Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sehon4
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby sehon4 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:22 pm

That ship has sailed from Cleveland.
12 team dynasty, Protect 13 players annually, plus 3 2yr psquad- Max 4RB, Max 5WR, Max 3QB, Max 2TE, Max 1K, Max 1Def, Max 1 Flex. Roster size 18 plus 3 IR & 3 PSquad-3 2yr Psquad(signed for 2 years)
QB-Justin Hebert, Jordan Love
Derek Carr
RB-Alvin Kamara, Javonte Williams, Bijan Robinson, Chuba Hubbard
WR- Mike Williams, D.K Metcalf, Tim Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Jayden Reed Michael Gallup
2yr PSquad Jameson Williams, Marvin Mims Jr. , John Metchie III
TE- George Kittle, Cole Kmet, Dalton Kincaid
2015 League Champions (finally)
2009 2nd place, 2010 2nd place, 2014 2nd place, 2018 2nd place, 2020 2nd place
2012 3rd place, 2019 3rd place
2023 rookie draft picks: 1.01; 2.01; 2.05; 2.08; 3.02; 3.10; 4.12; 5.01
Traded Aaron Rodgers and Khilil Herbert for Jameson Williams & pick 3.02 rookie draft
Traded 2.08, 3.02, 3.10, 2024 3rd round and 2025 3rd round for Javonte Williams

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:45 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
OhCruelestRanter wrote:Look, I don't care what you think of Gordon. Even if you think he will never play in the league again, this is a time to buy. The only thing that this circus has reliably demonstrated is that there will always be somebody willing to pony up for him in a few months. He's going to worth more July 27th than he is today. Trade him right before his next bid for reinstatement.
This is from April 12th of this year. Hope you bought.
The one truth of Josh Gordon is that you'll always find somebody willing to pay for him. I plucked him off waiver wires before the start of the season. Selling season is almost here!
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Guess who's back. The original Josh Gordon thread!!! Go back and read how wrong you were.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm

If all the Josh Gordon threads were to be merged (as they should), I think it would be well over 100 pages of arguing devoted to one player.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 pm

Better to discuss Gordon than Nathan Peterman. I cringe when I see that thread bumped.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 pm Better to discuss Gordon than Nathan Peterman. I cringe when I see that thread bumped.
We could bring back the ridiculously long Ryan Mallett thread if you'd prefer that.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 pm Better to discuss Gordon than Nathan Peterman. I cringe when I see that thread bumped.
We could bring back the ridiculously long Ryan Mallett thread if you'd prefer that.
Please no....

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Tsunami wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 pm Guess who's back. The original Josh Gordon thread!!! Go back and read how wrong you were.
Won't take much for the other side to say the same thing in a blink of an eye.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:53 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 pm
I still like the long Kaep vs Cam thread...one of the DLF classics
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 pm

The dude looks solid. Hasn't missed a beat. Im happy hes doing well in the NFL but more happy for him he beat his addictions.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 am

Are addictions really ever beaten? I'm not convinced he's dealt with them at all, especially after what I've read in SI.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:13 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 am Are addictions really ever beaten? I'm not convinced he's dealt with them at all, especially after what I've read in SI.
Yes addictions can be beat. You also can trade one addiction for another which Gordon has done. For instance trading drinking for working out. It is common and works for a lot of people. Trading a dangerous addiction out for something that can be positive happens a lot and is extremely effective.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:17 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 am Are addictions really ever beaten? I'm not convinced he's dealt with them at all, especially after what I've read in SI.
I had not read the SI article, thanks for the heads-up! After reading the article, I have to say I am more skeptical now. Several things stood out to me in the article:

1) Gordon's agent is currently on probation as part of a plea for a recruiting scandal.
2) Gordon lied to the author of the article, initially.
3) Gordon spent the summer working out with sprinter Tim Montgomery who was convicted in recent years of check fraud and dealing heroin.
4) Gordon has been clean since only July.

I do believe Gordon is serious about turning his life around, unfortunately the people he has chosen to help in this process don't meet the standard for me. Gordon states in the article that he has relapsed multiple times during this past suspension due to different events in his life that caused adversity, yet he has chosen an agent who is on probation and allows him to work out with a guy who has been found guilty of dealing heroin. This 'support system' just isn't good enough. What happens if Gordon has a bad day, week, etc....? I assumed Gordon had been clean for longer than six months when he was reinstated. Another mistake and he is likely done for life. I love watching him play and I hope it works out for him. As a fantasy owner, I would not be in the market to acquire him at any price that current owners would likely accept.

For those who have not read the article:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/28/josh- ... browns-nfl

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 am

Got it. So he got to the point where no one creditable was willing to work with him and finally realized he hit rock bottom. He then got help from people that have been through the same things he has in some sort of way because they understand his issues and that still isn't good enough. Okay good enough for me, recovery isn't for everyone same as belief that someone can change. I can respect that honestly because we all share different believes. It's just counter intuitive to say these bullet points and then say you believe he wants to recover.

The vocal nation was against this kid every step of the way. I truly hope he can prove all the doubters wrong because people need to understand that it is possible to fight addiction and win. You can definitely tell he really wants to. I enjoy him smiling on the field and saying what he has been saying with the fun of his teammates. THOSE ARE GOOD THINGS GUYS. Those mean he's enjoying his sobriety and enjoying the game of football without a need for something else. His endorphins are flowing without the need of a numbing agent to get him through the day.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:55 am

CK_ wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 am Got it. So he got to the point where no one creditable was willing to work with him and finally realized he hit rock bottom. He then got help from people that have been through the same things he has in some sort of way because they understand his issues and that still isn't good enough. Okay good enough for me, recovery isn't for everyone same as belief that someone can change. I can respect that honestly because we all share different believes. It's just counter intuitive to say these bullet points and then say you believe he wants to recover.

The vocal nation was against this kid every step of the way. I truly hope he can prove all the doubters wrong because people need to understand that it is possible to fight addiction and win. You can definitely tell he really wants to. I enjoy him smiling on the field and saying what he has been saying with the fun of his teammates. THOSE ARE GOOD THINGS GUYS. Those mean he's enjoying his sobriety and enjoying the game of football without a need for something else. His endorphins are flowing without the need of a numbing agent to get him through the day.
It is not counter intuitive in any way. There are people striving for all different types of changes in their lives, yet go about it in the wrong way simply because they know no other way. Your point about choosing people who undertsand his issues simply is not valid for me. If Gordon had chosen an agent who once was an addict as well as training with people who also were once addicts, I could see it. However, surrounding yourself with convicted felons, I don't see it. You have to understand that I was a huge supporter of Gordon in these forums for a very long time. He has said all the 'right things' before...I did not say he cannot change, I said I am more skeptical as I see his chances as much more tenuous than before. As a football fan, I hope he stays clean because he is one of the best WRs I have ever seen play.