Gronk Thread: Gronkowski to Tampa Bay!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Gronk to retire?

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:30 pm

kuphal_99 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:26 pm If you really believe his reason for leaving the NFL is worry over concussions then a move to WWE doesn’t seem very logical.
Wrestling isnt too hard on the head, most stuff is fake unless you or the opponent messes up. Thats why they can wrestle every couple days. What I would be more concerned about as Gronk would be back issues.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I could see Gronk in the WWE for a couple years as a bridge to Hollywood. It is a trail that has already been blazed. And seems to be in line with everything we are reading/hearing.
The standard is the standard.

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:34 pm
skip wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:09 pm I don't think Gronk is a "lock" for the Hall of Fame if he were to leave the game now. If he plays another 3 seasons and gets his career receiving yards into 5 figures then I would think so. He could get in regardless simply because he's been very productive over a shorter length of time than the likes of a Gonzo (or Witten who should go into the HoF) but choosing to leave early (rather than being driven away by other circumstances) could hurt him.
I don't think it's that deep. He's been a transcendent talent at his position, so much so that every year there's a rookie TE labeled "Baby Gronk."

Only 3 other TE's have more than 7,000 receiving yards and 70 TD's: Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez and Harold CarMichael.

He's a lock.
FYI, Carmichael was a WR .
I offered the #6 for Gronk , the owner let the offer sit for 3 days without any reply so I yanked my offer.. My guess is he plays next year but after that who knows ..
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:31 am

I hope he retires and then they sign trey burton.....c'mon doooo it!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 am

jtsmalls wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:31 am I hope he retires and then they sign trey burton.....c'mon doooo it!
This is an interesting take. If the Pats go out and get a FA TE or draft one, that could lead us to believe he truly is thinking about retiring this year or next year.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:02 am

TheEastWest wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:20 pm
skip wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:09 pm I don't think Gronk is a "lock" for the Hall of Fame if he were to leave the game now. If he plays another 3 seasons and gets his career receiving yards into 5 figures then I would think so. He could get in regardless simply because he's been very productive over a shorter length of time than the likes of a Gonzo (or Witten who should go into the HoF) but choosing to leave early (rather than being driven away by other circumstances) could hurt him.
I don't think it's that deep. He's been a transcendent talent at his position, so much so that every year there's a rookie TE labeled "Baby Gronk."

Only 3 other TE's have more than 7,000 receiving yards and 70 TD's: Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez and Harold CarMichael.

He's a lock.
I offered the #6 for Gronk , the owner let the offer sit for 3 days without any reply so I yanked my offer.. My guess is he plays next year but after that who knows ..
You offered the 1.06 from this years draft class for Gronk? And, you are surprised you got no response?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 am

IBall2 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 am
jtsmalls wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:31 am I hope he retires and then they sign trey burton.....c'mon doooo it!
This is an interesting take. If the Pats go out and get a FA TE or draft one, that could lead us to believe he truly is thinking about retiring this year or next year.
Sure. It actually could lead us to believe a few different things if we are being intellectually honest. They are addressing improvements in depth at a position that takes a lot of punishment. Doesn't every single team in the NFL address its roster by adding depth or talent when and were possible. Gronk could easily play for 3-5 more years. Or, he could retire tomorrow. Off season coach speak, over emotional comments made shortly after a SB loss... man, rumors fly on this site and people love running with them.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:13 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 am
Sure. It actually could lead us to believe a few different things if we are being intellectually honest. They are addressing improvements in depth at a position that takes a lot of punishment. Doesn't every single team in the NFL address its roster by adding depth or talent when and were possible. Gronk could easily play for 3-5 more years. Or, he could retire tomorrow. Off season coach speak, over emotional comments made shortly after a SB loss... man, rumors fly on this site and people love running with them.
I think it's a little more than a rumor at this point. Retirement is a real possibility for him.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 am

