, it was a tale of 2 halves. That's why I think it's an interesting discussion. 2nd half Lynch was useful to the Raiders and FF owners, but which one will we get?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:17 am
skip wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:09 am So we talked a lot a year ago about Lynch and it sounds like owners still didn't learn their lesson? As expected, he was not good in 2017. People wasted first round picks on a guy who was unstartable. A year later expect it to be even worse. A contender should have no interest in Lynch.
You didn't watch any Raider games the 2nd half of the year, did you(I don't blame you, it was painful to watch)? He was very good.

The first half Lynch was not all that good. 2nd half he was very good. He averaged 15 PPG the 2nd half of the year.
Pro football focus rating is very good, and that was despite a slow start. He was rated very high in the "elusive" category, as well as broken tackles. Just saying, it was a tale of 2 halves. That's why I think it's an interesting discussion. 2nd half Lynch was useful to the Raiders and FF owners, but which one will we get?
I'd expect Doug Martin to get a lot more use than Lynch in 2018.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:40 am

skip wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:35 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:17 am

I'd expect Doug Martin to get a lot more use than Lynch in 2018.
I expect quite the opposite. Lynch is by far the superior RB and Gruden has been quite clear about using him. Martin may get some light work, but he's a far inferior back. As a fan of the team, I have to say the only reason I saw them bringing Martin is that he is a veteran, and Gruden likes having veteran presence on his team. He's arguably the 4th best RB on their current roster.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 pm

I agree that Martin is likely a vet signing, but I am not sure I would call Richard or Washington better than him.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:35 pm

I would like to see Martin cut after week 2 of preseason

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:09 pm

He disappointed fantasy owners statistically, but personally I was surprised at how Lynch looked last year; surprised in a good way. PFF graded him very well. Lynch is playing good football.

I think Martin was only signed as halfhearted insurance against Lynch being Lynch and suddenly announcing retirement or something. I won't be shocked if Martin doesn't make the 53-man roster. Until I see details of his one-year contract that indicate otherwise, I suspect he's a camp-body.
Phaded wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 pm I agree that Martin is likely a vet signing, but I am not sure I would call Richard or Washington better than him.
I think it's probably safe to favor the 24-year-old that earned the best elusive rating in the league in '16 and is averaging 5.5 ypc the last two seasons over the 29-year-old that's averaged 2.9 over his last 280 carries.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:36 pm

Not sure how you can name the number of carries for Martin in the same breath while conveniently ignoring the other two. Martin had more carries in an injury riddled two years than Washington & Richard did the last two years combined.

I am shocked you would mention ypc or elusive rating based off such a small and quite frankly irrelevant number of carries.

Not saying Martin is gonna bounce back or even play well, but acting like those other two are anything special is just silly.

The fact is, none of the three are relevant for fantasy.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:17 pm

And it does appear Lynch will be staying in Oakland now that he's got his roster bonus.

I figured he was gone, but I guess we'll see how things shake out between Lynch, Martin, and and the rest of the field.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku