2018 RB rookie discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2018 RB rookie discussion

Postby pierson242 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 am

Oriorden wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:56 am My biggest concern with putting Michel up in that tier 2 is that he fumbled so often....something like once every 50 touches. Rookies get yanked quickly for that. He needs the opportunity to show what he can do and won’t if he keeps fumbling.
He had 2 fumbles last year, Guice had 1. Dont know if i consider two fumbles a problem. He struggled Freshamn year a litttle but has improved on it every year since.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:02 am

sammyz wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:08 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 pm
Phaded wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:31 pm

I do not think PFF is an excellent source personally..

With that said.. How come the highest scores are not the highest ranked? Seems kind of flawed..
Those scores are grading their performance in 2017 and not looking at them ability-wise. The rankings are them projecting/looking forward.
That's a pretty dumb way to rank players...
Not sure what you mean. Generally players are ranked by how we think they'll do in the NFL. Do you have a secret, new way to rank players?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:06 am

pierson242 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 am
Oriorden wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:56 am My biggest concern with putting Michel up in that tier 2 is that he fumbled so often....something like once every 50 touches. Rookies get yanked quickly for that. He needs the opportunity to show what he can do and won’t if he keeps fumbling.
He had 2 fumbles last year, Guice had 1. Dont know if i consider two fumbles a problem. He struggled Freshamn year a litttle but has improved on it every year since.
Now theres some context on Michels fumble rate I hadnt heard. Thank you.

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:02 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Those scores are grading their performance in 2017 and not looking at them ability-wise. The rankings are them projecting/looking forward.
Not sure what you mean. Generally players are ranked by how we think they'll do in the NFL. Do you have a secret, new way to rank players?
I mis-read what it was referring to. I thought those rankings were only looking at 2017 performance and NOT looking at how well they would be thought to do in the NFL. I think including ability is important as it seems is done, I mis-read that.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:43 am

sammyz wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 am
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:02 am

I mis-read what it was referring to. I thought those rankings were only looking at 2017 performance and NOT looking at how well they would be thought to do in the NFL. I think including ability is important as it seems is done, I mis-read that.
Simple misunderstanding, no worries here.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:04 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 am So I just offered my 1.06, 2.10, and 2019 1st for the 1.02 to have a better chance of hitting on an actual stud RB in Guice or Michel if he astounds the combine and gets a better landing spot

What do ya'll think? With my roster in team 1, is going from pick 6 to pick 2 worth a late 2nd and future 1st?

Probably have a few hours to pull it based off feedback. Team advice liked the trade, but I feel you guys here are more knowledgeable 1st round RBs by a good margin
I don't like the trade for you to be honest - but I'm of the opinion it goes Barkley.. then Guice, then everybody else.
I would keep the 1.02.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:04 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 am So I just offered my 1.06, 2.10, and 2019 1st for the 1.02 to have a better chance of hitting on an actual stud RB in Guice or Michel if he astounds the combine and gets a better landing spot

What do ya'll think? With my roster in team 1, is going from pick 6 to pick 2 worth a late 2nd and future 1st?

Probably have a few hours to pull it based off feedback. Team advice liked the trade, but I feel you guys here are more knowledgeable 1st round RBs by a good margin
I don't like the trade for you to be honest - but I'm of the opinion it goes Barkley.. then Guice, then everybody else.
I would keep the 1.02.
So Phaded likes the trade for you.
I'm curious if you could do the 1.06 + Miller to trade him off before he loses value? You'd be replacing him with Guice and he doesn't start anyway. I'm always skeptical when trading off future picks with all the unknowns.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 pm

^^Yes, you are right. I thought he had the 1.02 and was offered that, misread.
Thanks for clearing that up. lol

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:04 pm

I would keep the 1.02.
So Phaded likes the trade for you.
I'm curious if you could do the 1.06 + Miller to trade him off before he loses value? You'd be replacing him with Guice and he doesn't start anyway. I'm always skeptical when trading off future picks with all the unknowns.
No one other than MAYBE Lamar Miller's mom is dropping down from 1.2 to 1.6 for him.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:28 pm

So after Chubb impressed and Michel had just a decent performance at the combine today, I went back and watched both backs vs Alabama. The game that dropped Chubb and elevated Michel to me.