smh. Its as if we invent drama to talk about. I think (and of course I could be wrong), but, this is just something that happens now. We make mountains out of molehills. Unfortunately, it is the norm. It hasn't always been. It is a rumor until we hear something of some merit or legitimacy. All speculation from a bored fantasy community. I own Gronk in 1 out of my 6 leagues. If people are really out there selling him for 1.06 type picks because of this rumor, it is a shame.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 am smh. Its as if we invent drama to talk about. I think (and of course I could be wrong), but, this is just something that happens now. We make mountains out of molehills. Unfortunately, it is the norm. It hasn't always been. It is a rumor until we hear something of some merit or legitimacy. All speculation from a bored fantasy community. I own Gronk in 1 out of my 6 leagues. If people are really out there selling him for 1.06 type picks because of this rumor, it is a shame.
I agree with this to a point...remember a couple seasons back the "DLF Doctor" (lol) was saying that arm amputation was a possibility around this time of year? That said super stars have retired at a young age and, let's be honest, Gronk is an old 28. I am curious what retirement would do to any guaranteed money he got up front? Sure, maybe he has been good with his money and has future career opportunities but paying back a chunk of change would put a dent in that. I have him in 6 leagues as well and I am looking at contingencies for if/when he retires. In two of my leagues our keeper lists are due June 1st so I have to have some answers by then. At the end of the day I don't think he retires in 2018, but I think it is even money (at best) that he comes back for 2019.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 am smh. Its as if we invent drama to talk about. I think (and of course I could be wrong), but, this is just something that happens now. We make mountains out of molehills. Unfortunately, it is the norm. It hasn't always been. It is a rumor until we hear something of some merit or legitimacy. All speculation from a bored fantasy community. I own Gronk in 1 out of my 6 leagues. If people are really out there selling him for 1.06 type picks because of this rumor, it is a shame.
Gronk has very clearly considered retirement. He acknowledged it himself. It's not just some beat writer trying to get clicks, though multiple credible media members have reported on it.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 am

Drafting a TE wouldn't mean much because isn't Bennett retiring? Also, Dwayne Allen was a total dud this year. So they could just be addressing the TE2 spot.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:29 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am
Gronk has very clearly considered retirement. He acknowledged it himself. It's not just some beat writer trying to get clicks, though multiple credible media members have reported on it.
Ok. Devil's advocate here... (like I said, I own Gronk in 1 of my 6 total leagues - so, I have about a 16% investment). dynastyninja, considering all things that have been said by Gronk himself and the media, DO YOU believe it is more probable that he (Gronk) retires or, despite what you've heard from the media and Gronk himself, do you believe it to be more probable that Gronk plays? Simple question.

I'm quite aware that Gronk has publicly said that he was considering the end of his career. I still say - So What? I'm also quite sure that most of these rich, talented athletes are divas. I tend to take what they say lighter than what they do. Do you remember how many years Favre was "considering retirement"?

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:02 am
TheEastWest wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:20 pm

He's a lock.
You offered the 1.06 from this years draft class for Gronk? And, you are surprised you got no response?

I’m not surprised in the least bit and I know that’s a perceived lowball offer to many but in my league that’s the best offer he will receive .. It’s very possible Gronk only plays 1 more year and good chance he gets hurt while doing so ..
Truthfully I was on the fence even offering the #6 as it would frown my day if I traded any 1st only for Gronk to hang the cleats in the coming months.
Hate to break it to you but the days of owners paying top dollar are long gone !
How high of a pick would you trade for Gronk?
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:29 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am
Ok. Devil's advocate here... (like I said, I own Gronk in 1 of my 6 total leagues - so, I have about a 16% investment). dynastyninja, considering all things that have been said by Gronk himself and the media, DO YOU believe it is more probable that he (Gronk) retires or, despite what you've heard from the media and Gronk himself, do you believe it to be more probable that Gronk plays? Simple question.

I'm quite aware that Gronk has publicly said that he was considering the end of his career. I still say - So What? I'm also quite sure that most of these rich, talented athletes are divas. I tend to take what they say lighter than what they do. Do you remember how many years Favre was "considering retirement"?
Playing Devil's Devil's Advocate I think the difference between Gronk and most other football players considering retirement he has a legit second career waiting for him.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0