Derrick Henry Thread - Is he still King Henry post injury?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Re: Derrick Henry

Postby Shcritters » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:14 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 pm Looked good on a few runs that were big plays, but he got bottled up when there isn't a good sized hole, and when he doesn't have a good head of steam he plays smaller than his size imo
This. He needs 3 yards to get going. But when he does his momentum will take him 5-6. I would t be surprised if he had more than average negative or 1-yard plays, less than average 2-4 yard plays, and more than average 5+ yard plays. It is boom or bust, not a lot in between.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Londondynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Londondynasty » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 am

I traded him towards the end of the year straight up for TY Hilton. Have been second guessing myself ever since. But he wasn't even my flex and I needed wr help (not that ty gave it to me in he playoffs!)
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:18 am

I thought he looked good. A lot of backs get stymied at line of scrimmage if there isn't a hole.

I'm holding to see what happens.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:52 am

He looked the past of an RB 1 . If he has another solid game next week the cost is going to be even more astronomical . Still think Murray is back next year
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:07 am

Looked good imho he go s down to easy for his size too little fight from him ..nice speed and size but he doesn’t use that size at the point of attack that I seen The last two games.. nice low end rb 1 or high end 2
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 am

DJB wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:52 am He looked the past of an RB 1 . If he has another solid game next week the cost is going to be even more astronomical . Still think Murray is back next year
I just don't get why TEN would bring him back? He is owed a ton of money with none being of the dead variety. Ya they could restructure his deal but I think it would be cheaper for the team to use Henry as the RB1 and draft a guy in the 4th-6th as a 3rd down back. Then they can spend their savings elsewhere.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm

bot wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 am
DJB wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:52 am He looked the past of an RB 1 . If he has another solid game next week the cost is going to be even more astronomical . Still think Murray is back next year
I just don't get why TEN would bring him back? He is owed a ton of money with none being of the dead variety. Ya they could restructure his deal but I think it would be cheaper for the team to use Henry as the RB1 and draft a guy in the 4th-6th as a 3rd down back. Then they can spend their savings elsewhere.
Why wouldn't they want to bring him back? I'm not privy to the TEN cap situation, but I think from a value standpoint Murray is more than worth his $6.25 million price tag. As much as Henry owners want to believe it, Henry is not better than Murray. The Titans are a better team with Murray on the roster, and having two good backs is very valuable.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm
Why wouldn't they want to bring him back? I'm not privy to the TEN cap situation, but I think from a value standpoint Murray is more than worth his $6.25 million price tag. As much as Henry owners want to believe it, Henry is not better than Murray. The Titans are a better team with Murray on the roster, and having two good backs is very valuable.
Everything else could be argued, but that last line is a certified fact. The Falcons showed how potent 2 great backs can be last year. And now look at what the Saints and Pats have done this year with their multi-headed backfields. I don’t think it will bode too well for either of the TEN RBs, but I agree that the team would be better off keeping Murray. :boohoo:
The standard is the standard.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Can't shake the feeling I'm seeing Brandon Jacobs all over again.

Bam_19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bam_19 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Shcritters wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:14 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 pm Looked good on a few runs that were big plays, but he got bottled up when there isn't a good sized hole, and when he doesn't have a good head of steam he plays smaller than his size imo
This. He needs 3 yards to get going. But when he does his momentum will take him 5-6. I would t be surprised if he had more than average negative or 1-yard plays, less than average 2-4 yard plays, and more than average 5+ yard plays. It is boom or bust, not a lot in between.
I’m not sure why nfl averages are (or where to find that data. But from yesterday Henry had plays of

1 yard or less - 4
2-4 yards - 7
5 plus yards - 12

So he looked pretty damn good.
12 man league
1pt per 20 yards rushing/receiving, 1pt per 50 passing/TD 6 and 4/PPR 0.5/1QB-1RB-3WR-1TE-Flex-DEF-K
QB - Jackson
RB - Mixon - Sanders - J.Hill
WR - Sutton - Aj Brown - Cooks - Hollywood - Harry - Slayton - Whiteside - Campbell - Hardman - C. Davis - Isabella - Ross
TE - Engram - Irv Smith
DEF - Rotating
K - Rotating

Bam_19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bam_19 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm

The stats disagree that Murray is better. The only thing that was better was his catch rate and that’s because he had more than double the opportunity Henry had in that department.
12 man league
1pt per 20 yards rushing/receiving, 1pt per 50 passing/TD 6 and 4/PPR 0.5/1QB-1RB-3WR-1TE-Flex-DEF-K
QB - Jackson
RB - Mixon - Sanders - J.Hill
WR - Sutton - Aj Brown - Cooks - Hollywood - Harry - Slayton - Whiteside - Campbell - Hardman - C. Davis - Isabella - Ross
TE - Engram - Irv Smith
DEF - Rotating
K - Rotating

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Bam_19 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm

The stats disagree that Murray is better. The only thing that was better was his catch rate and that’s because he had more than double the opportunity Henry had in that department.
The stats also used to say Ben Tate was better than Arian Foster.

This year the stats said Alfred Morris was much better than Zeke.

The stats also say that Yeldon was the better back over Fournette.

I'm not saying stats in football are worthless, cuz they're not. But out of all the major sports, stats in THIS sport are the least predictive of future success, and the least reflective of past performance.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:13 pm

At this stage of his career, Murray is not as good as Henry. And what we’re seeing is evidence of that clearly. They would benefit from a solid back with pass catching skills but that doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be Murray. He’s past his prime and that showed big time this year

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:15 pm

prinefan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:54 pm Can't shake the feeling I'm seeing Brandon Jacobs all over again.
I now can't shake the feeling I'm going to also be seeing Brandon Jacobs .... I was having Matt Jones flashbacks, but Jacobs is a much better comp imo.

I own both Henry & Murray on one team and will hope Murray is released or traded (which I think is very unlikely).
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Bam_19 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Actually, I think you're right here. I haven't watched the Titans much this season, so I'm operating off of how they both looked last season. Looks like Murray is starting his "old man RB" decline. I still think it makes sense for Tennessee to keep Murray, though. He's a valuable contributor and doesn't have an awful contract.