Julio Jones Thread: Traded to Tennessee

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: Julio jones

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 am

onetwothree wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm Gives me the Calvin Johnson vibe in the final few years. Lots of nagging injuries but he plays so you have to start him. The offense has enough options that they stop force feeding him the ball.

Still a tough matchup and the go to guy when the big play is needed though as evidenced by the big catch in the 4th.
I don't know how tough of a matchup Seattle is right now, even going into last week they hadn't been a defense that erased wideouts like they used to and have been beaten in the slot somewhat regularly. On top of that they lost Sherman and Chancellor in the same game last week as well as Cliff Avril a couple weeks ago and Shaq Griffin left the Atlanta game midway through so right now this is a very beat up and beatable Seahawks defense.

I don't own Julio in any dynasty leagues but I have him in a couple redraft leagues this year and he's incredibly frustrating for a guy who was drafted to be the top 3 or 4 WR. I can't hate on the 5.4 catch, 78.6 yards per game averages since it's a nice floor but I really expected more than 1 TD from the guy who was leading the Falcons in red zone targets heading into tonight's game (and even had one tonight from the 3 yard line that he didn't bring in). granted it's not all his fault, Matt Ryan is falling back to Earth this year, but for a guy who is supposed to be a 50/50 jump ball guy who always comes down with it I expected a lot more from him heading into the season.

He's currently on pace for 86-1258-2, the WR15 last year in PPR scoring.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:06 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 am
onetwothree wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm Gives me the Calvin Johnson vibe in the final few years. Lots of nagging injuries but he plays so you have to start him. The offense has enough options that they stop force feeding him the ball.

Still a tough matchup and the go to guy when the big play is needed though as evidenced by the big catch in the 4th.
I don't know how tough of a matchup Seattle is right now
No, he's saying Julio is still a tough matchup for D's
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 am

He's an overvalued asset in dynasty in my opinion. Great receiver, don't get me wrong, but every year he deals with injuries, disappears every other game and he doesn't score touchdowns. Time to stop thinking he's this untouchable asset or you have to give away the farm to get him.

I traded him away for Wentz and still thrilled! I'm a Eagles fan so it was easy to give him up so I can watch Wentz throw the ball for the next 10 years. As soon as Shanahan left and the super bowl curse was on I cashed in.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:19 am

Julio turns 29 in a few months. Usually the age people start turning against their elite WR and trade them for 2 Donte Moncriefs.

The injuries are definitely a concern long-term, as he's always playing with some combination of things. As far as this season goes, I feel like it's mostly a TD. Because, an 86/1258 line he's on pace for isn't bad. It's not anything close to what Julio's done the last 4 years, but still not bad.

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 am

Julio is fine. It's a down year that is projected to result in 1200 yards....OOOOOHHHH NOOO!!!!

Seriously it could be so much worse.

The injury myth has been laughable as well. He has missed 17 games in 7 years, 12 of which came from a season ending injury. Dude plays hurt, because every nfl player plays hurt. There is just more of a spotlight on Jones because of his status in the fantasy realm.

Age is an issue, but still a few years off. Definitely not a Calvin issue. Calvin was being force fed on a terrible team that continued to lose. He was burnt out. Jones isn't being force fed and they are winning. He may have other reasons to walk but it isn't comparable.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 am

jtsmalls wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 am He's an overvalued asset in dynasty in my opinion. Great receiver, don't get me wrong, but every year he deals with injuries, disappears every other game and he doesn't score touchdowns. Time to stop thinking he's this untouchable asset or you have to give away the farm to get him.

I traded him away for Wentz and still thrilled! I'm a Eagles fan so it was easy to give him up so I can watch Wentz throw the ball for the next 10 years. As soon as Shanahan left and the super bowl curse was on I cashed in.
You can argue that he's overvalued but Wentz is not even close to his value in a standard QB league.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 am
jtsmalls wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 am He's an overvalued asset in dynasty in my opinion. Great receiver, don't get me wrong, but every year he deals with injuries, disappears every other game and he doesn't score touchdowns. Time to stop thinking he's this untouchable asset or you have to give away the farm to get him.

