General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Moncrief

Postby gausec » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 am

skip wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:03 pm
skip wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:53 pm Not to mention this is also a team that nearly beat the Patriots in the AFC championship game this season. As much as fantasy owners love to hate on Bortles, he was still a pretty big component in getting them there. Perhaps Moncrief is also seeing this as an opportunity to play for a winning franchise with Superbowl aspirations.
Now Skip, you know I love and respect you. But this is flat out not true. He was the best of a very bad group of QBs, on a completely stacked roster. They called plays to do everything they could to keep the ball OUT of Bortles' hands and not let him lose the game.

They didn't even trust him to manage the game. It was more like, a family is out camping and the parents both get bitten by venomous snakes. Dying, they give the car keys to their 8-year old son. Yes, those dying parents let their child drive the car, because it was their ONLY option, but you better believe they weren't letting him take extra excursions, detours to grab McDonald's, etc. And as soon as they are healthy enough (a better option at QB arises), you better believe they're gonna rip those keys out of their kid's hand.
You make it sound like they did everything without him. But someone was throwing the football to that meh receiving corps (other than ARob). And the point of the thread is why Moncrief picked the Jaguars... Because they are a winning club. I know everyone is excited about who signs with the 49ers. Great (maybe) for fantasy but that's not a team going anywhere fast. Same with a lot of these teams with WR needs.
Idk if I would say SF isn't going anywhere fast, with Jimmy they ran the table. Not saying this will go 16-0 but they look poised to make a playoff push.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 am

My main glimmer of hope for Moncrief is that he can be the main RZ wide receiver. He's by far their biggest wideout (20+ lbs on everyone, and a couple inches), and he also has the biggest vertical/catch radius per playerprofiler.

Sure would be nice if the Albino Tiger showed up again lol

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am

Jax didn't have a WR in the top 32 in overall fantasy points or even average fantasy points. Yes, there were a couple of guys who flashed here and there, but none were ever startable on a weekly basis. I think it's fair to say that Bortles isn't a very friendly fantasy QB for WRs.

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am Jax didn't have a WR in the top 32 in overall fantasy points or even average fantasy points. Yes, there were a couple of guys who flashed here and there, but none were ever startable on a weekly basis. I think it's fair to say that Bortles isn't a very friendly fantasy QB for WRs.
That's my QB man! Haha But yes I agree, even with the injuries to Hurns down the stretch Lee wasn't as impressive as some were probably anticipating.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:10 am

I agree on the red zone threat. As much as injuries derailed him the last 2 years, he has shown to be valuable around the goalline.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:46 am

Moncrief might play like 150 snaps all season.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 am My main glimmer of hope for Moncrief is that he can be the main RZ wide receiver. He's by far their biggest wideout (20+ lbs on everyone, and a couple inches), and he also has the biggest vertical/catch radius per playerprofiler.

I think that 6'6" 270 lb TE they have will still handle that role
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:14 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 am
Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 am My main glimmer of hope for Moncrief is that he can be the main RZ wide receiver. He's by far their biggest wideout (20+ lbs on everyone, and a couple inches), and he also has the biggest vertical/catch radius per playerprofiler.

I think that 6'6" 270 lb TE they have will still handle that role
FWIW - Lewis (60th percentile) still has a lower catch radius than Moncrief (87th percentile). NTM a 34 yr old Lewis would be lucky to hit 5 TDs again, that's his most since 2010. It was an outlier year for him, he's a JAG, and an old JAG at that.

When healthy, Moncrief is a far better RZ weapon than Lewis.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 am

His athleticism has never been a question, his ability to play and catch an actual football is another story...... Spoken from a Colts fan that is still mad we drafted him with Devonta Freeman on the board.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Anything to see for Chester Rogers in Indianapolis following this move ? Sure they'll address this need in the draft but i'm intrigued. The fact that he couldn't win WR2 job over a bad Moncrief and Aiken doesn't make me optimistic either.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 pm

More excited for Krishawn Hogan! Patience.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Jpalladino91 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm :sick:

At least no one can argue when people call him a jag anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap:
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:04 pm

It's a prove-it deal, of course, at one year for seven million.

Seven mil on the books for '18 makes him the frontrunner to start in 2-wide sets alongside Lee. In the event he impresses in '18, theoretically he could immediately jump to another team in '19.

...and that's all the silver-lining I can argue.

More than likely, Moncrief is done mattering to us in dynasty. Despite the seven mil, I consider it plausible Moncrief falls behind one or both of Cole and Westbrook on the depth-chart. In a run-first offense. With a terrible quarter-back. smh

edit: Excuse me, 9.6 million, fully guaranteed. I think I know now why Moncrief went to Jax and not some other statistically friendlier situation.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:12 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 am His athleticism has never been a question, his ability to play and catch an actual football is another story...... Spoken from a Colts fan that is still mad we drafted him with Devonta Freeman on the board.
Thats because they still wanted to believe in T.Rich (sorry to add the salt)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:30 pm

We only ever got a Pro Day 40 and bench-press reps from Trent Richardson. He never did any agility or explosion drills, Combine or Pro Day.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE