General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2018 RB rookie discussion

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:36 am

Defender wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:17 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:52 pm
Defender wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:23 pm Combine Affect: How it should be...

Riser:
Bo Scarborough RB17–>RB14 (& jumped up a tier)
[mostly speed/weight combo]

Faller:
Kerryon Johnson RB5–>RB8 (same tier)
[mostly light weight]

Every RB in my rankings, aside from the two listed above, are in exact same place now as they were right before the Combine. It is meant to give clarity, not dictate your rankings.
Why would Scarborough be a riser? He did the one thing he can do, which is be pretty athletic.
Perhaps I was being to harsh on the guy in the first place, but I didn’t see that athleticism pre-combine. The important thing isn’t that he is a riser, it’s that he is now my RB14 in this class. Do you rank him lower?
Oh dang, haha you're definitely not a Bo-S truther! Nvm we are in agreement. He's not special.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:56 am

He climbed my board because I thought he looked slow and lethargic with the ball in his hands. Combine said otherwise, I watched some more tape.. he isn't anything special
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 am

I'm in need of RB in most of my leagues and the combine raised a few red flags on a couple guys. I was strongly considering Jones at 1.05 in a couple of my leagues, but i feel like he doesn't have the body type to be a potential 3 down back and he wasn't much of a pass catcher at USC so i'm bit skeptical. Kerryon Johnson is completely off my board i don't see what people see in him. First of all he came in at only 213 lbs, he looked bigger on tape. I was already skeptical because he lacks speed and explosion from i what saw. Then he only did 11 BP Reps which is pretty low for an inside runner. Lastly he didn't want to run the 40 which confirms my theory of lack of speed and his not much of pass catcher so i don't know.

Royce Freeman and Rashad Penny helped their stocks and i was already a fan of both these guys because they had 3Down potential. Not too many are talking about John Kelly and Mark Walton after their combine performance, I guess people were expecting more explosion from those guys. I like the tape on John Kelly he's strong and shifty and i think he has the potential to become a 3down back as well. Mark Walton is fast on tape but didn't display that at the combine and has pass catching abilities. Depending on the landing spot I'm looking at these guys in the 2nd Round which is where i had them before the combine
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm

So I decided to watch Chubb pre injury highlights just so I could see if I was able to spot the difference pre and post injury. And there are 2 notable differences.

1 Pre injury when he cut he didnt really slow down. It was a quick cut and he didnt lose his speed. Post injury when he cuts he slows down a little. That could be a combination of him losing that step everyone talks about and also my next point.

2 At times he tucks his legs under him when about to make contact. This looks like a mental tick. He might be very scared of having someone roll up on his knee and being hurt again. This also leads to him going down easier than pre injury.

So what are the chances he ever comes back 100% from that injury? Or is this the best its going to get? I have doubts about Guice. I think he is being overrated. So I want to dig on some other players for my 1.02 pick.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm

I think the more he plays the more confidence he will build and the closer to 2014(?) he will get. At the combine he proved he has the physical ability, the more he proves that to himself the better he will get. His size adjusted speed must be something wicked, plus he had some insane burst scores to go with it. When I watched him he looked like a great running back with not as great athleticism, after the combine I think the athletic problem is more his mental than his body. I (as many others) thought that michel was the lightning and chubb was the thunder... Chubb at 15 lbs/ heavier ran a faster 40. I know its different than in game with pads, but dont dismiss Chubb's athleticism and work ethic
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Very little talk about Rashad Penny and Royce Freeman in this unbelievably long thread.

Personally, I have Penny & Freeman in tier two along with Guice, Chubb, RoJo, Michel, & K Johnson. I think all of these guys will be picked on day two or earlier, so I'll let landing spot be the tie breaker for me. I will say that if Penny, Freeman, or Chubb end up in an optimal location, I'll be salivating.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 18
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 12
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm So I decided to watch Chubb pre injury highlights just so I could see if I was able to spot the difference pre and post injury. And there are 2 notable differences.

1 Pre injury when he cut he didnt really slow down. It was a quick cut and he didnt lose his speed. Post injury when he cuts he slows down a little. That could be a combination of him losing that step everyone talks about and also my next point.

2 At times he tucks his legs under him when about to make contact. This looks like a mental tick. He might be very scared of having someone roll up on his knee and being hurt again. This also leads to him going down easier than pre injury.

So what are the chances he ever comes back 100% from that injury? Or is this the best its going to get? I have doubts about Guice. I think he is being overrated. So I want to dig on some other players for my 1.02 pick.
Lots of people really like Guice. Move back a few spots and get a guy you want, and grab some more picks or a player you like.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:15 pm

henry1jg wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:05 pm Very little talk about Rashad Penny and Royce Freeman in this unbelievably long thread.

