IMPORTANT!!! League Vote!

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

Dionosys
Captain
Captain

IMPORTANT!!! League Vote!

Postby Dionosys » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Ok so we have an usual situation that has arose in our league. One team did not submit a lineup during the playoffs. This isn't the 1st time this season this owner has failed to submit a full lineup

This is what has been decided so far:
Dimeo Crime Family has been removed from Tecmo League and will be replaced for 2018 with a new team owner. In the interim I will submit a lineup for the duration of the playoffs to ensure we have a competitive completion of the season playoffs.
Now just to let everyone know, this isn't a fun nor do I expect popular decision to make and I'm ok taking on the burden of making that decision.

Now on to the league vote. Here is where things stand:
We will remove all parties who have got an interest in this vote. Myself, MB, Dre, and Limeys. Sorry to you guys but I want an unbiased league vote and we all have too much at stake to be part of this vote. Below is what is at stake:
Raging Inferno: Owner of PFS 2018 1st round pick
Dung Brother: Owner of Dimeo Crime Family 1st round pick
Peanuts for Sale: Owner of Midwest Limey's 1st round Pick and owns own 2nd round pick (2-1 at stake also)
Midwest Limeys: Owns own 2nd round pick (2-1 at stake)

What will be voted on is as follows. Please vote "leave it as is" or vote "submit week 12 lineup" I need this done by 9:00 AM EST on 12/12/17.

That's pretty much it. for the vote. 5 vote passes. Any questions, here is my # please text me and also who you are in test. 989-331-2325

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Re: IMPORTANT!!! League Vote!

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm

submit lineup, not even a decision

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm submit lineup, not even a decision
+1

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:23 pm

Dre wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm submit lineup, not even a decision
+1
+2

VanElls
Role Player
Role Player

Postby VanElls » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Submit lineup

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 pm

With all due respect, the commissioner does not have the power to simply remove an owner. While it may be a formality, a majority vote is technically required to remove someone, and I think it should be observed.

Below is a quote from the rules...in the meantime, however, a lineup should be submitted on his behalf.
Additionally, if an owner is classified an absentee owner, an owner(s) involved in collusion, or an owner who’s overall participation is inadequate (inadequate could mean not responding to trade offers in a timely manner, not participating in off-season activities, and even just overall fantasy football ability), a league vote can be called for by the commissioner or any two owners. A majority vote by the league will be required to remove an owner from the league.

SSHoundz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SSHoundz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:48 pm

yes to boot'm

yes to submit the lineup

you can't get kicked out for a 12 game losing streak can you...

Tom155
Starter
Starter

Postby Tom155 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 am

Agreed

Dionosys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dionosys » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 am

TrueDawg wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 pm With all due respect, the commissioner does not have the power to simply remove an owner. While it may be a formality, a majority vote is technically required to remove someone, and I think it should be observed.

Below is a quote from the rules...in the meantime, however, a lineup should be submitted on his behalf.
Additionally, if an owner is classified an absentee owner, an owner(s) involved in collusion, or an owner who’s overall participation is inadequate (inadequate could mean not responding to trade offers in a timely manner, not participating in off-season activities, and even just overall fantasy football ability), a league vote can be called for by the commissioner or any two owners. A majority vote by the league will be required to remove an owner from the league.
I apologize for taking a swift and unpopular action without a formal league vote. I was following how I interpreted the portion under absentee owner that states "However, the commissioner’s holds the final decision on league membership."

Enough of the required votes have come in to submit a lineup so that has been completed and the previous weeks lineup was submitted.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 am

Seems everything has already been resolved, but for the record, I agree with both removal and submitting lineup.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 am

I obviously vote for removal if it’s needed.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 am

Dionosys wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 am I apologize for taking a swift and unpopular action without a formal league vote. I was following how I interpreted the portion under absentee owner that states "However, the commissioner’s holds the final decision on league membership."

Enough of the required votes have come in to submit a lineup so that has been completed and the previous weeks lineup was submitted.
No need to apologize...I saw that line in the rules too. It's not that I disagree with removing Aeroman... we voted him out of the KFFL Dynasty league a year or two ago for the same reason. And I have no doubt we'd get enough votes to remove him here. It's just sortof a "due process" thing... but it's important because it prevents the commish from simply removing owners because he doesn't like them or whatever. I'm not saying you'd do that, but...

Anyway, I vote in favor of removing Aeroman

OnABloodbuzz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Replace

VanElls
Role Player
Role Player

Postby VanElls » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 am