Barkley - Outside of Cleveland

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Barkley - Outside of Cleveland

Postby TheEastWest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 am

No possible way Barkley makes it past Colts at #3.
Put it in the books .
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:24 am

Blackout wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 am
Phaded wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am A lot of people have talked for a long time like Barkley is a lock for top 5, I did not think that was the case and still feel that way. If he fell out of the top 10 I would be shocked.

I want him to go to TB.

If he slides to 10 and the Raiders take him, I will cry.
Out of joy of course :ewink: Chances are thin though. I think the coin toss lost versus the Niners (thanks Woodson) could be a "drama" in this way. Absolutely no chance GIants, Colts, Bucs, 49ers all pass on him. I see the Bucs as the very last choice (and my preference)
Actually would not be out of joy.. As great a prospect as Barkley is and as good as it may be for fantasy, means nothing if we cannot stop anyone. Defense is a disaster.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:41 am

This signing of Hyde and the attempts to extend Duke mean that they are passing on Barkley...and that's ok. I think it's the right move.

The Browns are doing everything they can in Free Agency to build the team they want. That is ABSOLUTELY the right move for them to do when they have that much cap space. And then they can fill in gaps with the rookie picks. I think they draft a defensive player and their QB of the future with picks 1 and 4 in some order.

Barkley may slip. I doubt he'd slip past the Colts at 3. But, then again, I was surprised that Adrian Peterson slipped to #7 that year. So, you never know.

Barkley is still the stud we all thought he'd be. The Browns are just making the right choices for their team. My hat's off to them.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am

TheEastWest wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 am No possible way Barkley makes it past Colts at #3.
Put it in the books .
Wouldn't be so sure about that. Lots of chatter that the Bills and Colts are talking trade for picks. IF Luck is actually healthy, I could easily see the Colts move #3 to the Bills for #12 & #21 plus a couple later picks.

There's a very good chance Barkley is there at #4, but if you want to actually improve your team, and not your fantasy team, the Browns will take Fitzpatrick or Bradley Chubb at #4.

Or maybe now that Joe Thomas has retired, they trade back to the Bills and select McGlinchey at #12. Never know.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am

Could still see Barkley going to the Browns very easily with an agreement to what others had stated with the similarities to the Murray deal. The Browns still have tons of cash to use. Also I can't see the Browns being as appealing of a home with the loss of Thomas and being that his replacement is straight dog💩. NFL is ever changing and the Browns OLine has quietly been studly for years and losing Thomas will be a big blow in that evaluation. I would hope for Tampa.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Dabbin' Benjamin' wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am Browns could still be in contention for Barkley. Duke could be traded.
To me, the Hyde signing suggests that Cleveland is all-in on a QB with the 1st pick. Next year's draft doesn't project to be strong on QB's, so now is the time if they want their guy. They do not want to potentially miss out on another young franchise QB. Barkley may very well be a generational talent, but revamping an NFL franchise still comes down to the QB. Having a great RB is awesome, but it's not a necessity to be a Super Bowl-caliber team.

I don't see Barkley getting past the Colts at 3. I'm starting to think the Giants will go QB at 2 as well. Eli is a legend for them, but you need an escape plan. Having the #2 pick in a QB heavy class isn't going to come around again.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:40 pm

^ Yeah but are the QB options truly generational? I'm guessing they can get Josh Allen at 4.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:40 pm ^ Yeah but are the QB options truly generational? I'm guessing they can get Josh Allen at 4.
I was thinking this way too, but I think Cleveland is more focused on getting the right QB than simply getting "a" QB.

Is Josh Allen a better QB prospect than Sam Darnold? I don't think so. If they believe that too, then I'd rather have Darnold/BPA than Barkley/Rosen or Allen

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 pm

He's a bigger arm and has way better intangibles to me. More tough mentally and worked with basically nothing at Wyoming.

I understand that isn't the consensus, but I thought I read they liked Allen a while back.

If it was me I would go Barkley/Minkah/Lauletta and take a gamble there or get your franchise guy a year from now with Tyrod as the stopgap. But, I am a Lauletta truther.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 pm He's a bigger arm and has way better intangibles to me. More tough mentally and worked with basically nothing at Wyoming.

I understand that isn't the consensus, but I thought I read they liked Allen a while back.

If it was me I would go Barkley/Minkah/Lauletta and take a gamble there or get your franchise guy a year from now with Tyrod as the stopgap. But, I am a Lauletta truther.
Allen seems like more of a project while Darnold seems more prototypical in the tools/intangibles/productivity you want from a QB.

