Cleveland Browns Get 2 of top 4 picks

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Cleveland Browns Get 2 of top 4 picks

Postby Friction » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:01 am

I think Barkley goes to the Browns for sure. QB is a mystery as far as what they do for the position going into next year. How about those playoff bound Bills with 2 first (albeit late) and around 8 picks total in the first 3 rds. Not bad for a tanking team even if they end up losing to Jax. If Shady is out I assume they do, but their underrated d could steal one from Bortles without a doubt.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

treble83
Starter
Starter

Postby treble83 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 am

They should take Saquon #1 and go QB at 4. Although, Kizer could pull a Goff over the offseason..
Team One:
2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, PK, DEF 10 Team
QB: J. Garoppolo, R. Tannehill, R. Wilson, T. Tagavaiola
RB: S. Barkley, T. Charbonnet, A. Ekeler, K. Gainwell, D. Henry, A. Kamara, J. Kelley, D. Montgomery, S. Perine
WR: G. Davis, I. Hodgins, D. Hopkins, C. Kupp, K. Raymond, A. St Brown, A. Thielen, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: M. Andrews, G. Everett, D. Knox, D. Schultz, D. Waller
TAXI:T. Chandler, E. Dotson, J. McLaughlin, D. Ridder

Team Two:
0-2QB, 8-10 FLEX 12 Team
QB: J. Fields, W. Levis, M. Stafford, T. Taylor
RB: T. Allgeier, S. Barkley, T. Bigsby, T. Etienne, Z. Evans, R. Mostert, I. Pacheco, M. Sanders
WR: B. Cooks, G. Davis, V. Jefferson, T. McLaurin, J. Meyers, D.J. Moore, D. Parker, B. Powell, J. Reynolds, L. Shenault, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: J. Smith, D. Waller

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:06 am

briank wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 pm They should pay up for Cousins and draft Barkley #1 and Bradley Chubb #4.
If I were a browns fan, this^ is what I would want.
The standard is the standard.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:34 am

Defender wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:06 am
briank wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 pm They should pay up for Cousins and draft Barkley #1 and Bradley Chubb #4.
I'm sure they'll absolutely try to get Cousins. But Cousins gets to pick...
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:33 am

few have had as much fun at the browns expense as myself but they are really stockpiling talent and at some point they will get it right in spit of having an owner with an itchy trigger finger . That offense njoku duke gordo coleman even devalve picked 100 spots too high looks like a nice ancillary offensive piece . qb gets figured out and there will be a tidal wave shift in the organization . If and its a big if with the clowns IF they add cousins barkley and get joe thomas back as well as some more defensive talent they will really jump they may even double or triple their win total 8-) from last 2 seasons .

The truly bizarre deal for me is haslem has axed so many coaches and front office guys but is reportedly standing firm behind huge axson after going 1-31 . truly beyond comprehension if he gets a 3rd year , if he does however the very 1st 2 game losing streak of 2018 should mark the end regardless of "how hard his team plays for him".
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:47 am

After dealing with ownership that was nothing but a headache in Washington, it would be a shock to me if Cousins signed on board with Haslam and the atrocity that is Cleveland. It isn’t just money, the Free Agents get to choose. Not sure $1M would make someone settle when you’re already talking $22M+. Plus, will they truly believe they won’t have to ensure a QB change a year in if they don’t take a 0-16 team to something like 8-8? Do they think they can drive that bus on THAT team? All variables people overlook when playing pie in the sky GM.

‘QB at #4’ means the team is settling for whatever is left and implies they won’t have an organizational preference. They would leave it to ‘chance’ and let others make the decision for them. I feel like if you have #1, you make the call and take the guy you’re more sold on...assuming you have one and value them accordingly. Given their track record to not assess the QB position anyway (Watson, Wentz), they probably should take the leap regardless. Then again, The Rosen situation, plus Darnold not yet officially declared, could impact how things play out as well. If Darnold stays in college, and they don’t want to force the Rosen issue, do they trade down to someone who can take him? Is that the Giants? Broncos? Jets? It can change the board. Not sure another QB warrants #1, and would they take someone like Mayfield at #4 or wherever their trade down takes them? Lots of uncertainty (obviously).

Even if Barkley doesn’t make #4, there are other elite prospects (Fitzpatrick, Chubb) that would be value adds given that at least one would need to be there if Barkley is gone. Talented RBs will be available with their other picks for that hole.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:43 am

I could see a scenario where they decide to give Kizer another year. Draft Saquon and either a top o-lineman or possibly even go Saquon and a top WR. I think their defense looked fairly decent this year
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:21 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:32 pm Wouldn't be surprised if they trade back 1 of those picks.
Sashi is gone, they're not trading back barring an overpay
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:41 am

Defender wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:06 am
This would be good. Is Dorsey a good GM?

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:57 am

Dorsey is a football guy, he will draft players with those picks. I'm not sure why people are still dogging on their personnel. I think there was consensus that they had one of the best drafts last year, A few good free agent aquisitions, and showed real improvement on defense. Sign cousins, draft Barkley at one, and conor Williams at 4.

treble83
Starter
Starter

Postby treble83 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:26 am

Something that no one seems to be considering. The Browns had the worst QB play of the season and still refused to give Crowell (nothing less than a DECENT RB) the rock. Either they don't respect the position or... they were tanking. Sadly, Option B also would explain not firing Hue Jackson..
Team One:
2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, PK, DEF 10 Team
QB: J. Garoppolo, R. Tannehill, R. Wilson, T. Tagavaiola
RB: S. Barkley, T. Charbonnet, A. Ekeler, K. Gainwell, D. Henry, A. Kamara, J. Kelley, D. Montgomery, S. Perine
WR: G. Davis, I. Hodgins, D. Hopkins, C. Kupp, K. Raymond, A. St Brown, A. Thielen, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: M. Andrews, G. Everett, D. Knox, D. Schultz, D. Waller
TAXI:T. Chandler, E. Dotson, J. McLaughlin, D. Ridder

Team Two:
0-2QB, 8-10 FLEX 12 Team
QB: J. Fields, W. Levis, M. Stafford, T. Taylor
RB: T. Allgeier, S. Barkley, T. Bigsby, T. Etienne, Z. Evans, R. Mostert, I. Pacheco, M. Sanders
WR: B. Cooks, G. Davis, V. Jefferson, T. McLaurin, J. Meyers, D.J. Moore, D. Parker, B. Powell, J. Reynolds, L. Shenault, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: J. Smith, D. Waller

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 am

treble83 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:26 am Something that no one seems to be considering. The Browns had the worst QB play of the season and still refused to give Crowell (nothing less than a DECENT RB) the rock. Either they don't respect the position or... they were tanking. Sadly, Option B also would explain not firing Hue Jackson..
When you trail 99% the game, it's hard to run the ball

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 am

Swap Alex Smith for Cousins and we're good :pray:

Dorsey has history with KC plus like Smith's calm manner over Cousins flaky-ness

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:07 am

Of course they were tanking! They have been trading to accumulate picks and knew they were a year or two away from any relevance. If they sign an Alex Smith orCousins, draft Barkley and a solid OLine or top D prospect, they could compete next year. They gave Hugh an extra year because this was the plan.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:16 pm

I'd be shocked if they didn't take a QB 1st overall. Even if they're not 100% sure, public pressure kind of forces their hand after passing up the last 2 draft classes.