Mitch Trubisky

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mitch Trubisky was simply dreadful

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:48 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:51 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:14 pmthe only real reasons anyone listed that answered my question were that he looked poised, seemed like a gamer, had good mobility, and showed good accuracy...everyone else basically said bah humbug or stated reasons why he sucked not why he should be better going forward or what they saw in his 2017 season that led them to believe in him.
I'm curious since you're rejecting all the arguments people have made for Trubisky improving/developing in 2018. What are some things that you don't like about his play and/or his situation that lead you to believe he will be bad or at best mediocre going forward?
have not rejected any, not once have i said no that's inaccurate or that someones point was invalid, it just seems there aren't many points being made at all. lots of excuses though.

I think many of the excuses being made are reasons why i don't see promise.

A. supporting cast, his team stinks and that is of no benefit to him. How are his weapons going to improve? sure getting meredith back is nice but he was a player who appeared from thin air seemingly and we dont really know if hes a true #1wr, or Kevin white (nobody knows what he can do other than get hurt), Shaheen a nice TE prospect but from a small school and had extremely little usage as a rookie even after Miller was lost to injury. After that it is just assumed they will sign the biggest names in FA but who knows if they land anyone...

B. Lack of experience, he was a starter for 1 season in college and now has 12 games of pro experience and i haven't been impressed by his output (also known as stats, which i know some don't like that i would dare to reference). Even in his 13 games as a starter he faced only 5 ranked teams, and playing embarrassingly in 1 of them where they lost to VT 34-3. 58 yards on 33 attempts and 2 INT. Seems like his 1 season as a starter in college was a freaking roller coaster, games like the one i just mentioned and then games like the one vs Pitt where he threw for 5 TDs

C. Coaching change, not many were thrilled with the previous coach but I don't know much about the new coach people are hyped on. From limited research it seems like hes a career backup qb who has very little coaching experience but people are getting enamored by him being the OC for KC for 5 weeks (from what i understand Reid was play calling thru a 6-5 start..nagy was on board but wasn't in charge it doesn't seem... and then turned the reigns over to Nagy who averaged 28 points a game and the team finished 4-1 (very nice but very limited sample size).
He could be a great coach, an offensive mastermind, and a QBs dream...but i gotta wait and see and think too many assume this is a giant fix.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm

A. supporting cast, his team stinks and that is of no benefit to him. How are his weapons going to improve?
LOL, with that logic I imagine you would have said that Robert Woods wasn't worth the money or Marquise Goodwin shouldn't even be employed. There will be decent talent in the Free Agent pool this year, and the Bears should be a midly-attractive place to go.

B. playing embarrassingly in 1 of them where they lost to VT 34-3. 58 yards on 33 attempts and 2 INT. Seems like his 1 season as a starter in college was a freaking roller coaster, games like the one i just mentioned and then games like the one vs Pitt where he threw for 5 TDs
LOL, the same game that they were playing as hurricane Matthew was battering the eastern US?

C. Coaching change, not many were thrilled with the previous coach but I don't know much about the new coach people are hyped on. From limited research it seems like hes a career backup qb who has very little coaching experience[/quote]
LOL, since when does having NFL experience = a requirement to be a coach? Man, Doug Peterson must have won countless Super Bowls while he was QB1 for Philly/GB and put up HOF stats!! Sean McVay was one of the best kick-returners in recent memory too!

I'm not defending Trubisky's year, as I already mentioned in my post above but don't come out and bash people's takes when your own are just as bad.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Sigh on the creator of this thread. I’m not going to light you up because I being constructive to new players helps the community as a whole. Trib is going to have a jared Goff turnaround in year 2. Nagy was the guy everyone wanted in the shanny/mcvay mold and he chose Chicago in part because they have a true franchise qb which is always step one. As long as Chicago can get a couple nfl worthy people to catch the ball he will be fine. None of Chicago’s options last year collectively would have started for 31 other teams.... it was that bad
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 pm

This thread need to die...any rookie QB getting thrown in the fire is excused. Just stop. He will be a great QB
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed, Bateman
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.07, 2.06, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: Achane, K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 0.0 (Blutarski)
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 am

Servo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm A. supporting cast, his team stinks and that is of no benefit to him. How are his weapons going to improve?
LOL, with that logic I imagine you would have said that Robert Woods wasn't worth the money or Marquise Goodwin shouldn't even be employed. There will be decent talent in the Free Agent pool this year, and the Bears should be a midly-attractive place to go.

