Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Alvin Kamara: Good Satellite Back in Ideal Situation or True 3 Down Back Talent?

Postby bsp27 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:17 pm

No way he ever materializes into an every-down back. Great satellite back in a good situation tho
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Alvin Kamara: Good Satellite Back in Ideal Situation or True 3 Down Back Talent?

Postby Tvols » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:22 am

No a great big fan of Kelly yet ..but that whole team is a mess I don't doubt butch is gone if something doesn't change his qbs are god aweful..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:26 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:27 pm
Madadamus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 am Kamara isn't a three-down back, but he's a great back for what Sean Payton wants to do in the passing game.
Why isn't he? He is basically the same size as Dalvin Cook.
I don't think he's a strong runner in between the tackles. He's like a Gio Bernard to me. Use his receiver instincts all over the field and give him a few carries to keep the defense honest.
Neither was ty Montgomery and that has turn out just find .. and I like Kamara,even more..look he isn't fournette but more a charles,ty type and I am perfectly fine with that .l he will be a beast imho ..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Concept Coop wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 pm I believe he never had more than 20 touches in college in any game.

Maybe he's Jamal Charles. Maybe he's Felix jones. Sure is on the right team, he'll catch 60+ passes.
His backup at UT is now leading the SEC in rushing. I don't think it's fair to knock Kamara for being in a time share with another stud like Kelly.
I'm not knocking him but I think it's perfectly fair to point out that if he never took a beating in college, it's fair to wonder if he can handle it in the NFL. It's why he slipped to round 3.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Tvols wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:26 am Neither was ty Montgomery and that has turn out just find .. and I like Kamara,even more..look he isn't fournette but more a charles,ty type and I am perfectly fine with that .l he will be a beast imho ..
Ty Montgomery is averaging 3.3 YPC in his first season as a full-time RB.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:27 pm
Madadamus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 am Kamara isn't a three-down back, but he's a great back for what Sean Payton wants to do in the passing game.
Why isn't he? He is basically the same size as Dalvin Cook.
I don't think he's a strong runner in between the tackles. He's like a Gio Bernard to me. Use his receiver instincts all over the field and give him a few carries to keep the defense honest.
i think thats a pretty solid comp. the issue here is...gio never had the chance to become the 3 down back. reguardless of how you spin it...opportunity will dictate kamara going forward. i see no reason to think that he's not a threat inside the 20's.

as to the opportunity.....seems to me like there are touches to be had.

Concept Coop
Starter
Starter

Postby Concept Coop » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:30 pm
Concept Coop wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 pm I believe he never had more than 20 touches in college in any game.

Maybe he's Jamal Charles. Maybe he's Felix jones. Sure is on the right team, he'll catch 60+ passes.
His backup at UT is now leading the SEC in rushing. I don't think it's fair to knock Kamara for being in a time share with another stud like Kelly.
I'm not knocking him but I think it's perfectly fair to point out that if he never took a beating in college, it's fair to wonder if he can handle it in the NFL. It's why he slipped to round 3.
That's certianly fair. I don't know if I'd say he slipped in the draft, however. He was the (counts on fingers) 5th back taken, just as predicted.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:01 pm

sloth8u wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:39 pm i think thats a pretty solid comp. the issue here is...gio never had the chance to become the 3 down back. reguardless of how you spin it...opportunity will dictate kamara going forward. i see no reason to think that he's not a threat inside the 20's.

as to the opportunity.....seems to me like there are touches to be had.
I think the Bengals never gave him the chance because of durability. Gio can't run with a lot of power, so that's why they brought in Hill for early down/goal line work. Whereas now, you look at Mixon and he has the power of Hill and the receiving ability of Gio.

The opportunity may be there for the Saints to try it out, but I don't think it's a preferrable move long-term.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:22 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:12 pm
Tvols wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:26 am Neither was ty Montgomery and that has turn out just find .. and I like Kamara,even more..look he isn't fournette but more a charles,ty type and I am perfectly fine with that .l he will be a beast imho ..
Ty Montgomery is averaging 3.3 YPC in his first season as a full-time RB.
Did u figure in the recieving as well? Just wondering
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 am

Tvols wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:22 am Did u figure in the recieving as well? Just wondering
He's always been a good receiver out of the backfield, but that wouldn't seem to indicate that he's a good three-down back. So far, volume has been his primary value.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:35 am

I feel comfortable projecting Kamara as a high end RB2 moving forward. He's not 22 years old, has ability in both the run and pass game (even if you want to debate if he should ever average more than 10 carries per game), and while Brees tenure is limited (and Payton unknown), he has the look of a player who will hold a job. I don't want to stamp 'RB1' to his forehead, but I'm pretty happy with him moving forward as a late 1st on average draft selection. Not everyone has to be Lev Bell or DJ with 20+ and 5. Get him 12-15 touches, keep him efficient, and keep him healthy. Good enough for me.

If he can bulk up more with age, maybe his ceiling is higher. Impossible to say. Seems like a safe floor though.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 pm

I agree fireman nice analyst
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Kamara the best 2017 rb rookie?

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:51 pm

If you're in a ppr league like me I'm starting to think Kamara may end up being the best rb in the 2017 class. Kid is dynamic.

Let this be a reminder to everyone that you don't draft based on the "expert" ranking. Do your own research and go with your gut.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kamara the best 2017 rb rookie?

Postby captain howdy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Possibly, you know,since aaron Jones got hurt.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kamara the best 2017 rb rookie?

Postby Madadamus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:02 pm

I’d still have Fournette comfortably ahead of him.

After that, I think he’s jumped up into a tier with McCaffrey, Mixon, and Hunt.

In PPR, I can see a #2 ranking similarly to McCaffrey, since the Bengals look a mess in the short term.

Hunt has a few big games early, but he was grossly overvalued as a later day 2 pick getting close to round 1 start-up status.

Kamara should be locked in this role for at least 2 more years as I think this season bought Payton and Brees some extra years. He just looks so effortless out there. Yes, the offensive line is great, but he’s making a lot of plays and who knows if they move on from Ingram and make him the 1A next year.

Gun to my head, I’d rather have Kamara over Hunt. It’s close with McCaffrey and Mixon though.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10