You can argue that he's overvalued but Wentz is not even close to his value in a standard QB league.
He's tried to hype up his Julio/Wentz trade any time Julio is discussed. It was a 2 QB league, so Wentz is very valuable, but it was still a very bad trade value-wise.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 am

I'm out on Julio. I still believe he has the talent and is an upper end WR1, but the playcalling has been horrific. With him being age 29 next season, I can see 2-3 more high end seasons, but the injuries and inevitable loss of a step will come. I am getting out while I can, just moved him for 2 18 1sts and Doctson. The two firsts are mid-late but i'm happy to get out ahead of the curve. When it comes to value, no better time to sell than now or after his next big game.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 am

Julio is still an elite receiver, just in an underperforming offense this year. His age should be factored in, but he's still producing even in a bad year. Still a great asset to own.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 pm

He's one of those elite assets that doesn't seem to perform like we think he should. It may not have come yet, but at some point, you just have to admit he's not in the AB, OBJ, Mike Evans tier.

Injuries are a real issue, even if he doesn't miss games. You still have to sweat out some games to see if he'll play, or worry that he'll be playing while hurt, or being used as a decoy. Like onetwothree mentioned, it's similar to the last couple seasons of Calvin Johnson. These things don't show up in the end of year stats.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 am

He's tried to hype up his Julio/Wentz trade any time Julio is discussed. It was a 2 QB league, so Wentz is very valuable, but it was still a very bad trade value-wise.
In 2 QB league, I would say this is pretty even or even lean Wentz. Wasn't Luck considered the top pick overall in 2QB league not too long ago? Wentz is on a great team, passes the eye test, and is on pace to have a better season than Luck's best season which was in his 3rd year. Wentz only drawback is he doesn't need to throw for 300/350 yards in a game this year to win.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Balzac wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 am The injury myth has been laughable as well. He has missed 17 games in 7 years, 12 of which came from a season ending injury. Dude plays hurt, because every nfl player plays hurt. There is just more of a spotlight on Jones because of his status in the fantasy realm.

Age is an issue, but still a few years off. Definitely not a Calvin issue. Calvin was being force fed on a terrible team that continued to lose. He was burnt out. Jones isn't being force fed and they are winning. He may have other reasons to walk but it isn't comparable.
Not missing games might be worse since you'll have to play him if he's out there regardless of if he's a decoy or not. Sometimes it's just better to sit and get better than to keep aggravating the injury.

There wasn't much of an inkling that Calvin Johnson was going to retire until he did and everyone was like, oh yeah, it was obvious that he was done even though it was a total surprise. Not saying Julio will retire. Just saying that players can get tired of the nagging injuries and think about quality of life after they have $100 million in the bank. There was a rash of players retiring around age 30 just a season or so ago. Just be open to selling your assets if the right offer comes in.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 pm He's one of those elite assets that doesn't seem to perform like we think he should. It may not have come yet, but at some point, you just have to admit he's not in the AB, OBJ, Mike Evans tier.

Injuries are a real issue, even if he doesn't miss games. You still have to sweat out some games to see if he'll play, or worry that he'll be playing while hurt, or being used as a decoy. Like onetwothree mentioned, it's similar to the last couple seasons of Calvin Johnson. These things don't show up in the end of year stats.
I can't even believe what I'm reading. The last three years he has been the WR6, WR2, and WR7. How should he be performing?

I'm fine with not putting him in the OBJ/Evans tier because of his age, but let's not act like he's underperformed. Julio is still an elite talent. He's just on a struggling Falcons offense this year.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:04 pm

We're talking about Julio Jones here, right? He's been under 10 PPR points one time this entire season (in a down year). I'm completely fine with trading him for a good return (and have done so myself this offseason), but let's not act like we've been drastically overvaluing him for a couple years now.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm not worried about Julio at all since I see no concern with Julio himself.
Dude is still elite - the team has just transitioned to a more balanced team and the OC is substantially less aggressive than other OCs. The team has only thrown 7 TDs to WRs in the redzone all year. They don't feed Julio (although the HC keeps calling for it).

To say he is not in the elite tier is laughable because of one "down year" in which he is still 4th in the league in receiving yards. Yes, the touchdowns aren't coming but this community is so knee-jerk it is hilarious. I remember the freak out by so many people when Mike Evans had only 3 touchdowns in his second year. We aren't talking about some fall to being an irrelevant receiver. If him struggling and having an off-year is 4th in the league in receiving yards, give me that guy every time.

Evans has 160 less yards in 1 less game, should we start freaking out about him too?

In the last 3 years for Julio:
83/1409/6 in 14 games.
136/1871/8 in 16 games.
104/1593/6 in 15 games.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers - RELAX.