B. playing embarrassingly in 1 of them where they lost to VT 34-3. 58 yards on 33 attempts and 2 INT. Seems like his 1 season as a starter in college was a freaking roller coaster, games like the one i just mentioned and then games like the one vs Pitt where he threw for 5 TDs
LOL, the same game that they were playing as hurricane Matthew was battering the eastern US?

C. Coaching change, not many were thrilled with the previous coach but I don't know much about the new coach people are hyped on. From limited research it seems like hes a career backup qb who has very little coaching experience
LOL, since when does having NFL experience = a requirement to be a coach? Man, Doug Peterson must have won countless Super Bowls while he was QB1 for Philly/GB and put up HOF stats!! Sean McVay was one of the best kick-returners in recent memory too!

I'm not defending Trubisky's year, as I already mentioned in my post above but don't come out and bash people's takes when your own are just as bad.
[/quote]

first someone said i rejected all reasons, now you claim i am bashing the opinions of others.... would love for you guys to point when these things took place. I'm a FF nut and making conversation about an obviously polarizing player being that he is a super unknown but went extremely early in the draft. I'm very sorry i dont feel the same as you all about said player. Don't make false claims and paint me in a bad light because i have my own opinions, even if you feel they are very bad or very wrong.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Mitchell Trubisky now?

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:11 am

What are people's thoughts on Mitchell Trubisky right now after the moves the Bears are making?

What's the potential ceiling you see for him over the next few years? QB1 potential? Or is that crazy to even consider after he threw for 7 TD's and 7 Int's his rookie year?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Mitchell Trubisky now?

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 am

He's being set up for success the same way Carson Wentz was last year. Now we just need to see what he does with it.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 am

Not quite the same way as Wentz last year. But, Yeah, still, these moves should help. Too early to say much with confidence. I'm not a Bears fan in the least, but, that doesn't blind me to the events of the last few days. I think they are making nice moves, they are attempting to help the progression of Trubisky. What he'll be able to do at the NFL level, is yet to be seen. We know that the Bears invested high draft capital and are now adding talent to their skilled positions. Their Oline was already decent, they were a very inept offense for much of last year. Their defense needs help in a big way, but, it does appear that now, the offense might be able to score some points. If nothing else, they are trending in the right direction. It's premature to say too much about things we couldn't know. I do however still think that they are likely to finish up in the basement of the NFC north.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:33 am

I agree, he's definitely being given the tools required to be a good QB, but you still have to be good at what you're doing even when you have the tools. Unfortunately, I didn't see enough last year to make that determination yet. Coming out of college, I thought he would end up being a good QB and now he has that opportunity to show if he will be. If I had to guess, I think he has a shot at being a low-end QB1 or high-end QB2.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 am

With the lack of receivers and inspired offense on the Bears last year, I don't think we saw enough to judge him. It's conceivable that he takes some steps and becomes a startable QB with ARob now, but I'm not expecting him to become the next Wentz or Goff.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

diesel
Starter
Starter

Postby diesel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:48 am

Didn't see enough last year, so after the first couple weeks of this season we should have a better idea.
16 Team PPR IDP
QB- Jimmy G Rivers Foles
RB- Bell Elliott Conner Michel
WR- Mi.Thomas Thielen Diggs D.Johnson Hardman Jo.Brown Lazard
TE- Hurst Fant Olsen Howard

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 am

JFever wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 amI do however still think that they are likely to finish up in the basement of the NFC north.
I heard a guy in a podcast say they are a Wild Card team. I nearly fell over in laughter. I'm no expert, but I know enough, and the Bears won't have a chance as long as Stafford, Rodgers, and Cousins are on the field.
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 am

Never Veto wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 am
JFever wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 amI do however still think that they are likely to finish up in the basement of the NFC north.
I heard a guy in a podcast say they are a Wild Card team. I nearly fell over in laughter. I'm no expert, but I know enough, and the Bears won't have a chance as long as Stafford, Rodgers, and Cousins are on the field.
I would say there is a 5% chance. I agree CHI is still last in the NFCN, but the defense was already quite good last year and a bit underrated. It will all fall on how quickly / well Trubisky develops.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 am

JFever wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 am I do however still think that they are likely to finish up in the basement of the NFC north.
What kind of basements you dealing with that require going up to get to?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 am

Generic Username wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 am
JFever wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 am I do however still think that they are likely to finish up in the basement of the NFC north.
What kind of basements you dealing with that require going up to get to?
Maybe they’re moving from subfloor 3 to subfloor 1?