What I saw was when Chubb was in, it was a run up the gut that Alabama saw coming a mile away. When Michel was on the field, the LBs played back a little more and almost started to drop back into coverage before quickly changing and pushing forward to stop Michel. The lanes Michel ran through were mostly much larger than the ones Chubb saw. Actually it seemed to my untrained eye that Chubb was met with a wall of defenders. I have only watched tape this year. So I am brand spanking new at this. Am I wrong in what I saw? If I am please educate me. Because Chubb is rocketing up my board to the Guice tier.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:28 pm So after Chubb impressed and Michel had just a decent performance at the combine today, I went back and watched both backs vs Alabama. The game that dropped Chubb and elevated Michel to me.

What I saw was when Chubb was in, it was a run up the gut that Alabama saw coming a mile away. When Michel was on the field, the LBs played back a little more and almost started to drop back into coverage before quickly changing and pushing forward to stop Michel. The lanes Michel ran through were mostly much larger than the ones Chubb saw. Actually it seemed to my untrained eye that Chubb was met with a wall of defenders. I have only watched tape this year. So I am brand spanking new at this. Am I wrong in what I saw? If I am please educate me. Because Chubb is rocketing up my board to the Guice tier.
You are spot on.

Michel is a play maker. He was used as the Kamara in Georgia and Chubb was used as the Ingram, which defenses knew. Who was the better RB? Who's better for the NFL? I think both will be excellent RB's, with the fantasy stats being potentially higher in PPR for Michel. But, Chubb is a potential bell cow in the NFL. There aren't too many of those. And, prior to injury, Chubb would have been the clear #2 in this draft and he'd have been giving Barkley a run for his money.

My only concern about Chubb was the question of whether he could ever get back to his pre-injury form. He keeps getting better and better every month removed from that injury. I now have very little concerns. Chubb will rise up NFL boards after his performance yesterday.

My tier 2 in this draft prior to the combine had just Guice and Michel. I'd now gladly move Chubb up one tier to be with those other two. And then choose an order based on the draft and landing spot.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:16 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 am
Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:28 pm So after Chubb impressed and Michel had just a decent performance at the combine today, I went back and watched both backs vs Alabama. The game that dropped Chubb and elevated Michel to me.

You are spot on.

Michel is a play maker. He was used as the Kamara in Georgia and Chubb was used as the Ingram, which defenses knew. Who was the better RB? Who's better for the NFL? I think both will be excellent RB's, with the fantasy stats being potentially higher in PPR for Michel. But, Chubb is a potential bell cow in the NFL. There aren't too many of those. And, prior to injury, Chubb would have been the clear #2 in this draft and he'd have been giving Barkley a run for his money.

My only concern about Chubb was the question of whether he could ever get back to his pre-injury form. He keeps getting better and better every month removed from that injury. I now have very little concerns. Chubb will rise up NFL boards after his performance yesterday.

My tier 2 in this draft prior to the combine had just Guice and Michel. I'd now gladly move Chubb up one tier to be with those other two. And then choose an order based on the draft and landing spot.
Ok awesome. Glad I wasnt seeing something that wasnt there. So my next question is can Chubb be a true 3 down back in the NFL? Can he be used in the passing game or is more of a 2 down thumper? Michel was great in the passing game so it makes sense he was used in that role.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:42 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:16 am

Ok awesome. Glad I wasnt seeing something that wasnt there. So my next question is can Chubb be a true 3 down back in the NFL? Can he be used in the passing game or is more of a 2 down thumper? Michel was great in the passing game so it makes sense he was used in that role.
I think Chubb was used in that role due to Michel excelling in that role. Like Guice, he should be fine catching some balls out of the back field. Will he be a 50+ catch guy? Doubtful. But, I see no reason to believe that teams would shy away from using him in their passing game.

He's not running a full route tree like Barkley is...but Barkley is just ridiculous in his skill set. In many drafts Chubb would compete as a top overall draft pick in rookie drafts. This draft is amazing. I could see Chubb falling to the 4th or possibly 5th pick depending on if a WR slides in and if Michel goes to an offensive scheme that will utilize him as a "Kamara". But, I couldn't argue with Chubb at #2 either. It's a nice draft for RB needy teams.

I hold the 1.6 pick and was hoping for Chubb to fall to me. With Chubb's performance at the combine and RoJo's hammy, that probably isn't possible any more and I'm going to have to trade up to the #3 or #4 pick to get him.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 am

Im debating Chubb or Guice at 1.02. I guess landing spot is what everything hinges on at this point.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Chubb/Guice/Michel could all fight for 1.02 with draft position and landing spot imo