Lamar Jackson as a WR

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Lamar Jackson as a WR

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 am

No team at all expressed interest in Jackson as a WR

ESPN completely made the storyline up and admitted it. I’m glad that org is dying
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

HundPRM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby HundPRM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:34 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:47 am
Nanananananana wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm If you read any comments on Twitter or forums on Jackson being asked to do WR drills a lot of people see it as racist. It’s been a hot topic so to see stories come out on a site like CBS Sports, that you would think might have higher standards, with this fake news just for clicks is ridiculous!
There's nothing remotely racist about asking Lamar Jackson to be a WR
I disagree.
12 Team PPR Dynasty
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex
QB: Tom Brady - Deshaun Watson - Nick Foles
RB: Melvin Gordon - Devonta Freeman - Jay Ajayi - Marshawn Lynch - Lamar Miller - Kalen Ballage
WR: Alshon Jeffery - TY Hilton - Emmanuel Sanders - Marvin Jones - Josh Gordon - DeVante Parker - Jordy Nelson - Sterling Shepard - Dede Westbrook - Antonio Callaway - Isaiah Ford
TE: Tyler Eifert - Eric Ebron - Tyler Kroft - Gerald Everett

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:25 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:15 pm Don't forget about Braxton Miller.
Wasn’t McKinnon a college QB? Or am I thinking of a different RB from that class?
The standard is the standard.

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Defender wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:25 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:15 pm Don't forget about Braxton Miller.
Wasn’t McKinnon a college QB? Or am I thinking of a different RB from that class?
He was an option QB. He threw 36 passes: https://www.foxsports.com/college-footb ... ayer-stats

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:05 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 am No team at all expressed interest in Jackson as a WR

ESPN completely made the storyline up and admitted it. I’m glad that org is dying
So is this report not accurate anymore
one team (and it takes only one team) asked for Jackson to work out as a receiver when his jersey number and position were called out during a meeting with Scouting Combine officials that occurred early in the week. It’s possible that other teams would have made the request; however, once one team does, the process moves on.

Then, the scout assigned to that player’s group communicates to the player the request to work out at a different position, and the player responds with a “yes” or a “no.” In this case, the group scout asked Jackson to work out as a receiver, and Jackson declined.
All in all I think it was a bit silly for Jackson not to do the workouts. I understand why he didn't but it struck me as a bit immature and I feel like he might be getting some bad advice without an agent around (that felt weird to say lol). I mean that has to be almost unheard of, a person not doing workouts out of spite? You would think he'd want to put his best foot forward (his athleticism) in what is essentially a job interview. I fear he may have hurt his draft stock some with the "take my ball and go home" mentality.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:44 pm

I don't think much of him as a QB, late 3rd round developmental guy at best but I'm sure there's a handful of teams who would gladly use a top 25 pick on him.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:27 pm

HundPRM wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:34 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:47 am
Nanananananana wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm If you read any comments on Twitter or forums on Jackson being asked to do WR drills a lot of people see it as racist. It’s been a hot topic so to see stories come out on a site like CBS Sports, that you would think might have higher standards, with this fake news just for clicks is ridiculous!
There's nothing remotely racist about asking Lamar Jackson to be a WR
I disagree.
Please explain. If a quarterbacks best strength (arguably) is their speed and athleticism and not their accuracy, why wouldn't a team want to see what he can do as a receiver? From Lamar's perspective it doesn't make sense to do anything other than QB, but if a team has already written him off as a passer why not request to see him as a receiver?

Race has nothing to do with this.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Is it racist? Maybe. And this is coming from the guy who hates when the racism sticker gets automatically plopped on to things (Jemele Hill is the WORST). I personally can't justify having him switch for any of the standard reasons (see more below), so I don't think its out of the question that racism is at least there on the fringes.

Of all the guys that transitioned, I think Jackson is the best QB of the bunch, and by a good notch. Hes got more arm strength than any of them by a mile (maybe Im wrong but thats my impression right now) Question is of course, does his QB game translate to the NFL? Is he the right personality type to be that leader?

On the flip side, could he be a good WR, where theres less of that need for intangibles and you can just be good at what you do? I don't know, but I think he's shown more than enough at QB to be not only given a shot, but to merit a high pick, at QB. Not to mention, hes said he wont try out for WR, which in itself should really answer the question.

Edit: I think bottom line is the team that picks him is picking a QB.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:38 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 pm Is it racist? Maybe. And this is coming from the guy who hates when the racism sticker gets automatically plopped on to things (Jemele Hill is the WORST). I personally can't justify having him switch for any of the standard reasons (see more below), so I don't think its out of the question that racism is at least there on the fringes.

Of all the guys that transitioned, I think Jackson is the best QB of the bunch, and by a good notch. Hes got more arm strength than any of them by a mile (maybe Im wrong but thats my impression right now) Question is of course, does his QB game translate to the NFL? Is he the right personality type to be that leader?

On the flip side, could he be a good WR, where theres less of that need for intangibles and you can just be good at what you do? I don't know, but I think he's shown more than enough at QB to be not only given a shot, but to merit a high pick, at QB. Not to mention, hes said he wont try out for WR, which in itself should really answer the question.

Edit: I think bottom line is the team that picks him is picking a QB.
I agree with everything you said except for racism being on the fringes. There is zero evidence. Only assumptions about what people may or may not be thinking. I've never listened to Jemele Hill for any length of time, but I'm betting this isn't much different than her pointing fingers at other things.

The guy is an unbelievable athlete (potential 4.3 40 it sounds like). If someone just doesn't think he has it as a QB they're going to want to see him at receiver. This has nothing to do with skin color.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:48 pm

mckinnon was a qb, but mainly a wildcat back that threw a bit
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06