14 Team Superflex with Devy. Pick a Side...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick a side...

Gurley/Dak
26%
Wentz/Barkley/the 2.14
74%

Total votes: 23

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

14 Team Superflex with Devy. Pick a Side...

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 am

Todd Gurley/Dak Prescott
or
Carson Wentz/The 1.01 (Barkley)/The 2.14
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 14 Team Superflex with Devy. Pick a Side...

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 am

Wrong subforum... Sorry.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:19 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 am Wrong subforum... Sorry.
Coogan would have a field day.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:26 am

I was thinking the same thing.

-Booger McFarlland

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:33 am

Post the teams that would affect this
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:50 am

Without laboring over a team list here it is in a nutshell...

The team getting Wentz needed QB help as they only have Cousins and McCown on their roster but have a couple of viable RB's in Ingram and Miller to compliment Barkley.
The the team getting Gurley has depth at QB with Watson and Mariota but no RB's to speak of with RB's like Gore and Yeldon leading his backfield.

-Booger McFarlland

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:05 pm

i need to know the teams.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 pm

When I give the mods here a hard time, it's because of threads like this lingering in the wrong forum, sometimes for days.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 pm

They are all probably trying to figure out into which subforum to move this.

Trade Advice

Superflex

Maybe IDP

:doh:

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 pm When I give the mods here a hard time, it's because of threads like this lingering in the wrong forum, sometimes for days.
This isn’t wrong though. It’s generating general dynasty discussion.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 am

pierson242 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 pm When I give the mods here a hard time, it's because of threads like this lingering in the wrong forum, sometimes for days.
Eh, I mean, technically you're right, but by that logic people can just abuse the most popular "discussion" forum for their own personal trades because it's "generating discussion". It crosses a line in my opinion.

I'm not ENTIRELY opposed to threads similar to this, because yeah it can give a good value gauge for some/all of the players mentioned, but it should at least be worded in a way that comes off as "general" rather than blatantly coming off as specific team advice (I have no problem with OP here, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was an honest mistake).

Like, lazy example could be "In a Superflex, how large is the gap in value between a top QB like Wentz, and a solid but middling young QB like Dak? Is it big enough to justify moving the 1.01 for Wentz, or is it smaller than that?" Idk.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:59 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 am
Eh, I mean, technically you're right, but by that logic people can just abuse the most popular "discussion" forum for their own personal trades because it's "generating discussion". It crosses a line in my opinion.

I'm not ENTIRELY opposed to threads similar to this, because yeah it can give a good value gauge for some/all of the players mentioned, but it should at least be worded in a way that comes off as "general" rather than blatantly coming off as specific team advice (I have no problem with OP here, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was an honest mistake).

Like, lazy example could be "In a Superflex, how large is the gap in value between a top QB like Wentz, and a solid but middling young QB like Dak? Is it big enough to justify moving the 1.01 for Wentz, or is it smaller than that?" Idk.
Yes but you guys complain that its "in the wrong area" but this is a completed trade, he isnt asking should he do it, hes gettign feedback and letting people discuss. How is this thread crossing the line

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 am

pierson242 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:59 am
Life of Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 am

Yes but you guys complain that its "in the wrong area" but this is a completed trade, he isnt asking should he do it, hes gettign feedback and letting people discuss. How is this thread crossing the line
I mean even the OP immediately said he posted this in the wrong subforum by mistake lol. It definitely is subjective though, maybe we should agree to disagree. I'm of the opinion that when someone makes a post here, they should kickstart the discussion with their own input or food for thought, even if it's brief. Not just "here's players X Y and Z, who do you like more?". "Pick a side" threads can still turn into some of the most engaging discussions and there's examples of that, but there's also plenty of examples where it was just someone putting in a lazy effort for personal advice.

Maybe "crossing the line" was a bad phrase, but ultimately I just believe these threads should be in their appropriate subforum (where they also get good discussion) and it has the bonus effect of removing the clutter from the more appropriate "general discussion" threads. Not complaining about it, just my thoughts.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 am

Perhaps there should a a Trade/Value Discussuion sub forum?

-Booger McFarlland

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:04 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 am Perhaps there should be a Trade/Value Discussuion sub forum?
Well there's the Trade Advice forum that handles trades, whether it's offer evaluation or post-trade analysis. And the Player Comps forum seems to be for valuations. So there are forums for each.

The problem is that the occasional trade advice thread pops up here, and very little gets done about it. The far bigger problem is that there are player valuation threads in just about every subforum. Again, imho, that is a moderation issue.

BTW, I want to be clear, there's a big difference between player valuations threads (what is Mixon's value) and player analysis threads (will Mixon takeover the Bengals backfield in 2018). The former clearly should go into the Player Comps forum, whereas the latter is for here and the other specialty forums.

I love this forum and I'm giving constructive input here and elsewhere, not to piss people off, but in the hopes that the format here can be improved somewhat, perhaps with some initial "baby steps". Things are pretty sloppy here right now, specifically in terms of content placement. You can find nearly identical threads in about 4 or 5 different sub-forums. And I think that reduces postings and viewership, which I think no one wants and certainly harms the forums.