Mitch Trubisky

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mitchell Trubisky now?

Postby joeday » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 am He's being set up for success the same way Carson Wentz was last year. Now we just need to see what he does with it.
I think Goff is a better comparison.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:54 am

Generic Username wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 am
JFever wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 am I do however still think that they are likely to finish up in the basement of the NFC north.
What kind of basements you dealing with that require going up to get to?
:lol:
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm

I picked up Trubisky in both of my leagues last year, mainly because he was dropping in the draft. I never like when a team changes offensive systems on a guy with a lot of development to do. Goff put up points last year, but he still has glaring holes in his game that McVay was able to scheme around. Goff is just another Bortles to me at this point.

Trubisky showed some promise last year and Fox's scheme was embarrassingly simplistic, so it's possible that Trubisky is able to take on a new offense without stunting his growth long term. Nagy working with Alex Smith is also a positive on that front as I think Bradford is the only other guy that has as much experience with changing offenses early in their career. I wouldn't want to be counting on Trubisky to turn the corner, but I wouldn't bury him yet either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Mitch Trubisky

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm

He's still only 12 games in or so but it's been an ugly start. What are the long term thoughts on him?

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Mitch Trubisky

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm still a believer. It's obviously not been a brilliant start, but he's showed some great moments. The Bears are too good as a team to pick early and draft a stud replacement, and with no first round picks for the next two years, I think they're planning to give Mitch the length of his contract to develop.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:05 pm

I am not a Mitch believer. Yes hes still young and he has time to turn it around but the game doesn't seem to be slowing down for him at all and hes still making many mistakes without making many big plays. Time will tell but I just sold Anthony Miller despite the high praise on him in part because I don't believe Trubisky is the man

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:08 pm

He is starting to remind me of a better Tannehill. He will be a better NFL QB than fantasy. As Gordon's dealer stated above, he's likely going to get the next 3-4 years to develope on a great team. The Bears have a great defense, a very good running game and now solid receivers. He has flashed upside but also made some boneheaded throws, as expected from someone who hasn't started many games. I think calling it an ugly start is unfair to the kid. His leading receiver from last year, Kendall Wright, can't even find a job right now. He had nothing but Schwarber-like stone handed receivers last year and a coach and OC living in the 90s. I don't think you can make any conclusions based on last year. Through 2 games it's been a mixed bag so far but I've seen enough flash to make me hopeful. We'll see where he's at week 8 and whether Nagy trusts him enough to open up the downfield play book a little more.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Never been a fan.
Even with that said - it is still early.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:36 pm

I've always been a fan and we can completely discount last year's debacle that was the Chicago offense without a single viable receiving weapon. They fixed that this year and also have made the wise choice by giving Howard the lion's share of touches and keeping Cohen off the field. This season will be much more of a rookie year than last. I'd be buying while he still comes cheaply.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 pm

I wouldn't want him as my QB1, but with job security and decent players around him I think he'll be a perfectly fine QB2 for the next number of years.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm

I think he'll be fine. This is the second pro offense he's had to learn in two years, which is not ideal.
People forget how slowly many franchise quarterbacks started off in their careers, Peyton threw 58 INTs his first three years in the league.
Rodgers was awarded 3 whole seasons to sit and learn behind Favre.
Rivers sat two full seasons behind Brees, and his first year starting was nothing unbelievable as they utilized LT and Rivers threw for only 3,300 yards (about 206 per game).
Eli sucked his first year starting, and so did Carson Wentz for that matter. I remember people were writing him off as a bust after his rookie year, same with Jared Goff.

Patience is needed for QBs. I think a very wide range of outcomes is still available. One of the biggest positives for a young QB is how his teammates view him, and almost everything I have heard has been positive from his Chicago teammates. I think we will start to see improvement as this year goes along, and by next season he'll be safely in the QB2 conversation possibly more.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:59 pm

I bet the Bears wish they didn't trade up to 1.2 to grab him. They could've hung at 1.3 and off the off chance that the Niners sniped or let another team trade in to snipe, then Chicago could've hung at 1.3 and settled for Mahomes or Watson.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:14 pm

jordanzs wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:59 pm I bet the Bears wish they didn't trade up to 1.2 to grab him. They could've hung at 1.3 and off the off chance that the Niners sniped or let another team trade in to snipe, then Chicago could've hung at 1.3 and settled for Mahomes or Watson.
This I agree with. They absolutely did not need to reach there.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Trubisky changing offensive systems after one year will stunt his development. He came out early and learning offenses isn't a solid use of his time. I agree that the Bears management will stick with him for a while, but will they stick with Nagy? I suspect if Trubisky gets another new system to learn he's done.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:12 pm

I'm one of his biggest defenders but he just looks bad. His deep ball is attrocious. Seems like 90% of his completions are dumpoffs or screens.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins