Jeremy Hill

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Jeremy Hill

Postby Lssd2012 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:15 am

Love the landing spot, has a good chance to immediately take over the Blount role (what Gillislee shouldve been) with an even higher ceiling due to his ability to catch out of the backfield. \

Just three years ago he was considered the overall RB1 in dynasty due to his plus size, versatility but most importantly, his vision between the tackles. As a bengals fan myself, I myself thought he could be the second coming of Leveon Bell going into the 2015 season. Since then, he's been banged up and has been splitting carries with Bernard / Mixon playing under one of the most inept organization in the history of sports. He has no doubt shown poor performance recently but in the NFL, anything can happen and players can go from irrelevant to relevant very quickly. If the patriots have shown interest, should dynasty owners as well?

Furthermore, I just can't see Burkhead starting ahead of Hill. Maybe its the bengals fan in me, but it would just seem ludicrous if Burkhead got more playing time when in the past, Hill had clearly shown more talent in practically all phases of the game when they were on the same environment (i.e. teammates on Bengals).
Last edited by Lssd2012 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jeremy Hill

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 am

Lssd2012 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:15 am Love the landing spot, has a good chance to immediately take over the Blount role (what Gillislee shouldve been) with an even higher ceiling due to his ability to catch out of the backfield. \

Just three years ago he was considered the overall RB1 in dynasty due to his plus size, versatility but most importantly, his vision between the tackles. Since then, he's been banged up and has been splitting carries with Bernard / Mixon playing under one of the most inept organization in the history of sports. He has no doubt shown poor performance recently but in the NFL, anything can happen and players can go from irrelevant to relevant very quickly. If the patriots have shown interest, should dynasty owners as well?
Your post is full of factual statements and an honestly optimistic look at what could be a nice little reclamation project. But let's not kid ourselves: the fact that NE signed him means nothing more than if ANY other team signed him, not in terms of him being a hidden gem. For every Dion Lewis or Chris Hogan, there are many more Michael Floyds, Dwayne Allens, Martellus Bennetts, Philip Dorsetts, Kenny Britts, Steven Jacksons, etc.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FoleysFolly
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FoleysFolly » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:30 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 am
Lssd2012 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:15 am Love the landing spot, has a good chance to immediately take over the Blount role (what Gillislee shouldve been) with an even higher ceiling due to his ability to catch out of the backfield. \

Just three years ago he was considered the overall RB1 in dynasty due to his plus size, versatility but most importantly, his vision between the tackles. Since then, he's been banged up and has been splitting carries with Bernard / Mixon playing under one of the most inept organization in the history of sports. He has no doubt shown poor performance recently but in the NFL, anything can happen and players can go from irrelevant to relevant very quickly. If the patriots have shown interest, should dynasty owners as well?
Your post is full of factual statements and an honestly optimistic look at what could be a nice little reclamation project. But let's not kid ourselves: the fact that NE signed him means nothing more than if ANY other team signed him, not in terms of him being a hidden gem. For every Dion Lewis or Chris Hogan, there are many more Michael Floyds, Dwayne Allens, Martellus Bennetts, Philip Dorsetts, Kenny Britts, Steven Jacksons, etc.
Damn, so true and well said.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:58 am

He was a borderline cut for me prior to this signing. This just cemented it for me. I'd rather let someone else have to guess at the one or two games where he's fantasy relevant.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:34 am

Now might be the only time you can sell him. There will be a believer in every league and maybe, just maybe, you can eek out a late 2nd or 3rd for him. Doubtful but shop him around and take anything you can get.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:03 am

I think he holds some value. Yea, it's a toss up, but I think he could pan out. Not all of us are lucky enough to have Gurley, David Johnson, and Zeke on our team to start. Lol. I took over an orphan team last year and I have been scrapping my way back to relevancy. Still a good ways to go but I will sit Hill on my bench and see what he turns in to. If nothing, I drop him. No harm no foul. If he hits, all the better. I personally think he has some upside.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:56 am

A year ago, Mike Gillislee was being hyped for similar reasons. Gillislee never ran for 1000+ in a season, but they're similar players.

Acidjazzzz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Acidjazzzz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:00 am

Burkhead signing a multi year deal isn’t good for him as Burkhead is mostly better at everything, but if Burkhead misses any time he could have some TD upside as a backup. Id see if I could get a 2nd for him if not might just wait it out and see if a flip opportunity presents itself inseason
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:08 am

I think if he is back to full health this may be a good re-start for him.
He will have to tread lightly and figure out the “Patriot way” first, to fit In with the team.
I hated that he landed there but it might turn out to be the best possible place to carve out a role.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:10 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:56 am A year ago, Mike Gillislee was being hyped for similar reasons. Gillislee never ran for 1000+ in a season, but they're similar players.
Gillislee was also the most efficient RB the year before (on limited touches of course). Hill also has a major fumbling problem and not knowing where to run that he is for some reason getting a pass on. He will be in Bill Belichick's dog house by week 3.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 am

All of the Gillislee love last off season was absurd and I lost track of the number of threads trying to point that out. Maybe owners will be a lot more reasonable regarding Hill. He will have value but limited. I find it rather interesting the two opposing viewpoints when it comes to the Patriots RBs. It seems every time they sign one there is a buzz yet when it comes to starting anyone it may be the most hated backfield among fantasy owners. I don't get it. This is a solid signing for the NFL team, not so much for a fantasy team. I own Hill and there were places I'd much rather have had him sign like the Jets or the Colts.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 am

I think it's a great landing spot. Yes, they rotate backs but it's a fresh start for a 25 year back who once was pretty good.

Most importantly for me, he played for arguably the worst coach and offensive line in football. Maybe even worse than Fisher. Lewis sucks as a coach and has screwed up many careers. Other than Green, who has been a decent fantasy player on the Bungals? Maybe Eifert a long time ago. He's ruined every receiver they've ever drafted.

Fresh start, motivated and New England is looking for a bigger back. I'm holding to see what happens. Garbage to Gold baby!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:02 pm

jtsmalls wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 am I think it's a great landing spot. Yes, they rotate backs but it's a fresh start for a 25 year back who once was pretty good.

Most importantly for me, he played for arguably the worst coach and offensive line in football. Maybe even worse than Fisher. Lewis sucks as a coach and has screwed up many careers. Other than Green, who has been a decent fantasy player on the Bungals? Maybe Eifert a long time ago. He's ruined every receiver they've ever drafted.

Fresh start, motivated and New England is looking for a bigger back. I'm holding to see what happens. Garbage to Gold baby!
What are you smoking? What receivers has Lewis ruined? Ross is really the only guy that comes to mind. The team has outperformed expectations regularly.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Remember when the Bengals had and developed a WR core of AJG, Marvin Jones & Sanu?

Pepperidge farms remembers.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 am

Looking at Hill's contract, it looks very team friendly:
1 year, $1.5M with $150k guaranteed. $1M Base salary, $50K workout bonus, and $300K/game roster bonus.
Could easily be a cut if they dont like him.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5