Ring of Fame

Re: Allen Robinson 2018 Outlook

Postby whodunnit » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:14 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 am

Who?
Baby Gronk
Who are you referring to? I mean his real name? Didn't know there was a baby Gronk o the bears. Last time I heard that nickname it was Kelce a few years back.
Yeah, it changes every couple years hoping they hit.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:13 am

Definitely, don't see it as a terrible move, he's going to a team that invested in an Offensive HC, with a good OL (even with Kyle Long being injured it seemed like all season) + run game.

Wasn't Robert Woods a "Lol" signing last year? I think the sentiment is that in order for Robinson to showcase his 2015 self, he needed to get out of Jacksonville and at least he's done that.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:03 am I couldn't help but look into his post history to see if he was just trolling or if he was serious and just a few weeks ago he advocated spending a 1st+2nd on Jimmy G in a non-superflex league and here he's saying ARob isn't even worth a 1st.

As for the topic at hand, i'm pretty surprised people think it's a bad spot. I think at the very least it's an upgrade from Jax (well, hoping it is) and I don't think the Packers were ever a real possibility.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Kevin White in all of this, lmao. (edit: now someone has!)
First of all if you're going to scrutinize someone's post atleast know what you're talking about. I never said Robinson wasn't worth a first,i said I could never get that in my league becuse they hang on to them like gold. I don't see Robinson being worth a first now because he landed with the bears, this is an opion based game we play right or wrong. As far as jimmy g? Yeah I would give a first and second for him in a two quarterback league. Remeber it's an OPNION. Not everyone is right about everything in fasntay,
Last edited by Raymond1974 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 am

Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:03 am I couldn't help but look into his post history to see if he was just trolling or if he was serious and just a few weeks ago he advocated spending a 1st+2nd on Jimmy G in a non-superflex league and here he's saying ARob isn't even worth a 1st.

As for the topic at hand, i'm pretty surprised people think it's a bad spot. I think at the very least it's an upgrade from Jax (well, hoping it is) and I don't think the Packers were ever a real possibility.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Kevin White in all of this, lmao. (edit: now someone has!)
I never said Robinson wasn't worth a first

I don't see Robinson being worth a first
:shock:

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:23 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 am
Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 am

I never said Robinson wasn't worth a first

I don't see Robinson being worth a first
:shock:
pre bears yes. With Bears no in my opinion. With his possibly landing with the 49ers or the pack he was worth a first in my opinion. What would be wrong without a first and second for jimmy g in a two qb league? If Allen Robinson is worth a first jimmy g surely is worth a first and a second. Once again in my OPINION
Last edited by Raymond1974 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:26 am

I'd love to get Arob for a late first. I offered the owner in my league 1.08 + D.Parker but got told lolno.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 am

Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:23 am What would be wrong without a first and second for jimmy g in a two qb league?
The topic was NON-Superflex. So 1 QB...

So now I'm curious, which 12 rookies would you draft over ARob this year.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 am

i didn't realize it was a one qb post. what makes you think Robinson is worth a first? Are you just going by potenial or his new situation?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 am

Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 am i didn't realize it was a one qb post. what makes you think Robinson is worth a first? Are you just going by potenial or his new situation?
Well for starters if he was in this draft class he'd be the best WR.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 am

skip wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 am I really like this landing spot for Robinson. Trubisky was the top QB in his class, Chicago moved up to make sure they got him, but they provided him with no weapons. And the one decent WR they did have went down. ARob immediately fills a major need and gives the sophomore a solid #1. Assuming Meredith is ready for camp, they should have a solid 1-2 and ideally even Kevin White can stay healthy enough to contribute this season more than a handful of plays.
Totally agree!! I think this is a very good landing spot and a chance to develop chemistry with a young QB. I am going shopping for ARob as much as I can based on these comments...
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:58 am

I've generally found that when people starting saying something along the lines of "I'm entitled to my opinion so this is what I think," they don't have much else to support said opinion.

Ignoring that aspect, ARob is easily worth a 1st. He would be worth a 1st even if he only produced at his 2016 WR3 level for the next 4-5 years, which is unlikely. He's a very talented receiver who should at least be able to produce at a WR2 level going forward. The guy was a WR1 two "played" seasons ago.

I'd peg ARob's value somewhere between two and three 1sts. I'd definitely pay two but wouldn't pay three, especially after landing on the Bears.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am

Not a huge fan of Trub, but I do like him better than Bortles. As the true WR1 on a team that will not win a whole lot, I am optimistic.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 am

As a Kevin White owner who has been diligently stashing him on my bench now for 3 years, hoping for that break out to finally happen...does this signify the end? I take it Robinson likely moves into the #1, Meredith #2. White is built more like an outside receiver, not so much a slot guy but who knows. Just hoping he can one day put up even 60-800-5
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:15 am

As a Bears fan and ARob owner I am extremely excited for all parties involved.

I'm sure most of you didn't get forced to watch every Bears game last year (if you were lucky you didn't watch any) so let me explain why. First, Trubisky's best WR as a rookie was Kendall Wright. What we saw every game was Trubisky throwing surprisingly accurate passes in tight windows that would bounce of every receivers' hands. It was infuriating. We started joking Trubs should aim for their face masks and hope to get it stuck in there. They'd likely have had a better catch rate that way. ARob now goes into a situation where he's the clear cut #1 WR and he will get a lot of accurate targets. He won't have to worry about balls being throwing 10 yards above his head by Bortles. His sticky hands and Trubs accuracy are like peanut butter and jelly. It's going to be beautiful. The only question in my currently sleep deprived head is whether ARob can remain healthy. If he can, watch out!

Also, it's been so long since i've been on this board. Long time no see y'all!
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 am

I just tossed out an offer of Trey Flowers (DE) + 1.09 for ARob based on some of these comments. Here's hoping!
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker