Aaron Jones...sell??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Is Aaron Jones the starter in 2018?

Postby gausec » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Hard to tell, him going down may open the door for someone else to take the show.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

I think Jones has the best chance out of the group at this point, but I wouldn't know how to handicap it to assign proper value to each. I also think Jones has the highest upside of the group. I guess I'm basically trying to say that if I was going to target one, it would be Jones.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:14 am

Packers RB Aaron Jones was arrested and faces several charges after a traffic stop in which he admitted to smoking marijuana. Arrest took place Oct. 1, a week before his first start in Dallas, and was previously unreported

https://twitter.com/Michael_Cohen13/sta ... 5909554177

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:36 am

@PlankMelody

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Uh ohhhhh, sounds like he's gotten himself into a little trouble...
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Well that will make things interesting.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Aaron Jones

Postby Lssd2012 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Pros

- #2 in the league last year in YPC (5.6)
- Great prospect profile with incredible collegiate production matched with above average athleticism
- No additional competition via free agency and Packers will likely not draft a RB high in the draft.
- Plays with the best QB of all time

Cons

- Despite being more efficient, may lose carries to Jamaal Williams

Aaron Jones is one of my top offseason buys right now. I do not believe Jamaal Williams is more talented than him and even if he is, Aaron Jones will at worst get 40% of the RB touches on an offense led by the GOAT which would lead to low end RB2 production. On the other hand, if he takes a 60-70% opportunity share, he jumps into RB1 discussion. Meanwhile his prices are late 2nd round rookie picks who will most likely be 4th round, unproven rookies on offenses that are nearly not as good as the Packers.

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Aaron Jones

Postby Novacane » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Shhh
Team 1

12 Team .2 PPR (1 PPR after 5 rec), salary cap.

1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Eli, Wentz, Romo
RB: DJ, Freeman, Hyde, Coleman, Mathews
WR: OBJ, ARob, Watkins, Moncrief, White, Gordon, Hogan, Woods
TE: Gronk, Ebron

2017 Picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 0-3RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Wilson,
RB: Drake, Marshall
WR: OBJ, Alshon, TY Hilton, Jordy Nelson, Benjamin, Parker, Doctson, John Brown, Shepard
TE: Eifert, Ebron,

2017 Picks: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06, 3.01, 3.10

Team 3 (3rd Year Orphan)

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Brees, Kaep
RB: DJ, Forte, Dion Lewis, White, Drake, Ellington
WR: OBJ, Matthews, John Brown, Fuller, Parker, White, Lockett, Treadwell, Hogan, Sharpe
TE: Brate, Ladarius, Kendricks

2017 Picks: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:27 pm

I own him - but I don't understand the love.
He'll be a timeshare back at best. Williams is a more well-rounded running back and honestly has a better chance for more snaps, there is more to being an RB than being an explosive change of pace back.

Reading into YPC based off of 81 rushes is just asking to be disappointed.

Also - I haven't seen any of his owners selling him for a late 2nd.

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:27 pm I own him - but I don't understand the love.
He'll be a timeshare back at best. Williams is a more well-rounded running back and honestly has a better chance for more snaps, there is more to being an RB than being an explosive change of pace back.

Reading into YPC based off of 81 rushes is just asking to be disappointed.

Also - I haven't seen any of his owners selling him for a late 2nd.
Jamaal Williams had ~100 more yards on 72 more carries(!). He is bigger than Jones but other than that, I don't see how he is a more well-rounded back since Jones proved to be a better runner (almost 2 additional yards per carry every time he touched the ball) and is obviously a better pass catcher. Regarding size, Aaron Jones is the same size as guys like McCoy, Devonta Freeman and even has a higher BMI than Jamaal Williams himself.

Sample size is low but thats true for Williams also.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 pm

When people say Williams is more well rounded, it's more than YPC. You're too hung up on that stat. They're referring to pass blocking, route running, and knowing the offense, three things that are absolutely critical when playing with Aaron Rodgers.

Jones has more speed and shiftiness, but I think Williams is equal to or better than him in all other areas. They trust him more. And the Packers drafted Williams over Jones, so that says a little about what management thinks.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 pm When people say Williams is more well rounded, it's more than YPC. You're too hung up on that stat. They're referring to pass blocking, route running, and knowing the offense, three things that are absolutely critical when playing with Aaron Rodgers.

Jones has more speed and shiftiness, but I think Williams is equal to or better than him in all other areas. They trust him more. And the Packers drafted Williams over Jones, so that says a little about what management thinks.
Pass-blocking is a weakness for Jones but it isn't a far fetched assumption that Jones could improve year over year as most RBs do. In terms of route running, no doubt Aaron Jones is better and in terms of knowing the offense, well I don't know how you would measure that. The packers (and Aaron Rodgers) have done nothing but rave about Aaron Jones so hard to see how you could come to the conclusion that Williams understands the offense playbook better.

You are right about draft capital but I think we are splitting hairs when talking about a 4th round vs. 5th round draft capital. Lets not forget that the only reason Williams received more opportunities was due to Aaron Jones being injured, rather than superior performance. When Montgomery first went down with his Rib injury, it was Aaron Jones who was anointed the starter, not Williams. He then went on to have two beastly games agaisnt the Cowboys and Saints before tearing his MCL which is when Williams took over the starting role, and with significantly less efficiency.
Last edited by Lssd2012 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:29 pm

I'm with you LssD. I was so pissed last year when he came up on our waiver wire and I went back and forth and I was outbid. This year I was able to trade M. Lee and my 3.2 for A. Jones. I think Lee will be the kind of WR you can plug in at times or = to many WR's you can pick up cheap or free off of the WW.

Aaron Jones in a split role should be worth an RB3/flex at worst and if he is the lead dog he will be a high RB2 or RB1. I think the Packers prefer to give 1 RB 65%+ of the RB load and my money is on Jones to be that guy.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:46 pm

dmac37 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:29 pm I'm with you LssD. I was so pissed last year when he came up on our waiver wire and I went back and forth and I was outbid. This year I was able to trade M. Lee and my 3.2 for A. Jones. I think Lee will be the kind of WR you can plug in at times or = to many WR's you can pick up cheap or free off of the WW.

Aaron Jones in a split role should be worth an RB3/flex at worst and if he is the lead dog he will be a high RB2 or RB1. I think the Packers prefer to give 1 RB 65%+ of the RB load and my money is on Jones to be that guy.
I did close to the same thing dmac. Traded Carlos Henderson/3.6 for him just the other day. I look at it the same way, he’ll at least be a flex and I also think he’s the RB to own there.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 pm When people say Williams is more well rounded, it's more than YPC. You're too hung up on that stat. They're referring to pass blocking, route running, and knowing the offense, three things that are absolutely critical when playing with Aaron Rodgers.

lol
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James