Personally, I have Penny & Freeman in tier two along with Guice, Chubb, RoJo, Michel, & K Johnson. I think all of these guys will be picked on day two or earlier, so I'll let landing spot be the tie breaker for me. I will say that if Penny, Freeman, or Chubb end up in an optimal location, I'll be salivating.
I like Penny's film way more than Freeman's. Freeman doesn't really have the cutting ability that Penny has to me. Freeman has a much more "rounded" change of direction.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:02 pm

I have Freeman and Penny in my tier 3 now and I like them. I wasn't sure if either of them would be in that tier prior to the combine. But, I also had them tagged in the back of my mind that if they had a strong performance there, I'd move them up one tier. I didn't have anyone else in that tier tagged as such.

Chubb was solidly in the 3rd tier prior to the combine. But, I had him tagged in my mind as a guy who could move up a tier with a strong physical showing.

Rojo was in my tier 3 and he dropped a tier for me. He looked slow at the start of the first 40 that he ran and then came up limp at only 205 pounds. I'm not impressed. Seems like a guy who will be a complimentary piece and/or special teamer in the NFL at best.

Michel wasn't as fast as I was expecting. But, he's slippery and he's a gamer. I have him in my tier 2. But Chubb leaped into that tier with him and I have Chubb ahead of him now.

Chubb has all the skills to be elite in the NFL. He fought his way back from a terrible injury. But, he is getting better and better as time passes from that injury. And pre-injury, he looked better in college than Todd Gurley to me on the same team. This guy has game. And, though I still have Guice as #2 on my board, I wouldn't fault anyone for taking Chubb ahead of him. They are both great potential 3 down RB's. I don't buy the "Guice didn't catch passes in college so he can't in the NFL". LSU doesn't use their RB's like that. He could easily be a 30-40 catch RB in the NFL and that's if he's just an average pass catcher at best.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm surprised at how many people have dropped Rojo after he pulled a hamstring while running his 40. Effectively, nothing has changed, but he's dropped down almost unanimously because of the combine where he didn't even participate. I was never in love with Jones but still liked him enough as a prospect, but I may not be on the lower end anymore compared to the consensus.

This isn't just directed at you kris, I've seen Jones dropped down quite a few times now.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:20 pm I'm surprised at how many people have dropped Rojo after he pulled a hamstring while running his 40. Effectively, nothing has changed, but he's dropped down almost unanimously because of the combine where he didn't even participate. I was never in love with Jones but still liked him enough as a prospect, but I may not be on the lower end anymore compared to the consensus.

This isn't just directed at you kris, I've seen Jones dropped down quite a few times now.
Weighing only 205 at 6 feet tall has me more worried than not participating in the drills at the combine. I swapped Penny and Jones in my personal rankings after Jones weighed in so light and Penny killed it in almost everything. They're #4 and #5 in my rankings

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:01 pm

IBall2 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:20 pm I'm surprised at how many people have dropped Rojo after he pulled a hamstring while running his 40. Effectively, nothing has changed, but he's dropped down almost unanimously because of the combine where he didn't even participate. I was never in love with Jones but still liked him enough as a prospect, but I may not be on the lower end anymore compared to the consensus.

Weighing only 205 at 6 feet tall has me more worried than not participating in the drills at the combine. I swapped Penny and Jones in my personal rankings after Jones weighed in so light and Penny killed it in almost everything. They're #4 and #5 in my rankings
I stand corrected. For whatever reason I was completely ignoring the height/weight portion. I agree.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:09 pm

By looking at Rojo I think he has room to add on weight, but the question is will he be able to keep his speed if he does bulk up, and if he can't will the extra power be worth it?

But as it stands he is #6 behind Chubb, Michel, and penny. But still in the same tier, a higher weight and 4.43 or less on the 40 could have him go up a few spots, same with landing spot.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:37 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:01 pm
IBall2 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm

I stand corrected. For whatever reason I was completely ignoring the height/weight portion. I agree.

This ^^^

It's not that a hammy pull has dropped him for me. It's that he was only 205 and didn't look particularly explosive in the 40 before he pulled his hammy. There are enough other RB's in this class that I like who have the height/weight ratio you look for in a long term RB in the NFL to warrant dropping RoJo behind guys like Penny and Freeman.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:08 pm

I read somewhere that RoJo had tweaked his hammy before the combine but chose to try to push through it. I wouldn't consider any of his 40, even the first half.
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku