Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Allen Robinson 2018 Outlook

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 am

raiders444 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 am As a Kevin White owner who has been diligently stashing him on my bench now for 3 years, hoping for that break out to finally happen...does this signify the end? I take it Robinson likely moves into the #1, Meredith #2. White is built more like an outside receiver, not so much a slot guy but who knows. Just hoping he can one day put up even 60-800-5
Best guess right now is ARob and White outside, with Meredith in the slot. That's assuming Meredith isn't on another team this year. The Bears tendered him at his original round (undrafted), so they just get the opportunity to match any offers he gets in FA, with no draft pick compensation if they don't match. Seems like a bad sign for what the Bears think of him if they weren't willing to pay $1M more to tender him at the 2nd round level instead.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am

Arob, Howard, Trubisky are all in a better situation
White, Meredith are in a more questionable situation

On Sammy
Sammy and Mahomes are in much better situations
Tyreek situation is now worse

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 am

Great landing spot for ARob. Happy about this.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 am

skip wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 am I really like this landing spot for Robinson. Trubisky was the top QB in his class, Chicago moved up to make sure they got him, but they provided him with no weapons. And the one decent WR they did have went down. ARob immediately fills a major need and gives the sophomore a solid #1. Assuming Meredith is ready for camp, they should have a solid 1-2 and ideally even Kevin White can stay healthy enough to contribute this season more than a handful of plays.
Came here to say this exact thing. Chicago was one of the best landing spots for any WR. Everyone wrote Goff down as a bust after one year, all of a sudden he gets a competent HC and he's a highly valued asset. I believe Chicago will have a similar situation as the Rams. I obviously don't expect them to be a break out, 30 ppg playoff team, but I do expect them to run an offense that actually fits today's NFL & actually put competent pass catchers around their franchise QB.

As a Lions fan, this makes me nervous. I was hoping CHI would take a rookie WR and it would take him at least two yrs to create magic with Trubisky. Adding a proven talent like ARob means that CHI will be force feeding him the rock. I expect 130--150 targets for ARob, his efficiency will determine what he actually does with those targets. I for one expect big things.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 18
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 12
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 am

I would have preferred ARob in SF, but at least he's the top option in Chicago on a team that looks to be trending upward. Just depends on whether or not they let Trubisky throw the ball or not.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 am

Mitch is 23, ARob is 24, Howard is 23, Cohen is 24, Meredith is 25

What is not to like?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 am

guyatwork37 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 am I would have preferred ARob in SF, but at least he's the top option in Chicago on a team that looks to be trending upward. Just depends on whether or not they let Trubisky throw the ball or not.
Every mock I see has the 49ers taking defense or O-Line with the 9th pick. But why not go Courtland Sutton there? I'm a big Raiders fan and that's what they did a few years ago draft carr and then pairing him up with Cooper the next season
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 am

raiders444 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 am
guyatwork37 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 am I would have preferred ARob in SF, but at least he's the top option in Chicago on a team that looks to be trending upward. Just depends on whether or not they let Trubisky throw the ball or not.
Every mock I see has the 49ers taking defense or O-Line with the 9th pick. But why not go Courtland Sutton there? I'm a big Raiders fan and that's what they did a few years ago draft carr and then pairing him up with Cooper the next season
They may very well do that. I think a lot of the mock drafts assumed one of the key WR free agents would go to SF. Now that none have, anything is on the table I'm sure.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am

I think this is kind of a "mid" landing spot. Not a dream spot where his value blows up like SF or GB would have been, but a whole lot better than being back in Jax or landing on the Browns.

It sounds like a lot of people aren't bumping him up compared to where his value would have been were he on the Jags, and in that case he's probably a buy. People will point to Trubisky's poor fantasy production and of course there is a (large) risk that Trubisky doesn't develop and ends up being a bust, but there is a huge difference between a rookie QB with no weapons that puts up bleh numbers and has a lot of room to improve vs. a 4th year guy like Bortles who we can mostly close the book on at this point.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am I think this is kind of a "mid" landing spot. Not a dream spot where his value blows up like SF or GB would have been, but a whole lot better than being back in Jax or landing on the Browns.

It sounds like a lot of people aren't bumping him up compared to where his value would have been were he on the Jags, and in that case he's probably a buy. People will point to Trubisky's poor fantasy production and of course there is a (large) risk that Trubisky doesn't develop and ends up being a bust, but there is a huge difference between a rookie QB with no weapons that puts up bleh numbers and has a lot of room to improve vs. a 4th year guy like Bortles who we can mostly close the book on at this point.
Don't forget the coaching change. I hope Trubisky is Goff all over again.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am

kamihamster wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 am
Vcize wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am I think this is kind of a "mid" landing spot. Not a dream spot where his value blows up like SF or GB would have been, but a whole lot better than being back in Jax or landing on the Browns.

Don't forget the coaching change. I hope Trubisky is Goff all over again.
I hope so...I scooped up Trubs in a Superflex at the end of the season for 1.12/2.05/2019 2nd...feel much better about it now!
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am

From a PPR standpoint, this probably isn't Hope Diamond value that most felt SF would bring, but it's certainly gold to be the true #1 option with a young franchise QB

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 am

This is a great landing spot for Allen Robinson. Not happy as a Vikings fan. But, I'm happy for him.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks to the voices of reason since ARob inked with the Bears. DD, Skip, Henry1jg, and anyone else who's on board with this being a perfectly fine destination for a young WR1. As was very nicely summarized my Mefisto a page or two ago, Chicago's 2017 offense was a dumpster fire primary due to a lack of talent (secondarily due to the crap offense of the thankfully deposed John Fox).

Trubisky didn't show poorly for a rookie QB at all, in fact I thought he played fairly well considering the adversity around him. And he was considered one of the QB's least ready to start coming into the league. Now you bring in a bona-fide stud WR in Robinson who will dominate targets, pair that with a solid running game in Howard/Cohen, a promising young TE in Shaheen and the recently signed Tre Burton and you're building a nice core. If the Bears get anything from Meredith or White that will be a bonus, though I'm not expecting much production from either assuming they're even on the opening day roster.

The Bears aren't done remaking their offense, and at least they've got a solid offensive mind in Nagy running the ship. Just because Robinson didn't get paired with the latest "QB savior" in Jimmy Garoppolo, or future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers (which was a pipe-dream anyway) doesn't mean this is doom and gloom for ARob.

IF the overriding negativity regarding this signing (and Watkins ending up in KC for that matter) is the prevailing attitude in my leagues, I suppose I've just found two WR's I'm going to be targeting heavily to see if I can get them at a discount.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:58 am I've generally found that when people starting saying something along the lines of "I'm entitled to my opinion so this is what I think," they don't have much else to support said opinion.

Ignoring that aspect, ARob is easily worth a 1st. He would be worth a 1st even if he only produced at his 2016 WR3 level for the next 4-5 years, which is unlikely. He's a very talented receiver who should at least be able to produce at a WR2 level going forward. The guy was a WR1 two "played" seasons ago.

I'd peg ARob's value somewhere between two and three 1sts. I'd definitely pay two but wouldn't pay three, especially after landing on the Bears.
lol you guys are way too serious about this, I don't like A-robs landing spot. I would have preferred and liked his upside with another team,preferably the pack or the miners. Why is this so hard to comprehend?