But regardless, they have to get this pick right. There will be more chances to get a stud RB than there will be to get a stud QB.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm

TheEastWest wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 am No possible way Barkley makes it past Colts at #3.
Put it in the books .
As a Colts fan I would like to see this, but I also don’t think it is as big of a lock as one might think. If the Browns go QB at 1 and the Giants donor don’t goQB at two, doesn’t that mean that the Colts are sitting in a palace to make a fortune by trading back? The Colts are more than one player away from being competitive and they need more picks... like mentioned elsewhere, wouldn’t a trade back with the Bills for their 2 1sts and more make sense?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm
jman3134 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 pm He's a bigger arm and has way better intangibles to me. More tough mentally and worked with basically nothing at Wyoming.

Allen seems like more of a project while Darnold seems more prototypical in the tools/intangibles/productivity you want from a QB.

But regardless, they have to get this pick right. There will be more chances to get a stud RB than there will be to get a stud QB.
It sounds crazy but they should take both. It'd be nice to get another defensive piece but the reality is if they can't find a QB then none of the other stuff matters, and if they do find a great QB then they are a playoff team regardless. This team just needs to get to that point before they start worrying about filling every little hole.

Take Darnold at 1, Allen at 4. They are the perfect match with one being more pro ready and one being a project. If Darnold hits then Allen will still have tons of trade value a few years from now, and if Darnold busts then Allen has had those few years to develop that everyone thinks he needs.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm It sounds crazy but they should take both. It'd be nice to get another defensive piece but the reality is if they can't find a QB then none of the other stuff matters, and if they do find a great QB then they are a playoff team regardless. This team just needs to get to that point before they start worrying about filling every little hole.

Take Darnold at 1, Allen at 4. They are the perfect match with one being more pro ready and one being a project. If Darnold hits then Allen will still have tons of trade value a few years from now, and if Darnold busts then Allen has had those few years to develop that everyone thinks he needs.
It sounds crazy, and I really doubt there's any what Cleveland would do this.

But you know, in a way I hear what you're saying. Everyone talks about the (very real) need for NFL teams to have that franchise QB to build around and the difficulty of finding that guy to be the face of your team. With the bust rate of QB's coming into the league, if that is really your one glaring need as a team why not take two bites of the apple in hopes of landing a gem a the position.

If they take one QB, and he's a bust then how much closer are you to relevance than when you started your 2018 pre-draft process? Not much. As I say, I doubt they'd ever consider trying something like this, but I don't think it's as crazy or far-fetched as you'd think on first glance.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Accumen
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Accumen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 pm

AlPal&Ange wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am I still think there is a decent chance that Barkley is a Brown. Hyde's deal seems to be front loaded... reminds me a touch of the Murray & Cook tandem in Minnesota. It might be an attempt to save Barkley's legs for year 5-6 of his career when they're more so in their window, rather than 2018. Although it could insinuate that the browns might take a RB like ROJO or Michel in R2.

If he's not a brown I would put my money on the Giants
yep, maybe even trade 4 back to bills
Team A:
12 team, SF, ppr, yr. 1/complete rebuild
Mariota, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Hill
Saquon, McCaffery, Hunt, Kerryon Johnson, Drake
C. Davis, W. Fuller, Funchess, Sutton, M. Williams, R. Anderson, D. Pettis, DJ Chark, J. Washington, J'Mon Moore, Jaron Brown
Gesicki, Seals-Jones, Herndon, Higbee, Vannett
Taxi: C. Edmonds, Warren, Ito Smith, M. Andrews, J. Moore, Z. Jones

Team B:
12 team, 1qb, ppr, yr. 2
Big Ben, Prescott, T. Taylor, Mayfield
Kamara, Howard, Ajayi, C. Clement, Drake, Royce Freeman, McGuire
M. Thomas, Landry, Fitz, C. Davis, J. Washington, M. Wallace, Bourne
Ertz, Seals-Jones
Jake Elliot
T.j. Watt, Keanu Neal
2018 Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 2.08, 3.06, 3.09, 3.10

Team C:
12 team, SF, .5ppc, ppr, TE prem., Startup
Watson, Flacco, Jackson, McCarron
Cmc, Guice, Carson, Penny, Kerryon, Ronald Jones, Perine, Samuels, B. Scott
Agholor, S. Shepard, Gollady, Ridley, J'mon Moore, Callaway, Mo. Harris, D. Robinson
E. Dickson, Seals-Jones, G. Everett, Herndon

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 am

I'm guessing, but with the Browns releasing their best CB today, I could them going with Minkah at 4 if he's still available. Just a guess, but it makes sense.