2018 Rookie WRs Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Reno McCoy
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2018 Rookie WRs Thread

Postby Reno McCoy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:40 pm

I'm also a big fan of Michael Gallup. That dude caught just about everything this year. He could sky over defenders and caught most of the up-for-grabs, contested passes. He can jump, he can elude defenders, he's good with running the ball after the catch on those screen plays. I know he's from a small school so didn't have the best defenses to play against, but I liked what I saw each and every week (I'm a CSU season-ticket holder).

For those who are primarily interested in stats, keep in mind that Nick Stevens was often pretty horrible this season. Stevens had good numbers himself, but oh man, could he miss wide open receivers or what. His long balls weren't his strong suit, and he didn't often hit WRs in stride on the deep passes. I can remember three specific overthrown balls to a wide open Gallup for a potential TD, including the potential game winner at the New Mexico bowl. If Stevens were a little more accurate this year, I believe Gallup could've easily had another 250 yards and 3 more TDs. Of course, I suppose you could say that about most WRs. :whistle:

Here's a good overview of Gallup: http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... r-know-yet
16-team salary/contract league (start QB, RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DEF FLEX)

QB: Foles, Bortles, Brissett, Mullens
RB: Bell, Ingram, Guice, Singletary
WR: Landry, Boyd, Shepard, Allison, Pettis, Kirk, Gallup, M. Brown
TE: Ertz, Everett
DL: Dunlap, Hunter, J. Allen, McKinley
LB: Ogletree, Wagner, Telvin Smith, Devin Bush, Eric Kendricks, Tavai
DB: Reshad Jones, H. Smith, Collins
K: Badgely, Elliott

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm

UATahoe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am

Last I checked, age doesn’t correlate with success, but leaving before you exhaust your eligibility does.

Anybody have any data on how age of a prospect when they’re drafted correlates with success?
Breakout age is the most telling of wr success in the NFL. It identified players like Juju Smith-Schuster, Deandre Hopkins and Allen Robinson as future stars, while it presented massive red flags for players like Kevin White.
You realize he didnt enroll at Bama until he was almost 21 right? Due to some crazy age cutoff limit that caused him to delay in High school.
I’m with you on breakout age- what’s Ridley’s?

If he broke out at 20.7 or whatever I’m not concerned, even if he’s old as a rookie.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm
UATahoe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Breakout age is the most telling of wr success in the NFL. It identified players like Juju Smith-Schuster, Deandre Hopkins and Allen Robinson as future stars, while it presented massive red flags for players like Kevin White.
You realize he didnt enroll at Bama until he was almost 21 right? Due to some crazy age cutoff limit that caused him to delay in High school.
I’m with you on breakout age- what’s Ridley’s?

If he broke out at 20.7 or whatever I’m not concerned, even if he’s old as a rookie.
His breakout age must've been around 20.7. He just turned 23 and put up a third of the passing offense in his freshman year, so would've just turned 21 at the end of that season.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

EQ St Brown declared! This is excellent news as he is one hell of a prospect!

He is a bit thin, but moves SO smoothly in and out of breaks and has such fluid hips for a 6'4 guy! I don't think he will be AJ Green, but there are some slight AJG-like flashes to his game that naturally make you super excited about his potential.
#FreeCoreyDavis

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 am

So out of all these guys who could go early day 2, or maybe fall to late day 3, which of these WRs with attractive (on paper) sizes are for real?

Equanimeous St. Brown (6'4/205)
Simmie Cobbs (6'4/220)
Auden Tate (6'5/225)
Marcel Ateman (6'4/220)
DJ Chark (6'3/190)
Cedric Wilson (6'3/190)
Darren Carrington (6'2/195)
Allen Lazard (6'5/225)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:52 am

Ateman for sure, Lukky. Every time i watch the Cowpokes he seems to look the part, moreso than Washington.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:42 am

I really like St. Brown and Lazard in the second round of rookie drafts. They wont be top tier but can be sneaky picks.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 am

St. Brown had a lot of hype entering into 2017 but I don't watch ND games to know whether or not his lack of production this year was the result of his play or the fact that Wimbush/Book are terrible.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 am

Two players that intrigue me are Parris Campbell and Deon Cain.

Both will be picked up in round 3-5 (with potential to improve with a strong combine, especially for Campbell).

Neither one of them has a complete game yet, but I think both were held down by poor QB play and overall game script. Campbell has athletic ability to spare, but some route running issues. He's not the same player as Michael Thomas, but if he lands in a good situation, people will be talking about the last WR pick from OSU that exploded.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 am Two players that intrigue me are Parris Campbell and Deon Cain.

Both will be picked up in round 3-5 (with potential to improve with a strong combine, especially for Campbell).

Neither one of them has a complete game yet, but I think both were held down by poor QB play and overall game script. Campbell has athletic ability to spare, but some route running issues. He's not the same player as Michael Thomas, but if he lands in a good situation, people will be talking about the last WR pick from OSU that exploded.
Agreed on Campbell.

Cain doesn't really interest me because he's an incomplete prospect AND he's got off-field/drug test issues.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 pm
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 am Two players that intrigue me are Parris Campbell and Deon Cain.

Agreed on Campbell.

Cain doesn't really interest me because he's an incomplete prospect AND he's got off-field/drug test issues.
Cain is someone I'm looking at with a late 2nd or early 3rd. The potential is there, and it's not a huge investment. I can see it climbing if he lands in a great spot.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:26 pm

Servo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 am St. Brown had a lot of hype entering into 2017 but I don't watch ND games to know whether or not his lack of production this year was the result of his play or the fact that Wimbush/Book are terrible.
The ND QB group was an absolute dung fire this year. I wouldn't take too much away from St Brown's low numbers. He's smooth, he's huge, and it seems like he's always open whenever I watch him play.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Cain doesn't do much for me either. St Brown i like and I also think lazard could be a sleeper.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Campbell is nothing special. Believe me, I'm a buckeye.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Cain is as talented as any WR in this class, but he's a bonehead on and off the field. His production may have been hurt by Kelly Bryant, but he's never resembled some of the past great prospects at WR for Clemson. I'm sure that will be the reason some people draft him though.